News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A "Winged" Coronet... interesting...

Started by NYCMille, February 16, 2007, 11:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

plum500

I dunno, I wouldn't kick it out of my driveway :)

PocketThunder

He says it has a wing like a Daytona but i think its a superbird wing.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

THE CHARGER PUNK

Todd Wilson

Looks like it would be a sweet car to drive around and rip around in. I'd take the wing off and sell it and then drive the car.

Todd

Charger1973

I like it overall.  The wing doesnt do it for me, but it doesnt look bad either.  The color scheme is cool, just needs to be a brighter yellow.  I really like yellow with the tan interior and black six pack hood..   :yesnod:

jasonfromIKILLYA

what?  he couldn't back up 10 feet and get a picture of the whole car?  :D
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Big Lebowski

It's not so ugly, but the Chevy black firewall would be a no-no in the resto world. :icon_smile_big:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Charger-Bodie

i think it would be pretty cool if it were carried out all the way with a 70 ft fenders and hood and a bird nose ect thats one thing ive never seen anyone do is a wing dodge b body ecl. charger :scratchchin:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger_Fan

What is that...house insulation duct-taped to the bottom side of the hood? :scope:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

tan top

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 16, 2007, 04:15:31 PM
What is that...house insulation duct-taped to the bottom side of the hood? :scope:

:haha: :haha:   i thought it was empty cement bags :-\   

take the wing  off  be a good coronet to beat on as a daily driver
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger1973

Quote from: Big Lebowski on February 16, 2007, 03:39:35 PM
It's not so ugly, but the Chevy black firewall would be a no-no in the resto world. :icon_smile_big:

Not if GM buys Chrysler, then it would be sort of correct.   ;)

Manfred318

Quote from: Charger1973 on February 16, 2007, 02:39:05 PM
I like it overall.  The wing doesnt do it for me, but it doesnt look bad either.  The color scheme is cool, just needs to be a brighter yellow.  I really like yellow with the tan interior and black six pack hood..   :yesnod:
:iagree: :yesnod:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Ghoste

I don't know if it would ever grow on me enough to want it but I will say that it isn't as unattractive as I thought.  That shouldn't be a surprise with it being first cousin to a Charger.  I have to give him points for imagination too.

red72chrgr

If I had the coin, I'd buy it. Remove the wing, cruise and have fun, then again leave it and still run it. Heck, it's a mopar right?
Nothing personal, just business

Arigmaster

I like the concept but not too fond of the color. It would probably look better with the Daytona wing as opposed to the bird wing. Something about the shape difference to the lines of the cornet...  I prefer the Daytona wing because the angle isn't so abrupt and the uprights are wider from front to back at the base. I think thats why the bird wing looks like it's too far forward.

Not everyone likes the "Wing" so It's just a matter of personal taste. Even back in the day, Daytonas and Super Birds were scoffed at...Until they started kicking everyones ass on the track that is....  :nana:

Ghoste

I had to go look at it again, but I think I agree with you.  At first I figured the Coronet was more closely related to the Satellite lineup but I guess that is just in a marketing scheme of things.  Stylewise, Dodge had a somewhat different profile than the Plymouth. 
Does anyone else think the hood scoop looks out of place with the wing?

TK73

Looks like the deck lid would hit the wing when you open it...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Arigmaster

I can't say for sure if it would....  On mine the trunk lid clears the wing by 1/8" so I watch my fingers pretty close... I lost count of how many times I hit my head when I stood up from taking something out of the trunk and forgot about the wing...lol

nakita7

It looks like someone got their 'Birds and their 'Bees mixed up.... ;D

Blakcharger440

I like it except for the chevy boy air cleaner and black engine compartment.
I would do many a burn outs in it!  :yesnod:

TruckDriver

Remember the red one ? Could own a pair of them :yesnod:

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P