News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Flat black Chargers

Started by bull, February 18, 2007, 10:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Anyone have pics of some flat black 2nd gen Chargers where the paint actually looks done? I mean, it's not some half-done crappy primer job but a good looking, finished Charger in flat black?

I guess the Blade Charger would be one good example.

terrible one

CB's Charger comes to my mind. I love it. Especially on the polished slots! Maybe he'll show up and post some pics soon...

Ghoste

Isn't Silver's car actually flat black?

Mean 318

my fav coclr for a mopar... flat black! ;D

CB

Bull, here some pics of my 69:

after the paint job:

@t her first date with the other Mopars :)

It looks wicked, I can tell you :D
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

CB

I decided to go with the flat black (at that time the budget went into body work, read cutting and welding, some $$ short for painting it back into the B5 color) It looks mean, with that sound and that look i assure you people get scared on the road :D
Anyway this wil last as long as it takes to get the paint budget together. nothing for this year, so Ill be cruising around in black this summer. First things first: front end rebuild, disc swap, trans work and good maintenance is now in order. Take care CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

duo-stripe

69 matching # hemi-charger
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

duo-stripe

drivin 'around in the Netherlands b.t.w.....
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

CB

duostripe: wicked car, I love it!!!
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

1BAD68

here's my 70 that I don't have anymore, but it was in flat black for awhile.

HITMAN 149

hey bull.....
mine is flat black primer...but not finished....so i won't post a pic. BUT,... i do have this one for you, i found while hunting, and i saved it to my 68 photo album!!! i think it was at a car show in california??? if i remeber correct?!?!?
:devil:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Hemidog

hobobum that looks wicked! gota any more pics of it?

Brock Samson

jim shines was flat black for a while too..

HITMAN 149

hey dog......
i thought i did???  but can't seem to find any?!?!?! well i found one of my 68 that i didn't think looked toooo bad ::), ..... I'll let bull decide!?!?!? hahahaha
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

bull

It's looks good. How could it not? ;D I wasn't trying to forbid black primer pics, I was just trying to make sure I was looking at flat black paint instead of black primer. Maybe they don't look any different. :shruggy:

Question for CB, 1bad and duo-stripe: Did you guys put any kind of clear coating over the flat black paint or is it just paint only? If you look at CB's car and the pic hobobum posted of the one at the car show they look like they have some sort of clear coat.

1BAD68

mine didn't have clear, I remember someone saying on here that flat black tends to shine up over time due to washing and anywhere the paint gets touched alot like where your arm would lay on the door while cruising with the windows down.

bull

Quote from: 1BAD68 on February 19, 2007, 02:30:21 PM
mine didn't have clear, I remember someone saying on here that flat black tends to shine up over time due to washing and anywhere the paint gets touched alot like where your arm would lay on the door while cruising with the windows down.

Ok. I like it but I think I still like the gloss black better.

Brock Samson

who was the guy that had that AWSOME '68 super bee that had the polished TTIIs on it?...
that was one BADDASS Coronet! something about that flat black made the trim and stainless POP!

NYCMille

hobobum149 - that car is sinister looking...

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: bull on February 19, 2007, 02:42:43 PM
Quote from: 1BAD68 on February 19, 2007, 02:30:21 PM

Ok. I like it but I think I still like the gloss black better.

Just wait till it rains then........... ;D

BBD

JimShine

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 19, 2007, 01:52:35 PM
jim shines was flat black for a while too..

Yeah, I miss it being that way.

BigBlockSam

stole this one from charger punk.

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

HITMAN 149

thanks NYC Mike....
just you wait till it's done!!!!!!!!!!
mua-hahahahahaha
:devil:
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Wheels of Terror

I was thinking of doing flat black on my Charger. It looks mean. :icon_smile_evil:
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

Silver R/T

Quote from: Ghoste on February 19, 2007, 02:45:31 AM
Isn't Silver's car actually flat black?
\

yes it is. More pics are on my cardomain. I get to see it gloss black when it used to rain. Im still not sure if I want to paint it black/red stripes vs original silver/red stripes
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722