News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BADASS 69 CHARGER IN NEW GRINDHOUSE TRAILER( NOW WITH SCREEN SHOTS)

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, February 16, 2007, 12:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

New movie comin out in april , two movies in 1 makes for a 3hr movie :yesnod:, in death proof Kurt russel is in a black 69 charger chasing none other then a white 70 challenger :icon_smile_big: i cant wait :yesnod:-MATT

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809264218/trailer

BB1

Cool, looks like a must see.  :yesnod: but they should have used a 68.  :laugh:
Delete my profile

Wheels of Terror

1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

chargerboy69

Looks like another Charger gets the sh!t beat out of it.  :rotz:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

pettyfan43

Be prepared to get angry, there has been a big discussion about this movie and the cars on the Confederate General Lee board. They apparently destroyed a BUNCH of Chargers and Challengers for this stupid movie.

But there are nods to famous past Movie Chargers....The car has Vector wheels, black paint, and the license plate is 938-DAN so it has a few elements of past movie Chargers. But there were apparently a BUNCH of the cars destroyed .  :flame: :flame: :eyes:

Hemidog

Seems to me like Hollywood just loves to destroy mopars. looks like a kool movie tough.

THE CHARGER PUNK

here ya go :yesnod: that jump is identical to the one in the original vanishing point eh???

THE CHARGER PUNK

more,although i cant tell from here but it looks like tarantino might be pullin the 68/9 switch on purpose on the charger like in dmcl

THE CHARGER PUNK

more

THE CHARGER PUNK

Last,Anyone know where these cars are now???

jasonfromIKILLYA

wow, quentin AND robert!!  that's going to kick ass.  Don't tell me the cars got mangled though.....please
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

bull

Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on February 16, 2007, 03:23:26 PM
wow, quentin AND robert!!  that's going to kick ass.  Don't tell me the cars got mangled though.....please

Of course not. ::)

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

pettyfan43

Last word on the GL board was that the movie wasn't completely done yet but there were quite a few mangled Chargers and Challengers.

Looks like a LOT of Nods to old car movies, The Challenger and the Jump do look like the stuff from Vanishing Point. I wonder what the Tag number is on the Challenger

69bronzeT5

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on February 16, 2007, 12:26:55 AM
New movie comin out in april , two movies in 1 makes for a 3hr movie :yesnod:, in death proof Kurt russel is in a black 69 charger chasing none other then a white 70 challenger :icon_smile_big: i cant wait :yesnod:-MATT

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809264218/trailer

Actually, in that jump scene....the 70 Chally is chasing the Charger ;D
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

THE CHARGER PUNK

the girls are driving the challenger so i dont think that chase last 2 long like that with kurt russel being the killer :icon_smile_big:

bill440rt

Quote from: pettyfan43 on February 16, 2007, 12:59:53 PM
Be prepared to get angry, there has been a big discussion about this movie and the cars on the Confederate General Lee board. They apparently destroyed a BUNCH of Chargers and Challengers for this stupid movie.

But there are nods to famous past Movie Chargers....The car has Vector wheels, black paint, and the license plate is 938-DAN so it has a few elements of past movie Chargers. But there were apparently a BUNCH of the cars destroyed .  :flame: :flame: :eyes:

:iagree:

This trend to destroy these cars on film is getting a little ridiculous. How many met their fate with this latest Hollywood turd? A year from now it will be just another forgotten movie, with permanent erasure of classic treasured automobiles.
Believe me, I like to see car jumps & fire & explosions & crunched metal & rollovers & fire & explosions just like everyone else, but to see these Chargers, Challengers, & other Mopars getting obliviated is infuriating.  :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:
Did I mention I like fire & explosions??  :icon_smile_tongue:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Troy

I think it (they) looks ridiculously stupid. It's obvious that they mangle a bunch of cars in the second one. Not much can be done about though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mean 318

It does suck to see another old car get trashed, but I still like to see em in action.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

THE CHARGER PUNK

Sucks 2 seen them destroyed for sure :yesnod: but that charger is a badass lookin and to see it driving to the max is awesome :yesnod: also whens the last time a charger was destroyed in the movie??? not a few of them getting trashed and they replace it for next scene all nice but when was the last movie made where the charger actually met its fate on film like Bullitt,cannonball and the unforgettable ending of DMCL, i have spoke 2 someone who has the script for Death proof and it apparently ends in a very hairy accident :yesnod:

Afflyer

Tarantino is a rat-faced- sick f%cker, that's all I gotta say.

:image_294343:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Bandit4142

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 16, 2007, 04:33:20 PM
What is that? A Budda?? :lol:

That is the hood ornament from the movie "Convoy".   Its the hood ornament that was on "The Rubber-Duck's" semi.   At least that's what it looks like to me....  a friend has one on his 2-Ton Tow-truck. 
1969 Charger - 383 mag auto - Sold and sorely missed.
1970 Charger R/T - 440 mag - sold
1969 Super Bee - 383 mag auto - sold
1969 Cornet R/T - 383 mag 4 spd - sold