News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aifilaw

Quote from: NYCMille on May 09, 2007, 12:02:48 AM
So... you guys might ask whats next for MR ANGRY.. well, as most of you know I was given the opportunity to run in the real Bullrun Rally beginning this coming Saturday. I will be running with Rich from Team Mustang as well as my good friend Peter Bergman in the Charger. Jason and Morgan will be piloting Morgan's TA and Brian and Danny in the Lotus will running with us as well. Out of 85 cars the Charger will be the oldest car on the rally by 30+ years. It will be running against the latest and greatest supercars from around the world and will be doing so still running a 440 big block with a carb. (now fully sorted!) on top, still running leaf springs and still running torsion suspension up front and ya' what, it will do just fine.

Well, I'm reading between the lines here, but that's what I do..
It will be fun watching Morgan and her dad win
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

Steve P.

Now you don't know that.. Team F-150's driver is also in it. He may have won and is going to use his entry with Morgan. 

Maybe the Foldsmobile won and after the show everyone came from the hotel and killed the Mario Bros. leaving an opening for the runners up..  :D

Maybe Bill Goldberg put up the entry fees for all of them....

Maybe this entire show was just in our minds...  :rofl:

Maybe some day we will organize a mopar cruise of our own..  :yesnod:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

General_01

Damn carb!!!! :flame:

Great run Mike and Jim, although I agree with others. The Olds idiots couldn't let you run. If they would have started 3rd or last they would have lost and been gone. They needed to climb as high as they could in the ranks. That doesn't excuse them relishing the chance to say no and being total jackasses about it, but in the end, they are trying to win the money.

I am predicting that Morgan and her Dad win. I will still watch it. It won't be the same without Mike and Jim, but I gotta see who wins.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

aifilaw

kinda sad the carb running really rich due to the added several thousand feet of altitude got you, changing the timing wouldn't have helped much, bumping up the idle would have kept it running, but not well.... changing jets would have been the only thing you really could have done to have it run as well as possible.
and of course adjusting the idle mix screw on the side.

jasonfromIKILLYA

Quote from: General_01 on May 09, 2007, 11:01:00 PM
I am predicting that Morgan and her Dad win.

they did win.  check Mike's statement.  They are in the bullrun, the lotus is in the bullrun, and mike is in the bullrun.  no F150 and no oldsmobile.

i'm not watching anyway.  it's all been shit since the F150 debacle.
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

charger_lady

I thought I was having a bad dream...team Charger eliminated :icon_smile_question: :o :'(...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Well, you said it guys...shit happens...and karma will win in the end  :icon_smile_wink:
Good luck to you guys in the Bullrun rally this Saturday...you definitely have what it takes to win!

bull

Ah hell! :icon_smile_angry: That really sux! :flame: You know, I have been on the fence between Holley and Edelbrock for a long time and I can honestly say now that Holley just wrecked my favorite TV show so that decision has now been made. :yesnod:

After the boobs in the Oldsmobuick refused to let you run again I was hoping to see them plow into a concrete barrier. Oh well. It was every man/woman for himself/herself I guess but IMO they really had no reason to hold a grudge. Had they let you run the course again they would have been sent packing instead of you but I don't know if they are smart enough to see realize that. But I think refusing to let you run again is where their dumb luck played a big role. They said no because they were holding a grudge, not because they were afraid of losing and everyone but them seems to know they would have gotten spanked.

Anyway, Mike and Jim, you ran a helluva race and represented well. I'm proud of you guys and Mr. Angry too.

Troy

Well that sucks. I finally got to watch it tonight and, even though someone had spoiled the ending for me, it was still stressful. At least "the brothers" were an untrusting bunch because if they had believed Team Trans Am about the time bonus they'd have driven straight through and it would have been no contest. It's funny that I still catch myself watching the scenery instead of the action. I want to take a road trip over that route at tourist speeds (well, most of the time ;)).It seems like a once-in-a-lifetime experience and you guys should be proud of how you handled yourselves and how well you did. Good luck in the upcoming race!

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Quote from: Bluestar on May 09, 2007, 09:46:06 AM
Mike,

2)  From your You Tube broadcast, am I understanding the Jason (F-150) and the guy from Team Mustang will be co-drivers in your car for the real Bull Run?  It would be cool to try and include them in the You Tube broadcasts that you said you would be trying to do if they are indeed riding with you.

May I? It's actually Jason from Team F-150 and Rich from Team Mustang (eliminated early) who will be joining Mike in the real Bullrun.

**EDIT** Wait a minute. I just watched Morgan's Episode 9 recap and she said her partner in the reall Bullrun is going to be Jason from Team F-150. I'm confused. ???

Rack

Quote from: bull on May 10, 2007, 02:15:52 AM
Quote from: Bluestar on May 09, 2007, 09:46:06 AM
Mike,

2)  From your You Tube broadcast, am I understanding the Jason (F-150) and the guy from Team Mustang will be co-drivers in your car for the real Bull Run?  It would be cool to try and include them in the You Tube broadcasts that you said you would be trying to do if they are indeed riding with you.

May I? It's actually Jason from Team F-150 and Rich from Team Mustang (eliminated early) who will be joining Mike in the real Bullrun.

**EDIT** Wait a minute. I just watched Morgan's Episode 9 recap and she said her partner in the reall Bullrun is going to be Jason from Team F-150. I'm confused. ???

Jason is joining Mike in NY and they're headed to Montreal together (along with Rich and/or Morgan). But Jason is gonna be Morgan's actual partner in the Bullrun.

Troy

And Peter from XV is also riding with Mike and Rich in the Charger. So that makes three in the Charger and three in the Trans Am (Morgan, Jason and Mike Alsop on the days when he can make it). Getting any three people into a Trans Am would be something to see on camera! ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Troy on May 10, 2007, 07:41:06 AM
And Peter from XV is also riding with Mike and Rich in the Charger. So that makes three in the Charger and three in the Trans Am (Morgan, Jason and Mike Alsop on the days when he can make it). Getting any three people into a Trans Am would be something to see on camera! ;)

Troy

3 in a TA = Morgan gets the back seat.    4th gen seating is no better than my 3rd gen.   Jason wouldn't fit back there.   

If it was 2 guys and a chick in the Charger....  everybody knows she sits on the console  ;D   well except for the dad part  :P     
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

NYCMille

Hey Guys -

I am running around like a nut right now getting stuff ready, packing and so fourth, so this will be my final post until I get home from Bullrun. I have a bunch of numbers, Jackie's, Shelby's and I'll be sending out pics. We've also set up a blog here: "http://www.bullrun2007.com/" - that will contain daily updates on the run. I am on of the 3 people posting daily so that will be your most up to date source for what is happening on the run. As I said earlier, I have the oldest car by 30+ years and plan to show these guys it may be old but it still goes like hell - we'll be taking loads of pics as well as video so stay tuned...

Ladies and Gentleman I will be going on this rally holding the DODGE-CHARGER.COM banner high!!!!

Speak to everyone soon - Mike

ps. If I can get in a post here and there I absolutely will....

Cheers and thanks to everyone for everything!!!

Mike :yesnod: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_cool: ;D ;)

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

dodgecharger-fan

bakerhillpins

Will be watching the blog. Hope that I can catch up to you guys at a check point in the New England area even if its just to observe the rally.

Best of luck. Can't wait to read the reports and live the moment through you guys.

:icon_smile_tongue:

Bryan
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

aifilaw

Quote from: NYCMille on May 10, 2007, 08:07:32 AM
Hey Guys -

I am running around like a nut right now getting stuff ready, packing and so fourth, so this will be my final post until I get home from Bullrun. I have a bunch of numbers, Jackie's, Shelby's and I'll be sending out pics. We've also set up a blog here: "http://www.bullrun2007.com/" - that will contain daily updates on the run. I am on of the 3 people posting daily so that will be your most up to date source for what is happening on the run. As I said earlier, I have the oldest car by 30+ years and plan to show these guys it may be old but it still goes like hell - we'll be taking loads of pics as well as video so stay tuned...

Ladies and Gentleman I will be going on this rally holding the DODGE-CHARGER.COM banner high!!!!

Speak to everyone soon - Mike

ps. If I can get in a post here and there I absolutely will....

Cheers and thanks to everyone for everything!!!

Mike :yesnod: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_cool: ;D ;)

If you are making any serious changes in altitude (2,000 ft) and wish to perform, and have 10 minutes to do the jet swap, I suggest bringing a a range of holley jets every 2 sizes from your current size about 3 sizes in the lean and rich directions. It's a quick easy swap and can mean a lot so you don't have a recap of the spiketv problem.

Skued

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

HITMAN 149

Quote from: bull on May 10, 2007, 12:49:02 AM
Ah hell! :icon_smile_angry: That really sux! :flame: You know, I have been on the fence between Holley and Edelbrock for a long time and I can honestly say now that Holley just wrecked my favorite TV show so that decision has now been made. :yesnod:

After the boobs in the Oldsmobuick refused to let you run again I was hoping to see them plow into a concrete barrier. Oh well. It was every man/woman for himself/herself I guess but IMO they really had no reason to hold a grudge. Had they let you run the course again they would have been sent packing instead of you but I don't know if they are smart enough to see realize that. But I think refusing to let you run again is where their dumb luck played a big role. They said no because they were holding a grudge, not because they were afraid of losing and everyone but them seems to know they would have gotten spanked.

Anyway, Mike and Jim, you ran a helluva race and represented well. I'm proud of you guys and Mr. Angry too.

HAAAAAA...... funny cause i had a holley 650 (if i remember correctly???) that kept flooding out & stalling the car....so instead of rebuilding it (which i was told it wasn't worth it for the money i'd spend rebuilding it...and also it really wasn't the right carb that should be on a 440) sooooo i picked up a brand spankin new edelbrock 750 w/ an electric choke!!!! and it should work well..since i have an edy intake!!!!
guess we allll wish mike would have done that before episode 9  :'(!!!!!!! damn you holley carb!!!!!!! :flame:
:devil:
GO TEAM CHARGER!!!!!!!!!!
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

TripleBlackGator

Mike,

Pick up a Holley Fuel Injection throttle body if you didn't already. Say goodbye to BOG!
   Good luck!
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Brock Samson

or if ya' wanna BOG slap on a thermobog!  :icon_smile_big:

Whaaaaaa,.....  WHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

68chrgrwife

I seriously wanted to cry when I watched the episode.  I could not believe that there was no way that the other two "nice" teams couldn't help you guys win...they say that they wanted you and them in the final three, but then T/A couldn't pull over and hand you the time bonu after you turned around and caught up?  What's up with that?  I could not believe that you were only 3 min. behind the a$$hole$.  I wish they got lost a little more and that they ran out of gas a lot sooner. 

my oldest is routing for team T/A, so I guess she wins....but in my heart I know that you guys would have won and taken it all home if it weren't for the damn carb.

Man I just asked hubby what carb we have...it is an eddie, so I guess we'll be ok.

Good luck in the real bullrun Mike.  I know you'll do great (you did get a eddie carb, right?)

heartbroken......(where's that smilie?)

MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Brock Samson

yeah but Dad is not such a nice guy, is he?..  :-\
even The Big Guy said "Team TA as usual went for the juggular"..
and did ya' hear him raggin on his daughter,.. I thought her expression at that point said a lot,.. bet she isn't too pleased with dad anymore...
all that father/daughter bonding stuff aside,...
no they didn't need the bonus.. or to screw team charger..

MoparManJim

Mike, I just want to say "good luck man and have a safe trip in the race". Race that charger like it was meant to be! Get that thing like its name is get it Angry! LOL 

Jim

gj69charger

Is this the start of the Mr. Angry tour? Hope to see you there.

Chrysler Classic Events