News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonfromIKILLYA

"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

General_01

Good job Mike and Jim. To be honest, I was questioning the logic of your match ups during the show, but I also know that we don't see everything that happens behind the scene. I figured you had reasons and you did. I am also hoping for a Team Charger vs. Team T/A face-off for the money. I would have been happy with anyone else going home.

P.S.-Paying back the F-150 showed what you guys are made of. Even though they are a big threat on long runs, you kept your word. Stand up guys in my book. :2thumbs: Good luck on your next Bullrun.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

resq302

Mike and Jim,

I was able to watch last nights episode from my police job inside.  From what I saw, one hell of a good run.  I did miss the first 20 mins of it though due to being busy at work.  I, too, am nervous about what the helmet spike was about but like everyone else has said, it is probably just the editors fluffing up the drama.  Also, great idea about the plastic gas cans.  Hell, I would never have thought of that.

Good luck and hope you have the same continued success that you have been on the show.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

pettyfan43

Quote from: resq302 on May 02, 2007, 09:25:27 PM
Mike and Jim,

I was able to watch last nights episode from my police job inside.  From what I saw, one hell of a good run.  I did miss the first 20 mins of it though due to being busy at work.  I, too, am nervous about what the helmet spike was about but like everyone else has said, it is probably just the editors fluffing up the drama.  Also, great idea about the plastic gas cans.  Hell, I would never have thought of that.

Good luck and hope you have the same continued success that you have been on the show.

Bet ya would if you were getting the kind of mileage Mike was getting at that time!   :yesnod:

PocketThunder

Hey Mike,

Did BigJim ever drive the Charger or did you drive the whole time?  I dont remember seeing the "Floridian Fruitcake*" in the drivers seat on any of the shows so far.. :icon_smile_big:

:METAL:Go Team Charger :punkrocka:

* :coolgleamA:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bull

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on May 01, 2007, 10:14:36 AM
i just picked up a brand new repop 69'-70' "FUEL" cap for my 68...as i think they look soooo much nicer & cooler than the plain jane 68!!! :yesnod:

How DARE you!

bull

Quote from: BB1 on May 02, 2007, 07:44:15 AM
I would have done the same thing. T/A would have won and the Lotus would too. T/A vs Lotus would have dropped the Brady bunch, but they are not jerks so why screw them.

The stupid poison arrow thing was their death nail, they where only thinking about the challenge and not how they had to make up 25 min for the next leg.

Team Lotus didn't have to make up the time deficit. When you win a challenge you swap places with the losers, therefore Team Olds had to make up the 25-min deficit created by the Pee-Wee's Playhouse cast members, not Team Lotus.

NYCMille

Hey Guys -

The Olds guys took it WAY to personally about being put in the challenge. Fact of the matter was, they're were 4 teams left and 4 had to go into the challenge... that's all there was too it.

Dave22443 - How fast did you get the Charger up to?
- faster than the Lotus.  ;D

chargerboy69 - Question for Mike is, have you already been to Indiana? I remember in another post you mentioned you were coming to Indiana to have Mr Angry worked on. I own the twin to your car.
- we were there last weekend for a brief time.. honestly, Indiana is a REALLY beautiful state. Everything is green and the people we had the opportunity to meet we're some of the nicest folks I've meet anywhere. AND post a pic man!

jasonfromIKILLYA -  ;Dyeah, I was wearing a hat.  ;D
- That totally cracked me up... Jason, dude we have to meet up soon, I'm in NYC daily.

General_01 - Brian and Danny in the Lotus should have cleaned house on the Olds... at least that's what we were hoping. Honestly Brian can drive the nuts off that Lotus and honestly, if it came to the Charger or Lotus in the end... um... well... lets not talk about what I think may have happened.

PocketThunder - Did BigJim ever drive the Charger or did you drive the whole time?
- actually no and not for any other reason than it really never came up... I always felt pretty good and Jim is awesome with a map as well as with strategy so we just kind of rolled that way.

All in all though, we had one hell of a time. :METAL:

Brock Samson

just a word here for the '70chargerboy,..

quite the typical drunken adolescent behavior hater and i don't appreciate you jockin my tip.

besides that I'm LOVIN the show..

70charger_boy

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 03, 2007, 08:29:10 AM
just a word here for the '70chargerboy,..

quite the typical drunken adolescent behavior hater and i don't appreciate you jockin my tip.

besides that I'm LOVIN the show..

jockin my tip??? care to elaborate, moses?

TUFCAT

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing:  RUh ROh... :icon_smile_dissapprove: PLEASE don't elaborate Brock... :icon_smile_angry:  I know its hard not to react :boxing_smiley:
- -  he wants to get us fired up - -  :flame:  so all hell breaks loose,  :no: and our awesome thread will get locked!!

We're above that!  :moon: 

70charger_boy

Ok, i made that comment about team charger for one reason and one reason only.  I took the time to read all 51 pages of this thread and all you guys do is trash talk about every time on bullrun and say some real mean things about people without even knowing them.  Take the time to read what Mike says about all the editing that Spike did to make "good TV".  You guys go out of your way calling every other time on that show idiots.  Team Honda, bmw, olds, chevy, scion, lotus, ford, lambo are all a bunch of idiots according to you guys and MIKLE it is EASY to be an asshole behind a keyboard!!!  Talking trash about people you do not know is absolutely ridiculous.  And yes Mike I don't know you and I don't know what you are like.  Personally, I don't care.  I love watching the show.  I never get tired of watching Mr. Angry, but remember that the other people on the show are people too.  They had to have some kind of "IT" to get on.  I'm not jealous, nor am I talking out of my ass.  I'm not a freaking adolescent!!  I'm sick and tired of everyone bashinmg on people and furthermore I hate having to be a bad guy to prove a point on this site.  What if one of those other team members are mopar guys and want to join this site??  I'm sure they would be offended if you kept making fun of them.  Don't even think for one moment that I am saying I am holier than thou.  I'm not and I've called some of them douchebags too.  That doesn't make it right.  I hope you guys take the time to read this stupid ass reply because its 5 minutes of my life Im never going to get back!!!

P.S.  Love you Mike love the Show!!!!!!!

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Khyron on May 02, 2007, 04:36:20 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 01, 2007, 11:32:13 PM

Shes actually really nice. Ive been talking to her alot on myspace and shes very friendly.

because your not a cop..... people speak their mind in stressed situations.... I believe this to be the real her.

good point,  the way she talks about the cops right after they walk away, saying FU or something, but all nice to their faces,  she is a little princess sort of, oh well, I know, I know, she is really pretty, no offense  :icon_smile_big:

Mike, I was trying to understand your strategy for putting the Olds agains the Lotus,   I figured whoever you put against the Lotus, you were basically choosing who would be kicked off the show, I mean, who is the biggest threat to you of everyone,  I would have picked TA or Ford, I don't know.
amazingly the Olds guys stay on the show and Lotus leaves, ha, couldn't believe it turned out like that. 

Good job Mike and Jim on winning the first leg and then staying in the runners AGAIN,  :2thumbs:   

that was funny when the olds guy tells the cops, uhh, there was some other car, and the cop says, with an 11 on the door?  oh ya, heh
then he doesn't have his license, the car isn't in his name, its out of state, crap, that cop was cool to just let him go, they were lucky

and he tries telling them he should give them a break because he is in a hurry because he is trying to win a rally race and might get kicked out if the cop holds him up any, haha, isn't he basically telling the cop that, ya, he has been hauling ass all over the place and that the cop is wasting his time and he needs to burn out of there and get on it to win the race?  heh, I figured that was about dumb to say, but still the cop lets em go, they are lucky I guess, well, they were honest,  the honest approach is usually a good way to go, even if it sounds sort of dumb what you are saying, it is honest, which gives respect to the officer in my opinion

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

BigJim

That half man comment was just trying to piss me off.  So was the toast.  The Olds boys had a chip on their shoulders from day one.  And that's cool.  The point is to win $200,000  not make friends with people you are more than likely not ever going to see again.  But the stuff SPIKE shows is an accurate portrayal, for the most part, of how everyone really was.  Take from it what you will.

And for the record, I told the Mexicans they were slowing us down and Ralph told us just to run and not worry about it.  They lasted longer than they ever thought they would.  No backstabbing there.  And don't piss Mike off.  You won't ever want to meet him face to face after that.  And he can be such a cool guy to talk with.
Big Jim

PocketThunder

Quote from: BigJim on May 03, 2007, 11:43:00 AM
That half man comment was just trying to piss me off.  So was the toast.  The Olds boys had a chip on their shoulders from day one.  And that's cool.  The point is to win $200,000  not make friends with people you are more than likely not ever going to see again.  But the stuff SPIKE shows is an accurate portrayal, for the most part, of how everyone really was.  Take from it what you will.

And for the record, I told the Mexicans they were slowing us down and Ralph told us just to run and not worry about it.  They lasted longer than they ever thought they would.  No backstabbing there.  And don't piss Mike off.  You won't ever want to meet him face to face after that.  And he can be such a cool guy to talk with.

BigJim you havent been kissing the flag girls at the finish.. .whats up with that?  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bull

So you're trying to turn your bad behavior back onto us now? Nice attempt at a flip-flop there, boy. Actually, no, not really. You come on here bashing Mike and Jim and then after Mike talks you down off your drunken rant you come up with this as an explanation? You are going to have to do a lot better than that. Are you bipolar or something because no one is going to understand/buy this phony explanation/apology or whatever it's supposed to be. I can't even categorize it it's so screwed up. The best thing you can do right now is shut your cake hole and take a little break from the site because writing this kind of drivel is only making your hole deeper.

Quote from: 70charger_boy on May 03, 2007, 10:43:51 AM
Ok, i made that comment about team charger for one reason and one reason only.  I took the time to read all 51 pages of this thread and all you guys do is trash talk about every time on bullrun and say some real mean things about people without even knowing them.  Take the time to read what Mike says about all the editing that Spike did to make "good TV".  You guys go out of your way calling every other time on that show idiots.  Team Honda, bmw, olds, chevy, scion, lotus, ford, lambo are all a bunch of idiots according to you guys and MIKLE it is EASY to be an asshole behind a keyboard!!!  Talking trash about people you do not know is absolutely ridiculous.  And yes Mike I don't know you and I don't know what you are like.  Personally, I don't care.  I love watching the show.  I never get tired of watching Mr. Angry, but remember that the other people on the show are people too.  They had to have some kind of "IT" to get on.  I'm not jealous, nor am I talking out of my ass.  I'm not a freaking adolescent!!  I'm sick and tired of everyone bashinmg on people and furthermore I hate having to be a bad guy to prove a point on this site.  What if one of those other team members are mopar guys and want to join this site??  I'm sure they would be offended if you kept making fun of them.  Don't even think for one moment that I am saying I am holier than thou.  I'm not and I've called some of them douchebags too.  That doesn't make it right.  I hope you guys take the time to read this stupid ass reply because its 5 minutes of my life Im never going to get back!!!

TUFCAT

As usual...that was very well put Bull.

Regardless of any prize money, Mike had to do a lot of repairs and maintenance to his car after the show  (not to mention personal time and lost wages) and the risk of driving 4000 miles in his beauiful Charger (while beating it) all over God's creation - - for our enjoyment!!   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:  To me, that takes some big balls ...unlike that ball-less wonder who posted the criticism. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

bull

Don't feed him? Can I punch him in the mouth, or is that the same thing as feeding him?

Quote from: defiance on May 03, 2007, 01:08:21 PM

ck1

Quote from: bull on May 03, 2007, 12:50:46 PM
So you're trying to turn your bad behavior back onto us now? Nice attempt at a flip-flop there, boy. Actually, no, not really. You come on here bashing Mike and Jim and then after Mike talks you down off your drunken rant you come up with this as an explanation? You are going to have to do a lot better than that. Are you bipolar or something because no one is going to understand/buy this phony explanation/apology or whatever it's supposed to be. I can't even categorize it it's so screwed up. The best thing you can do right now is shut your cake hole and take a little break from the site because writing this kind of drivel is only making your hole deeper.

It's PIE HOLE bull not cake hole ;D

Quote from: 70charger_boy on May 03, 2007, 10:43:51 AM

CJK

bull

I know but I heard someone say 'cake hole' last night and I thought I'd try it out.

ck1

OK I finally have a serous question....kinda.........I don't know if anyone asked this cause I'm to lazy to go back and read all the post but were any animals hurt on the show? like did anybody hit anything?  I have only been able to see two episode for its on to late for me, but I remember driving through some of those states you we in and the semi's had monster grill on them and they wouldn't brake for deer or nothing cause there was so many of them, had to be scary driving some of those roads at night worrying about hitting a animal and ruining your charger.....or was there any close calls?
CJK

68chrgrwife

Quote from: ck1 on May 03, 2007, 02:16:02 PM
OK I finally have a serous question....kinda.........I don't know if anyone asked this cause I'm to lazy to go back and read all the post but were any animals hurt on the show? like did anybody hit anything?  I have only been able to see two episode for its on to late for me, but I remember driving through some of those states you we in and the semi's had monster grill on them and they wouldn't brake for deer or nothing cause there was so many of them, had to be scary driving some of those roads at night worrying about hitting a animal and ruining your charger.....or was there any close calls?

Yeah they hit a racoon and a bunny or something like that.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

TUFCAT

I can answer that - -  No bunny's were hurt in the filming (that we know of) but one racoon did get killed by the Lambo... that was it (from what they showed us) oh, yeah a brick wall also got killed.... by two idiots in a Ford truck who thought they were tougher.

68chrgrwife

Quote from: TUFCAT on May 03, 2007, 02:22:28 PM
I can answer that - -  One racoon got killed by the Lambo... that was it (from what the yshowed us)

the T/a hit a bunny or something too...a few episodes later...i can go back and look if you really need me to I have them all taped (love my dvr) so that my girls can watch them over and over again....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!