News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettyfan43

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 04, 2007, 08:56:32 AM
:scratchchin: what's this crap from demented all about..
i don't git it..  ???

Brock, You know better than to feed trolls!

He's just a pathetic little boy with a chip on his shoulder.

Steve P.

I guess he never tossed a ball back and fourth with a buddy. Or played kick the can.. He just doesn't get it that we are all here in favor of Team Charger and we are all kicking our thoughts around.. 
  I guess after 50 plus pages it may still be kind of hard to grasp...    :shruggy:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Brock Samson

according to his local time info he's two hours behind the west coast,.. so where, who's that?..  :scratchchin:
talk about hiding behind a key board...  :icon_smile_wink:

Bluestar

I'm sure that some of you have seen the You Tube Bullrun Casting Videos which include all the teams on the show, but a whole bunch of other teams they looked at.  You can sorta see why the Olds guys were picked from their video.  I've wondered about the casting since the show started.  Not questioning their uiltimate selections, but I was wondering why the two obvious American cars did not make the cut.  A C6 Vette or a Viper.

Do a search for Bullrun Casting on YouTube and you'll find them all.

BigJim

The driver for team Olds is Andre.  Through the whole experience, he was an alright guy.  If he had a problem with someone, he would take them on the side and speak to them.  Rich was a little more of a hot head.  Wanting to act more like a meat head.  So when Andre made comments, I was a little caught off guard.  Rich was usually the one with the mouth. 

There was more drama off camera with Mike and I because rules kept changing or being amended so we went crazy a few times and yes, people were scared to approach us unless in a small group.

And for the record, I grabbed the flag girls every chance I got.  They edited it all out which has kept me out of the doghouse with my wife.  Weewoooo
Big Jim

jwilk01

Hey guys it looked like at one point in this last episode you passed a Challenger or something when they showed you talking to team F150?  You guys are putting up a great fight and can't wait for you guys to win the money!!!

Later
Josh

NYCMille

What Jim said is very true... also, I think they played a little more to the camera's then we did, which is fine.

As for passing the Challenger, it's entirely possible. Throughout the whole time when we we're in Montana and Idaho and the northwest we would constantly see old Mopars on the side of homes and such and let me tell you, there are A LOT of them still out there.
:yesnod:

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

red72chrgr

Ok, here's a possible scenario for the helmet throw. I just saw a scene for next weeks show, the Chargers' carb loads up again(shame on you Mr. Angry  :flame:) and I saw people around the front looking at the engine. Then.....I see Mike throw the helmet and say " Dammit!".  Well at least that's my take on things. Oh BTW, this is b4 a challenge it looks like.
Nothing personal, just business

Old Moparz

What is the difference between cinder block and cement block?

Cinder blocks haven't been mass produced in about 50 years. These blocks are made, of course, from cement, water and aggregates. When coal was commonly used for fuel there were a lot of cinders available and cinders were used as one of the aggregates in making the blocks. So, strictly speaking, a cinder block is a building block made of cement, water and aggregates that include cinders. A concrete block, what we have seen since the 50's, does not contain cinders. Other widely used terms for these blocks are concrete masonry units, CMUs, grey blocks, building blocks and architectural units.

Cinder block is a commonly used term and you're not going to explain things any better by correcting the terminology.   :D

This message has been brought to you by www.Block-Heads.com Now back to our regular programming.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

ck1

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 04, 2007, 04:02:24 PM
What is the difference between cinder block and cement block?

Cinder blocks haven't been mass produced in about 50 years. These blocks are made, of course, from cement, water and aggregates. When coal was commonly used for fuel there were a lot of cinders available and cinders were used as one of the aggregates in making the blocks. So, strictly speaking, a cinder block is a building block made of cement, water and aggregates that include cinders. A concrete block, what we have seen since the 50's, does not contain cinders. Other widely used terms for these blocks are concrete masonry units, CMUs, grey blocks, building blocks and architectural units.

Cinder block is a commonly used term and you're not going to explain things any better by correcting the terminology.   :D

This message has been brought to you by www.Block-Heads.com Now back to our regular programming.
OK,  what ever a cinder blocks is, I believe you, but what was that wall really made of? it didn't look like plain bricks? they looked like the kind with two hallow chambers in them....................they just looked fakey to me, like what hollywood would use an a car chase scene with a car going through a brick wall and I'm sure they really damaged there truck.........I can't believe with liability reasons they would use a real brick wall.......there have I  :horse: enough?
CJK

Doright

Wish I could see the show who's winning at this point?
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Doright on May 04, 2007, 04:17:08 PM
Wish I could see the show who's winning at this point?

Can you see it on the website?
http://www.spiketv.com/index.html?dl=shows/ss/sid=3/t=ss

click on full episodes and you can see all that have aired so far.

I had to watch Episode 8 from the website because the squirrels have chewed through the cable so badly that, at time, signal on certain channels is bad enough to make video and audio choppy to the point that it's unwatchable.
I've got Episodes 1 through 7 recorded on my PVR... now I'm missing number 8 and it's driving me nuts....

I'll definitely buy the Season when it comes out on DVD...

Steve P.

I think Mike was finally showing the world why he is known as MR. ANGRY. In the end I am sure we will all see that Mike and Jim are now to be known as MR. HAPPY and MR. ECSTATIC...   :icon_smile_big:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Ghoste

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on May 04, 2007, 04:49:28 PMI'll definitely buy the Season when it comes out on DVD...

Oh for sure!  Goldberg the Mopar fan needs to offer us a special group buy here.

Does he still own a Charger?

pettyfan43

Quote from: Ghoste on May 04, 2007, 05:43:59 PM
Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on May 04, 2007, 04:49:28 PMI'll definitely buy the Season when it comes out on DVD...

Oh for sure!  Goldberg the Mopar fan needs to offer us a special group buy here.

Does he still own a Charger?

As far as I have seen he has the 69 Hemi 4 speed car, The black 6 barrel Cuda, Red Hemi 4 speed 67 GTX And the black Hemi Challenger ragtop. plus the Hemi Dart and last I heard, his driver is a custom Ram 4X4.

Charger_Fan

That's what I'm waiting for too, I hope they release it QUICK!!

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Steve P.

I just saw a commercial for BULLRUN that shows Team Foldsmobile running out of gas and pushing the car across the line..

Maybe they were given gas and that is what Mike is throwing his helmet over.....   :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

pettyfan43

There is a preview of Tuesday's show at Spike TV.com. Apparently Mr Angry gets another case of the Vapors. Right after that is shows the infamous helmet spike.

I'm thinking the car was vapor locking on Mike, and it does it again in this week's challenge.

Oh yeah, My prediction is that the mario brothers go to the house this week!

Steve P.

Quote from: pettyfan43 on May 05, 2007, 02:32:10 PM

Oh yeah, My prediction is that the mario brothers go to the house this week!

:iagree:   There is nobody more deserving...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

mikepmcs

No reason for this stuff at all.  We all are enjoying the show and are genuinely happy that one of our own is on every Tuesday night to provide a little entertainment.

We joined this forum for a reason and I'm hoping it wasn't just to create hate and discontent(i don't believe so) :cheers:.  That would be the one reason I don't belong to the other forum(those guys/gals are brutal)

I don't think most of us look at Mike and Jim as some untouchable gods that we are all dying to be like but I will say this...It's very refreshing to see a reality show that I can actually connect with and feel like I have a common interest in said show.  It is really cool to see that car go every week and be part of something that I will never have the chance to do.  Yes, i am living a little through him vicariously because I will never have a chance to do something so spectacular. It's a joy(lack of a better word) to be able to converse with Mike and find out what is going on with his ride, just like I like to hear what is going on with everyone else's ride.  I don't think he is above anyone or anything and Mike seems very grounded and an overall normal fellow who received an opportunity and took the once(or twice in this case) in a lifetime chance. 

I don't believe the "Stardom" is getting to him at all.  He takes the time every week to break down the show and give us some more insight to what really happened and I appreciate that as well.  Certain things are not allowed to be told, but he does the best he can.

I bet if anyone met Mike and talked to him, we would be having a couple beers in no time and any negative opinions would change(not to single anyone out here).  He just seems like a regular guy to me.  I'd like to meet him...Jim and everyone else on this site at some point just to put names to faces and drink some beers and tell some stories.

All in all, we are just one big family here(as I really don't have one)  and consider everyone here equal.  We all have different talents and are better than others at some things.(for someone here it appears to be grammar)

Anyway, I would really like to see this thread go to the end and beyond.  I might just learn something.   :cheers: :cheers:

v/r
Mike

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Sinister68

Thanks, Troy!  Life's too short to waste on pathetic individuals like that.  :rotz:   :rotz:

Anyway, back on topic.  Mike and Jim, were you guys allowed to play the radio while you were driving or was that not allowed because the in-car camera's were always rolling?
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

pettyfan43

OOPPS Sorry!

By the time I got done with my reply, it had all been dropped. Which is a good thing!

Steve P.

Damn, I think Troy put him in the corner...

I gotta go check the web site.. This is making me a bit nutz....   :D    OOOOOpps, I think I spelled that wrond..  :icon_smile_big:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

71ChallengeHer

Sorry, Shelby was being bad, too. :girlfight: I put her in timeout.