News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

There's always a couple of bad apples  :P   Glad they're gone!  :icon_smile_big:

bordin34

Did any random person ever attempt to race you Mike?
I think his problem comes back and that causes the helmet throw.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Steve P.

Yeah, by watching the newest ad. it looks like Mr. Angry is a bit pissed at Mike and Jim.. No problem though. They will come in before the Foldsmobile even runs out of gas..

No way does Spike give up the answer everyone is looking for before the show.. NO WAY!!!
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

bordin34

B.T.W.-Does Shelby have any pictures of her Super Coupe. I really like the look and paint scheme of them?

Mahwah,NJ

aifilaw

'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: bordin34 on May 05, 2007, 09:59:21 PM
B.T.W.-Does Shelby have any pictures of her Super Coupe. I really like the look and paint scheme of them?
Yes, we have tons. I'm gonna make her register and start her own thread. But here's 1. Sorry for the hi-jack.

dkn1997

I wonder if the "report" of the olds guys going 100 was made by one of the other teams from a payphone, similar to the "Flashing Priest" gag that burt and dom played on sammy and dean in cannonball run to slow them down....

and not for anything, but they never showed the olds guys deny it once during that traffic stop...edited out?  and if they really went 100mph, how did they not get penalized?  I thought there was a chase van with each car the entire leg.
RECHRGED

pettyfan43

The Super Coupe is great, I love those things.

Very cool little car! 

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: pettyfan43 on May 05, 2007, 10:24:56 PM
The Super Coupe is great, I love those things.

Very cool little car! 
Thank you, Shelby loves it. But it was her god-father's 1st car. Sadly he passed away and left her the car. One day it will be as nice as the Chally. We had it out on the dirt track behind the garage last week. It looked like Bo and Luke. Yee Haw!

bordin34

Hopefully the final hijack. Can you get a thread up asap? I really want to see more pics of it and the dirt track if possible.

Mahwah,NJ

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: bordin34 on May 05, 2007, 10:38:37 PM
Hopefully the final hijack. Can you get a thread up asap? I really want to see more pics of it and the dirt track if possible.
Hopefully, tomorrow night. I'm heading to bed. Car show in the morning.

Brock Samson

Hope the show was good to you Jackie,..  :yesnod:
I have a request too,.. I'd like to see a decent sized pic of your sig pic...
when ya' get around to it of course...

Thanks, Dave!

Rack

Quote from: dkn1997 on May 05, 2007, 10:07:40 PM
I wonder if the "report" of the olds guys going 100 was made by one of the other teams from a payphone, similar to the "Flashing Priest" gag that burt and dom played on sammy and dean in cannonball run to slow them down....

and not for anything, but they never showed the olds guys deny it once during that traffic stop...edited out?  and if they really went 100mph, how did they not get penalized?  I thought there was a chase van with each car the entire leg.

I'm almost 100% positive that if another team member had phoned that in that Spike would of put it in the show. It would of been too good NOT to put on the show. Remember, cameras are following them around everywhere they go so they wouldn't of been able to make a phone call w/o Spike knowing about it.`

bordin34

Unless they borrowed a cell phone and snuck into the bathroom.

Mahwah,NJ

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 06, 2007, 08:53:54 AM
Hope the show was good to you Jackie,..  :yesnod:
I have a request too,.. I'd like to see a decent sized pic of your sig pic...
when ya' get around to it of course...

Thanks, Dave!
The show was great. I little chilly, but a lot of nice Mopars. And I forgot the camera, sorry. :slap:  Here's the pic you wanted to see.

NYCMille

Hey Guys -

Just thought I would shed some light on the whole "show experience" as well as maybe clearing some things up as I have recently been getting a lot of phone calls and emails both complimentary and hateful. Most everyone on this list is a car person in one way shape or form. We all love the Chargers we own and or the cars we are looking for wheather it be a Charger or some other ride. One reason Jim and I did this show is that most of these rallies are simply too expensive for me to ever participate in. Ex: the actual Bullrun Rally has an entrance fee of $17.5k, the Gumball3000 something like $40k and all others fall somewhere inbetween so when we were giving the change to participate we jumped at it.

As a whole "Bullrun" was one of the best experiences I've ever had. It was also one of the most difficult and most frustrating at times. Going into this Jim and I had no idea what to expect. I knew about the Bullrun in the past because I follow all the rallies as it is a hobby of mine, but I didn't know how the show would compare to the actual event. One thing that I found was one of the most interesting aspects of the show was who they cast. In my opinion they did a brilliant job. Seriously, take a minute and look at all the teams. We had people from all walks of life, from all financial and racial backgrounds as well as people from all over the country.

Everyone on the cast was a good person and I think we we're all there for different reasons. Some wanted to just win the money, others just wanted to take a vacation and some others like myself and Jim just wanted to participate in a real life "Cannonball Run". The difference for us now was that instead of being 14 years old and watching Burt and Dom on the big screen driving an ambulance, it was now going to be Mike and Jim driving a 68' Charger... for the both of us it was really a dream come true.

Everyone on the cast had some issues with one another at some point on the show which was fine as it was (when all was said and done) a competition. HOWEVER, when we left that show back in November everyone parted as friends. As of today the entire cast still keeps in contact. 2 weeks ago I was fortunate enough to see Morgan/Mike from Team Trans Am, Phillip/Rich from Team Mustang, Jason/Jake from Team F150 and JR from Team BMW and it was simply great. As for Andre and Rich from Team Olds., both of these guys are truly great guys (I know some people don't want to hear that) but they are. I speak with Andre probably once every 2 weeks or and go back and forth with Rich via email. Again, no one harnesses any heart feelings towards anyone. Now, did we clash on the show, yes we did, but that was on the show - back in "reality" Mike / Jim / Andre / Rich and all the cast members still get up everyday, get coffee and go to work just like eveyone else, I think probably more so now because all had to pay to fix our cars.

Now, what this whole experience has led up to is this coming Thurs. May, 10th. That is date that I get to participate in the real Bullrun Rally. Now THAT is a dream come true. This past month was spent prepping the car for another 4000 mile experience. Only this time the only thing on the line is bragging rights. Out of the 100 cars on this years rally the Charger will be the oldest ride by 30+ years and honestly, I think that's pretty cool. We'll be running against Lamborghini's / Ferrari's / Porsche's and all other manner of high end auto. One thing I am really looking forward too is meeting the people and finding out what they thought about the show, both good and bad.

The only downside to this WHOLE thing is Big Jim can't come with me on this run - that in and of itself KILLS me because he should be in there for this (actually he will be, but only at the end when we hit Florida). When I head to Montreal on Thurs. Rich from Team Mustang will be in the passenger seat as will my good buddy Peter Bergman from XV Motorsports.

Sinister68 - No radio's allowed. Any music would have to have been licensed from the artist and that would've been to expensive.

bordin34 - We had a couple of people on the road play with us a little, but fact of the matter was, we're were always being watched so we couldn't race anyone even if we wanted to.

71ChallengeHer - OH SNAP! I didn't know Shelby had a SuperCoupe - I love those things... REALLY cool ride kiddo'!

dkn1997 - Kev, no idea where the chase van was when the supposed 100mph run took place.

(Damn this is a long post...) anway, tomorrow's show is supposedly the best of the season so be prepared.

Cheers - Mike

pettyfan43

Hey Mike, Good LUCK next week!

I wanna hear how Mr Angry kicked serious, expen$ive ass from Canada to Key West!

Steve P.

So you will be stopping in the Tampa Bay area??  I would love to check in with you and meet the legend.  ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

autodynamics

mikepmcs

Mike
Good luck on the 10th! :cheers:
You guys coming through Maine?
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

resq302

Mike,

Sounds like a HUGE congrats are in order since you will be running in the actual Bull Run.  From what I can recall was said on the show that invitation only went to one person  (and I will leave it at that since I don't know if you signed any confidentiality papers or what )  If I am right in my thinking, I can't wait to see the rest of the episodes on Spike.  Either way, way to go to show what a REAL CHARGER (not the wanna be 4 door version) can do.

Go Team Charger!!!!! :METAL: :punkrocka: :cheers: :patriot: :drive: :notworthy:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

pettyfan43

Quote from: resq302 on May 07, 2007, 09:43:31 AM
Mike,

Sounds like a HUGE congrats are in order since you will be running in the actual Bull Run.  From what I can recall was said on the show that invitation only went to one person  (and I will leave it at that since I don't know if you signed any confidentiality papers or what )  If I am right in my thinking, I can't wait to see the rest of the episodes on Spike.  Either way, way to go to show what a REAL CHARGER (not the wanna be 4 door version) can do.

Go Team Charger!!!!! :METAL: :punkrocka: :cheers: :patriot: :drive: :notworthy:

Just so ya know there are a couple of other cars from the TV show in this one as well. INCLUDING the Lotus.

resq302

Oh, I was not aware of that.  Just from the way I have been adding things up that have been said on the board here and seeing who is left on the show, I was hoping that it would come out the way I was thinking.

Either way, a big thanks to Mike for the entertainment and enjoyment him and Jim provided for us on the show and the best of luck on Thrus.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

451-74Charger

So when do you think you'll be headding through Cincinnati (I-71/75)
I wanto get some pics as you fly by....
I know the route is a secret !!