News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 71 R/T Newly Painted Engine Pics And Front End Rebuild Pics

Started by Goldfinger71, February 18, 2007, 12:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldfinger71

Hello all,
Well we finally got the engine and tranny back in.Actually this drivetrain has never been in the car becuase I bought this car as a roller.Im using some old Thorley headers to break in the motor and the steering column has yet to be rebuilt and detailed but litterally everything else had been rebuilt or new.The front end was dissassembled and rebuilt and powdercoated.The front end had been out of the car for a year and a half! As of a few days ago,this car had been on dollies.
Im in the process of learning how to replace the heater core(haven't done it before)then I will put on the rebuilt heater motor.Many thanks to the board and the members! :icon_smile_cool:I have learned so much since I have been a member here and at the old site! :yesnod:Many thanks to all that have helped me with questions and with parts! :cheers:

I am one man with one Mopar,and I may not be a millionare,but my Charger sure does make me feel like a million bucks! :thumbs:
P.S Thanks to those that helped me with my pic problems!
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

The Ghoul

Goldfinger71

Thanks Ghoul!
Here are more pics...
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Goldfinger71

More...

Hemidog

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Goldfinger71

Thanks Everyone!Here are some front end pics.

73chgrSE

That's awesome. Is that a new crate motor. If so, from where? Just curious.

Goldfinger71

The Ghoul

plum500

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

firefighter3931

Very Nice work !  :scope:  The engine bay and suspension detail work looks outstanding !   :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

TruckDriver

If my car looks half as good when done, I'll be satisfied.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

MadScientist

mikesbbody

nice to see another 71 rt! good job keep posting those pics!  :2thumbs:

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Goldfinger71

Thanks guys for the encouraging words! :icon_smile_cool:
Mad Scientist,to answer your question,I used Khrylon wrinkle paint in a rattle can.I also used a hair dryer to heat up the surface(after I sprayed it) which in turn causes the paint to wrinkle.If you let it air dry it takes forever!It takes a while becuse you have to heat one small section at a time but the overall result is pretty good! :yesnod:

The Ghoul

Goldfinger71

Ghoul,
To answer your ques
*I am going to replace the heater core and clean-up/paint the heater box.The heater motor is alreay redone so I will put it in after the heater box is back in the car.
*Strip and primer the floorpan
*Strip clean/primer the inner and outer front fenders
*Strip/clean undercoat the front fenderwells.....I will post pics when these projects start! :icon_smile_cool:

chargerkid

Sounds like fun, but aren't you anxious to fire the motor?

Charger_Fan

That sorta reminds me of the Joe Dirt Daytona...old looking on the outside, but you pop the hood & it's got a flawless engine bay. :icon_smile_big:

Congrats to you, you've doe a great job so far! That's gonna look sweet when you're done. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)