News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

NHCharger

Mike. How many times did you get lost?
When I heard Boston was the first stop I checked to see the quickest route which was down I93 in New Hampshire. I93 is 40 miles west of me. I was very surprised to see Mr. Angry rumble by me at 5 PM Saturday on rte 125 in Barrington, followed by a orange Porshe with numbers.
If your doing the run next year let me know. I know the area from the White Mountains to the seacoast very well.

Your looking for sponsorship next year?  If half the DC.com members ponied up ten bucks each :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

71ChallengeHer

1st of all Big Jim, Shelby and I don't think you are a loud mouth. You were the best navigator on the show. You and Mike were the best Team. And you both were tooo funny. We loved watching the show.  2nd Mike, glad you had a great time and made it home safe. We seriously thought about driving to VA if I wouldn't of had to work in the morning.  3rd  What the hell are we gonna do on Tuesday nights?

pettyfan43

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on May 21, 2007, 09:31:05 PM
  3rd  What the hell are we gonna do on Tuesday nights?

Now THAT'S a darn good question, TV is now a wasteland till fall!

SchaefMan

2 Things:

Thing 1 - Mike, welcome back. Glad you guys had a blast, and got back safely. I caught your YouTube video, and I just can't imagine the time you must have had. Yes, the car is mostly 40 years old, but it is sort of like the 6 million dollar man...you have made it better, stronger, and faster. Well done. As has been said before, you have done all of us Charger fans totally proud..

Thing 2 - Jim, you are in no way too loud. You can be my winman anytime. As much as I would have loved to see the Charger vs. the T/A, I think it would also be fun to have you and Mike Alsop in a navigation contest.

Extra Thing - Somebody else in this thread posted a similar sentiment to this... I started watching the show for the car, but learned throughout the show that the guys in the car are just great, down to earth people, that I really wanted to win.

Cheers to you guys for being yourselves on the show, and staying yourselves after the show.

Bob
No matter where you go, there you are.... B. Banzai

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TUFCAT

I couldn't believe when I was reading my new Mopar Collectors Guide tonight.  See PAGE 155 - COMING NEXT MONTH:  "The Bullrun Reality Series Charger". Also shows a picture of Mike and Mr. Angry.

bull

Congrats Mike. Sounds like you had a good time. Wish I could have seen it.

One thing though. It seems there's something wrong with your Gear Vendor/drivetrain setup to be getting that low of fuel mileage. I'm no expert on the subject but I've been told by a few guys it should be up around 15+ on the BB Mopars. Am I off base?

Hemidoug

Bull...at the speed he was going (100+) he was doing well at 10 MPG. I'm sure he will see better then that at normal highway speeds. He was probably tuning 3500 to 4000 RPM at those speeds.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

SeattleCharger

Quote from: NYCMille on May 21, 2007, 02:07:42 PM
Hey Guys -

Sorry for being out of contact for so long but it's been a CRAZY last couple of weeks. Well, it's over... and honestly I am glad it is. The Rally was simply nuts and there is SO much to tell you everyone that I simply don't know where to begin. We covered just over 2800 miles and the Charger ran like an absolute rockstar. Never once did it overheat, stall out or burn a drop anything even at sustained speeds of 100+ mph running with Porsche's, Lamborghini's, Ferrari's etc...

Everyone on the Rally seemed to be VERY impressed with the car. Not only the look of it, but with the performance of it as well. To give you and example, we ran the Moroso Park road couse in FLA against all of the above exotics and out of 60+ cars that ran we came in 17th!! Nice right! It was great, when the Ferrari's and Lambo's went by people just kinda glanced at them, but when the Charger went out on the track the walls of the track were lined with spectators. It was truly a great feeling.

Again, I don't know where to begin here, so just ask any questions you want and I'll absolutely answer them... again, glad it's over and glad I'm home - it was a great ride...

Cheers   :D- Mike

:2thumbs:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

NYCMille

1. NHCharger - Mike. How many times did you get lost?
- We never actually got lost. The one main difference between us and the top guys was speed. Some of the these guys are just plain nuts. They would go out and hammer at like 140-160mph... no thank you. Regardless if my car could maintain those speeds or not I still wouldn't go that fast for a sustained amount of time, it's just too dangerous. As it was we basically stayed between 90-105 the whole time. As for sponsors, we are definitely going to try and work something out. The car right now is really starting to gain popularity. When we were in Montreal people went nuts as the show was really popular up there so getting sponsors for next year will hopefully be much easier.

2. TUFCAT- That should be pretty cool, we'll be in there as well as Mopar Action in the upcoming months.

3. bull - Honestly, I feel as though the mileage is pretty accurate (although I could be wrong). On the highway we averaged about 10-11mpg at speeds of 90-105 with bursts of up to 130+ - I was constantly popping the car in and out of OD and mashing my foot to the floor to stay up with people so that would affect mileage as well. If we had just run 70-75mph constant we would probably could have gotten about 13-15mpg.

The Charger should be home on Thurs. or Friday and as soon it is the ENTIRE interior is coming and I am dynamatting the entire car... I have to make the interior quieter. With the windows open and going the speeds we were going I couldn't even hear Pete or Rich when they spoke... it sucked.

Steve P.

With the need for A/C and sponsorship, it's a shame you didn't drive the Charger back up to Tampa and see our friends at Classic Auto Air.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

PocketThunder

Quote from: NYCMille on May 22, 2007, 10:26:45 AM
The Charger should be home on Thurs. or Friday and as soon it is the ENTIRE interior is coming and I am dynamatting the entire car... I have to make the interior quieter. With the windows open and going the speeds we were going I couldn't even hear Pete or Rich when they spoke... it sucked.

Maybe Dynamat would like to be your first sponsor.  It might not hurt to pitch it to them...  Maybe your car can be on the cover of there next catalog..

In my 68 I put down edead from www.elementaldesigns.com  and it was well worth it..
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

defiance

I second the edead.  Or, anything from Elemental Designs for that matter.  My whole system is eD, and their stuff is absolutely top-notch.  Their amps are better than the kicker amps I used in USAC (pre-i) world finals in '95 and '96, the subs are on par with kicker subs, and the component speakers are much better than kicker's resolution stuff - and it's all much less expensive.  I actually sold off a bunch of kicker stuff at a loss to switch to eD after I heard the stuff.

jwilk01

Hey Mike glad to see you back and that you had a good time.  Someone on here posted about a bunch of cars getting impounded and people getting arrested one of which was the Alsops.  Any truth to that?

Also will you be coming to the Mopar Nationals in Columbus?

Later
Josh

NYCMille

Sure was dude... they nabbed about 10 cars in Virginia, arrested 6 people and flatbedded like 4 or 5 cars... and yes the Alsop's got nicked...

Steve P.

those pics. will be on the walls of the police station..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

pettyfan43

TUFCAT

Especially since Morgan has not been "a friend" of law enforcement!  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Lostsheep

Glad to see you made it back Mike!! Had to have been a blasty. :D :icon_smile_big:

Khyron

Quote from: TUFCAT on May 22, 2007, 07:23:50 PM
Especially since Morgan has not been "a friend" of law enforcement!  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

would I get my ass kicked if I said "Karma" :nana:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Khyron on May 23, 2007, 07:11:03 AM
Quote from: TUFCAT on May 22, 2007, 07:23:50 PM

would I get my ass kicked if I said "Karma" :nana:

Doubt that, lol.

I thought the same thing reading about when they were stopped. Meaning that some police officer must have seen, or was aware of her comments on TV about the police. Whether or not she can drive & be competitive, if it weren't for her dad she'd have been eliminated the first few episodes. What made that obvious to me was trying to get change of the $100 at the last few miles of the race. ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

volk68

Hey Mike, glad to hear the rally was a good time and the Charger did well.  What I really want to see is how Mr. Angry did in the road coarse!  Please tell me someone got that on video  :o

NYCMille

Yea we go it... I'll post it up as soon as I can do the conversion!