News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hyundai rumored to want Chrysler

Started by 1971SE440, February 19, 2007, 03:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

1971SE440

RANKFURT/DETROIT (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler AG (DCXGn.DE) shares rose more than 4 percent to their highest level since August 2001 on Monday amid continued speculation it could sell or spin off loss-making U.S. arm Chrysler.
ADVERTISEMENT

The stock hit a session peak of 56.34 euros and closed up 3.6 percent at 56.08 euros, while the DJ Stoxx European car sector index (^SXAP - news) gained 1.7 percent.

Weekend reports that many companies were eyeing Chrysler and that suitors could include
South Korea's Hyundai Motor Co
(005380.KS) followed Friday's news that DaimlerChrysler was in preliminary talks with General Motors (NYSE:GM - news) on the division.

Quoting unnamed people familiar wit

69bronzeT5

i think its gonna be a disaster if they sell to hyndai or gm

69-DodgeCharger

I would rather have GM buy it than Hyundai...but I would rather Chrysler not sell the company!

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 69-DodgeCharger on February 19, 2007, 04:00:25 PM
I would rather have GM buy it than Hyundai...but I would rather Chrysler not sell the company!

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

ChargerSG

Quote from: 69-DodgeCharger on February 19, 2007, 04:00:25 PM
:iagree: :yesnod:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

OldGuy

Will there be a Challmaro (Challenger/Camaro) in our future? ::)
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: OldGuy on February 19, 2007, 05:47:50 PM
Will there be a Challmaro (Challenger/Camaro) in our future? ::)

no they are planning on calling it a buick challenger!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BigBlackDodge

ipstrategies

Why don't we all kick in and buy it ourselves?
It is going to be strange no matters who ends up with it, just like when Daimler bought it
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

Silver R/T

That would be way worse than Chevy buying it. I definitely don't want to drive a korean car
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Ghoste

At least this time they are being honest about it being a selloff.  We won't have to listen to shiny faced spin marketeers (sic) trying to make us believe it's a "merger of equals".

moparjohn

How could hyundia buy Chrysler? from DCX???  there is no way hyndai is worth more than Chrysler. IF it is the world is more in the s*^ter than I thought.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

mopar1

I've got an idea.
Maybe Chryco should put in a bid and buy GM.
They could finance there billion dollar technological station.

Lets be honest, other than the new challenger and 2 million minivans.
WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING. THEY NEED TO CLEAN HOUSE BIG TIME.

Ghoste

Hyundai is a HUGE corporation in Asia.  The cars they market here maybe don't indicate such, but they are much larger than we give them credit for.

Telvis

Quote from: Ghoste on February 21, 2007, 04:46:38 AM
Hyundai is a HUGE corporation in Asia.  The cars they market here maybe don't indicate such, but they are much larger than we give them credit for.

I work for Toyota and I can tell you that Hyundai is the company considered to be Toyota's biggest competition in the future. They definitely have Toyota's attention. Their quality is pretty darn good and the company is well run.

With that said, I don't want to see either Hyundai or GM buy Chrysler.

Troy

Hyundai claims that the rumor is false:
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070219/skorea_hyundai_chrysler.html?.v=4

Apparently Renault and Nissan aren't interested either:
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070221/japan_nissan_chrysler.html?.v=6

Hyundai is the largest auto maker in Korea and the 6th largest in the world. They also make large trucks and buses. They own 51% of Kia and are owned themselves by Hyundai Electronic Industries which I think is owned by a larger group that runs the heavy machinery and shipping divisions (it seems like every cargo ship/container out there says Hyundai on the side). I still think Hyundai Motor is many times smaller than GM, Toyota, or DCX but that doesn't exactly make them small.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Doright

What you are seeing is the implosion of a Major corporation heavy in management that blame's the Union's when its really Big management stealing all the profits!
All US Corporations with infostructures of little empires upon little empires will go this route sooner than later, all of them blaming hi labor cost's! All in an effort to move over sea's were labor is cheap! and NO Union's! or the EPA, or OSHA, ETC...
They don't want or care about the fact that if no one is making any good money here in the USA no one is going to buy there junk no matter how cheap it is.
I don't see some one working at Wallmart buying a new Challenger let alone a new mini van.
Big government has allowed way too many corporations to leave and go outside the US and then turn around import there goods.

The Buyout of Chrysler should never been by an over seas company in the first place!
And the failure of it is all over the Pension fund any way, If they kill it they can dump all the pensions on the Pension Guaranty board much like US air and United airlines did. Go figure US airlines files bankruptcy Gets out of the pensions and then puts in two diffrent bids to buy out Delta airlines for 8 billion+ less than two years later!

Before 9-11 United airlines was going to buy out US air for 5 billion cash American airlines countered with a bid to buy out TWA for 5 billion 9-11 happend United backs out of deal overnight, American falls through becomes Largest airline in the world with major dept ALL other majors airlines EXCEPT American airlines! file Bankruptcy and get out of Pension planes all dumped on Pension guaranty board, I could go on but whats the point as long as pepole are willing to bend over and take it.

How many pepole do you know that will get a Pension these days?
Oh they got a 401k Try and live off of it! ain't gonna happen my friend

I will get off my soap box         Sorry
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

Troy

Yep, all management ever does is steal profits... :eyes:

Troy

twilt

a 401k........... will be what YOU make of it.  I work with a handful of people who do not plan one bit for their retirement. They do not contribute a cent to their 401k plans, therefore the company does n`t give them their matching funds. Works out great for the company  ;). I`ve tried to convince a few of them to start...but it simply does n`t seem to get thru. When they say that they can`t afford to withhold 6% of their pretax income to get the max company match, I simply tell them that they can`t afford NOT to. Its basically declining free money. IMO a lot of people live beyond their reasonable means with no concern for their future. They drive around in new cars/trucks, live in homes much more expensive than they need..but can`t afford to contribute to their own future??...go figure.   With a 401k it becomes your responsibility to plan for the future. Is that really so hard to understand?

Doright

The truth with a 401k plan is it wont work in the end for what you are trying to use it for. all are caped to the amount you can put in all based on your yearly earnings in most the best you can hope for is 8% a year and in the end it isnt going to be enough.

Lets see Joe makes 50k a year invests the max 10% = 5k for 25 years = 125,000 total and figuring he gets 8% on it every year some one help me out but this aint going to be enough for little Ol Joe to live off of.  Even if he is lucky and gets 10-13  percent return for 10 years.
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

Troy

Uh, compounded interest - check it out sometime.

$50k salary, 10% contribution, 8% return, 25 years, no salary increase (ever) and no employer contribution = $381,186
$50k salary, 10% contribution, 8% return, 35 years, no salary increase (ever) and no employer contribution = $898,488

Let's say you actually manage to get a raise at some point...
$50k salary, 10% contribution, 8% return, 25 years, 3% raise, and no employer contribution = $495,839
$50k salary, 10% contribution, 8% return, 35 years, 3% raise, and no employer contribution = $1,248,432

What if your employer kicks in a percentage?
$50k salary, 10% contribution, 8% return, 25 years, 3% raise, and 50% employer match up to 6% = $644,583
$50k salary, 10% contribution, 8% return, 35 years, 3% raise, and 50% employer match up to 6% = $1,622,947

The key is longevity - the sooner you put something in (anything) the longer it has to grow. Consistently adding funds allows your money to grow in two ways and having an employer match adds a third and fourth (their contribution also gets compounded over time). This goes for any investment strategy - not just 401k.

Troy