News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettyfan43

Jim, you aren't too loud, the people that say that are humor challenged! I started rooting for you guys because you were in the Charger, But you guys proved to bve my favorite team just because you were the coolest ones on the show. Everyone else seemed to thrive on drama, with the exception of you and Mike and the Mexican guys.

What good would the whole thing have been if you couldn't have fun?   :yesnod:

The one liners were classic, and Neither one of you has told me what the heck BUTT Canyon is!?!!?!?!?

:ahum: :lol:

Steve P.

Quote from: BigJim on May 19, 2007, 08:11:42 PM
I just that thing about me being to loud.  Does anyone else think that I'm too loud?  Seriously.... :scratchchin:

No way are you too loud. Funny and very entertaining, yes. Who ever said you were loud??

My mother was here when the re=run of your last episode was on. She had no idea what the show was. She spotted the Charger and said: (Hey, isn't that a 60 something Charger)? I wanted to buy a car like that when you were just a kid, but your grandfather stopped me in fear that I would kill us both in that race car..
Yeah, mom is a speed freak. I grew up in a 62' Dart..  Her next comment was that all the rest other than the truck, looked like Euro-trash.. The funny thing was that all the vehicles left are American iron.. She never has liked GM.. hahaha...   :rofl:  I think she was heart broke when the Charger stalled too.. I was trying to explain about the Booger brothers and getting their asses handed to them off camera. She was even mad..  This from a woman who has not watched anything about cars in probably more than 35 years...   She kills me....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

AirborneSilva

Jim,

Too loud? nah, that's one of the many things I enjoyed about them having the camera on you and Mike, well other then seeing the charger, you guys were a cut up and were not whinners.

Steve, I got my first car from my mom - it was a 68 Charger R/T, she loved that car but I made her promise when I was old enough she would sale it to me, it was a sad day when I had to sale it  :'(

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

AirborneSilva

That would have been the wise thing to do, but you know what they say about young and dumb!

Lostsheep

Quote from: BigJim on May 19, 2007, 08:05:26 PM
I couldn't go with Mike because of work.  My boss has been questioning if I want to be a TV star or a manager for him.

Sounds like my old boss, what an all around jerk he was, I dont miss workin for him. But Im sure you did the right thing.

Steve P.

He will bust your chops now, but he will be the one to use you in the media to his advantage..

(Hey Jim, have you got any real good photo's of yourself with Mr. Angry)? We are doing a signing at the store all weekend and you are going to sign pics..   How's that sound?? ?? ??   

Of course this is when you tell him (No, I don't want to be a big star. I just want to be a manager for you)... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Speaking of which, I need to come see you soon..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

bull

I have a potentially dumb question. Maybe this has been covered already but is the real Bullrun the same as the TV version? Do they run two legs a day with a challenge in-between and eliminate those who lose?

Brock Samson

Mrspettyfan43

Hemidoug

Anyone heard from Mike lately? I haven't see any posts from him since the second day. I wonder who won?
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Mrspettyfan43

I can't seem to find updates anywhere. Of course, with that group they could still be partying!  :cheers:

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Mrspettyfan43 on May 20, 2007, 12:59:54 PM
I can't seem to find updates anywhere. Of course, with that group they could still be partying!  :cheers:

A couple blog updates on bullrun2007 this morning.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Lostsheep

Quote from: Dave22443 on May 18, 2007, 09:50:29 PM
Here ya go Steve
http://www.spiketv.com/shows/bullrun/fullepisodes/index.html

Thanks for posting that.....I didnt get to see all of the shows. So I did have myself a nice little Sunday, I watched all of them from start to finish. :icon_smile_big:

NYCMille

Hey Guys -

Sorry for being out of contact for so long but it's been a CRAZY last couple of weeks. Well, it's over... and honestly I am glad it is. The Rally was simply nuts and there is SO much to tell you everyone that I simply don't know where to begin. We covered just over 2800 miles and the Charger ran like an absolute rockstar. Never once did it overheat, stall out or burn a drop anything even at sustained speeds of 100+ mph running with Porsche's, Lamborghini's, Ferrari's etc...

Everyone on the Rally seemed to be VERY impressed with the car. Not only the look of it, but with the performance of it as well. To give you and example, we ran the Moroso Park road couse in FLA against all of the above exotics and out of 60+ cars that ran we came in 17th!! Nice right! It was great, when the Ferrari's and Lambo's went by people just kinda glanced at them, but when the Charger went out on the track the walls of the track were lined with spectators. It was truly a great feeling.

Again, I don't know where to begin here, so just ask any questions you want and I'll absolutely answer them... again, glad it's over and glad I'm home - it was a great ride...

Cheers   :D- Mike

dodgecharger-fan

Steve P.

Where did you place??

Would you do it again??

What carb did you end up with?

What kind of millage are you getting now??

How did the fuel cell work out??

Did you get to see Big Jim?? ?? ??

Why didn't you stop in for a beer???   :rofl:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

pettyfan43

MIKE Glad to see you back!

I bet that was an absolute BLAST! I'd love to do that just once!

Glad to hear you had fun. Glad Mr Angry showed himself well too!

Steve P I think has covered the main questions!!!!!!!!

Talk to you later - Welcome back to the real world.

Mrspettyfan43

Welcome home Mike!  :icon_smile_big:

Once again you have made us Mopar lovers proud! GREAT JOB! :2thumbs:

NYCMille

Ok, LET THE QUESTIONS BEGIN!

1. Where did you place??
- Best finish was in the top 15... it was a short leg and we were getting a consistant 10mpg running 100-105mph. We were usually in the mid pack though, about 25th or so.

2. Would you do it again??
- In a heartbeat, but with climate control and full sound deadening, the run was VERY tough with the windows open for 2800 miles - we are already working on getting sponsorship for next year.

3. What carb did you end up with?
- The same Holley 800dp - Pete tuned it perfectly and the car ran like a champ.

4. What kind of millage are you getting now??
- A consistant 10-11mpg at 100-105mph

5. How did the fuel cell work out??
- It didn't we simply did not have enough time to install it the way we wanted to so we just ran the standard 19 gallon tank.

6. Did you get to see Big Jim?? ?? ??
- Unfortunately no, Big Jim was working when we rolled through FLA.- we will be seeing eachother soon though.

7. Why didn't you stop in for a beer???
- Dude, we didn't stop for anything... we filled that tank and we were gone!

Hemidoug

Mike,
Glad you are home safe and sound! After things calm down we will have to get together. It's going to be a couple of weeks before the 69 is back up and running so maybe we can do something at Carlisle......Glad you had a blast! Talk to you soon!
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Dave22443

Hey Mike,

Got any video's of Mr. Angry out on the track?

I was sad to hear that you guys stopped in Staunton VA.  Its really nice country there, but it was too far for me to drive on a work night (about 2 hours each way).  I was thinking you might go home via I95 and that would put you much closer to me (about 20 minutes).  :wave:  If you did, I was hoping you would call and I'd honor that tank of gas and give you a proper escourt for a while  :drive:

Oh well.  I've never been to New York.  Maybe this fall after I've got the new drive train and suspension installed, maybe I'll ride up and you can give me the tour of the Big Apple  :D

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

BrianShaughnessy

Mike!   Glad you're back safe... Congrats!

I won't pester ya with questions except to say that Musclepalooza is at Lebanon Valley this Sunday (www.dragway.com) - hope you can make it up - let me know if ya can... and otherwise I hope to see ya at XV on the 14th. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

resq302

Mike,

Glad to hear you are home safe and sound and had the time of your life.  Life is too short to not take advantage of the things you want to do when you have the chance.  If you can, PM me with your address as I had something made up for you and Mr. Angry.  I can post a pic of it if you want.

Brian
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto