News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Tone down the language and the name calling and you won't have to worry about getting in before the lock.  Which isn't really a point of pride if you cause the lock in the first place.

Still waving the flag for Team Charger!!!

dm69charger

Mike,

What happened at the beginning of the episode with the Charger not starting?  It could not have been the loose collector.  That would not prevent it from starting.  I think you got some bad gas or somebody messed with the Charger.  I had that happen once, but once it got started it was O.K. and has not done it since.  I sure hope that is not why you throw the helmet next week is because of mechanical issues with the Charger.

Great Job with last nights episode by the way.  Way to recover 7 minutes to be first on the first leg.  WOW

-Don
(2) 1969 Chargers

BB1

I would have done the same thing. T/A would have won and the Lotus would too. T/A vs Lotus would have dropped the Brady bunch, but they are not jerks so why screw them.

The stupid poison arrow thing was their death nail, they where only thinking about the challenge and not how they had to make up 25 min for the next leg.
Delete my profile

01MOPAR

first off I Love the show ,really keeps you glued to the tv.  But I don't see how you guys on bull run don't get mad and kick someones ass. Mike What would happen if a fist fight broke out with a rival ? 

pettyfan43

Quote from: 70charger_boy on May 02, 2007, 05:09:12 AM
MIKE- WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING??????????????

Are you loco en the cabeza???  You just handed the bullrun win to team F150!!  If you had a brain you would've used the rivalry between team lotus and f150, INSTEAD you BACKSTABBED team olds!!!  What the fuck is the alliance with F150, all of a sudden? 

Love 'em or hate 'em(team Olds) the best move you could've made would be to keep them in the end, because as drivers, THEY SUCK.....but they are fellow New Yorkers and I bet if you were in a burning building, or better yet, IF YOU NEEDED A CAR PART, they would help you out......"Karma has a way of rearing its ugly head"

Prediction Team Charger out next week.  Good Bye BACKSTABBERS!!!  You screwed the mexicans and now olds!!

in befo da lock

Boy, The olds punks said really early that they wanted Mike and Jim gone. Are we forgetting that? You don't know what happened with those guys behind the scenes. Like the Lotus guys, they come off as arrogant jerks, with what Mike and Jim were saying about them they were not real fond of them either. By the way IT'S A RACE, they are TRYING TO WIN & THAT WAS a quick way to get rid of the Olds guys, now it did backfire some but by sheer luck and probably a bit of bad karma, the toughest car to beat in the challenges is GONE! So it worked out.   

Apparently you don't watch the show very well. The Mexicans screwed themselves, They couldn't read a map and Mike and Jim should not be counted on through the whole race to babysit them.

Your post is rude and uninformed. You come off as a pathetic windbag with a huge streak of jealousy. 

In befo da lock huh? TRYING to get a thread locked to get attention is pathetic.

Sorry but I think we need to call BS on your whole post. Grow up. If Mike and Jim had needed help, there ain't much that the olds team carries for parts that will fit the Charger. As far as help, I would think the best competitor for help would have been Mike Alsop at this point.

But somehow I think Mike and Jim could handle most anything that would happen.

Mike and Jim have been MORE than courteous to all the members here about WHAT he COULD answer about the shows and even letting us in on some behind the scenes stuff when he could.

GO TEAM 01!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYCMille

Ok - from last night:

Charger_boy... I will say this only once. Watch what you type on that keyboard of yours and watch who do direct it at. You know me from this forum and that's it. You know nothing of my past and or who or what I am about so again, choose what you say and who you direct it at VERY carefully, understood.

Also, tell me why I backstabbed the Olds? In what way shape or form did you see us have an allience with the Olds... answer... you never did.
QuoteIF YOU NEEDED A CAR PART, they would help you out
and why do you think that... look back a few episodes... remember when they said they wanted the Charger out?... I guess you forgot that.

dm69charger - What happened at the beginning of the episode with the Charger not starting?
- Honestly, when all was said and done I think that the float in the carb. got stuck. We had let the car warm up ahead of time, then let it sit for awhile and it was pretty hot out. Honestly though, it could have been many things. One was that we we're running WAY too rich and other was that it may have just been a combo of stuff... can't say for sure.

01MOPAR - Mike What would happen if a fist fight broke out with a rival ? 
- Automatic DQ and booted from the show... it just wasn't worth it.

pettyfan43

Quote from: dm69charger on May 02, 2007, 07:34:47 AM
Mike,

What happened at the beginning of the episode with the Charger not starting?  It could not have been the loose collector.  That would not prevent it from starting.  I think you got some bad gas or somebody messed with the Charger.  I had that happen once, but once it got started it was O.K. and has not done it since.  I sure hope that is not why you throw the helmet next week is because of mechanical issues with the Charger.

Great Job with last nights episode by the way.  Way to recover 7 minutes to be first on the first leg.  WOW

-Don

If the collector came off and the car was cold, not having any backpressure will make it reall HARD to start.

4forty

Hey Mike, glad you guys are doing welll but not to sure about strategy of screwing the olds guys, (Like them, they're funny as hell, the cop "is there another car with an #11 on it doing 100+ mph?" next week looks interesting..........

71ChallengeHer

Mike, I just want to say you and Jim handled yourself like the true gentlemen you both are. Shelby and I are cheering you on. Don't worry , we love you guys. ;)

pettyfan43

Hey Mike, I photo shopped a pretty cool BullRun Mr Angry wallpaper together last night (Couldn't sleep) it was done quick and came out kinda cool.

If you want to see it or want a copy PM me or email me direct pettyfan43@ardmore.net

It's too big to post here (499K)

Talk to ya later

SnoPro440

That was a good episode last night.  I do have a question for you Mike, how did the truck come in ahead of you at the last stage?  Didn't you pull out of the gas station right as he was pulling in? 
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

dm69charger

Mike,

I was thinking the same thing, that is was carb related some how.  Float stuck, too rich, etc.  If there was no backpressure etc. from the collector, it would not have started first thing in the morning while you were letting it warm up.  Also, it would have been sweet to hear it with the collector loose.  It would have sounded baaaaaaaad to the bone!!!!!  Kudos to Golberg for helping you diagnose or whatever else he did to help that maybe they could not show.

I do have to say that for a 40 yr. old car and a big block 440 you guys are doing a fantastic job.   Think about it.  The T/A is all stock, so is the Ford and probably the Cutlass.  Don't know for sure because they keep changing their minds on HP.  You and probably Jim helped you build that car to be what it is showing in the rally.  No matter what happens or has already happened you guys are a class act and if you ever find yourselves in the Dallas, Fort Worth area let me know because I would love to buy you a beer or two or three or four.

-Don
(2) 1969 Chargers

Steve P.

This is a LIVE IT and LEARN situation. I personally think Mike and Jim have been doing one hell of a job. I don't remember ANY bad moves on their part. They have been kicking ass and taking numbers all the way.

I said it before and I'll say it again, last nights challenge was a very smart move for them. The toughest car to out handle now is the TA.  It's lower, lighter pulls R's faster and has traction control. The PLUS side of this is that OUR MIKE knows his car better and is a better driver.. 

The truck handles like a hot brick in a vat of butter. No trouble there..

The Folds. team can't win a challenge to save their lives..  No problems there....

So why in the hell does anyone have a problem with last nights turn out?? 

Great job Team Charger..   :2thumbs: :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Bones68charger

Quote from: dm69charger on May 02, 2007, 09:19:43 AM
Mike,

I was thinking the same thing, that is was carb related some how.  Float stuck, too rich, etc.  If there was no backpressure etc. from the collector, it would not have started first thing in the morning while you were letting it warm up.  Also, it would have been sweet to hear it with the collector loose.  It would have sounded baaaaaaaad to the bone!!!!!  Kudos to Golberg for helping you diagnose or whatever else he did to help that maybe they could not show.

I do have to say that for a 40 yr. old car and a big block 440 you guys are doing a fantastic job.   Think about it.  The T/A is all stock, so is the Ford and probably the Cutlass.  Don't know for sure because they keep changing their minds on HP.  You and probably Jim helped you build that car to be what it is showing in the rally.  No matter what happens or has already happened you guys are a class act and if you ever find yourselves in the Dallas, Fort Worth area let me know because I would love to buy you a beer or two or three or four.

-Don

I don't think any of those cars are stock. I thought I heard the Trans Am guy said he had $60,000 grand in it. The Ford guys are mild stock, and the Olds guys have stated it was not stock. I could have heard wrong though.

Steve P.

Ponch, that LOOK is a typical young woman look that says, (I am just a poor innocent girl in need of some help)..   It WILL work on most people, most of the time..  :D

The pic. you posted of her looks like she was trying to get the guy controlling the gas pumps to hurry and take her money so they could get the hell out of there..   Who better to send in for this job?? She's a pretty young blond in a arrest me red TA saying (I'm a welting flower and I need some water badly).. Pump on..

As the father of not one, but TWO very pretty daughters, I know this look VERY well.. And yes, it works almost all of the time..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

volk68

Another awesome show, Mike!  I continue to enjoy this thing every week...Thank God for TIVO  :D

Very cool that you made it to first place on the first leg after your setback...I was starting to get nervous for a minute.  I have to say that the Olds boys reaction was completely rediculous...you are in a race for money.  Everyone HAD to be in the challenge, they just needed to take care of their stuff and stop whining about it.  I have been saying all along that the Olds guys are the biggest jerks in the race and I have wanted them gone from day 1.  They just combine arrogance and idiocy on a level that I despise.  They are giving the rest of you New Yorkers a bad name!

Now, about next week's episode...I must admit that the helmet toss has me very nervous.  That said, I have some observations that are making me think it won't be as bad as it looks:

1.  So far, Spike has shown a failed challenge or what looks to be an ellimination level disaster in nearly every preview of the next week.  In each case, not one of those events has resulted in that team's ellimination.  They showed Lambo getting on the trailer for week 2, they showed the BMW guy throwing his keys on the ground and saying "we're done", etc.  None of those things were as bad as they made them seem, and they were not elliminated in that episode.

2.  The preview said it was the most daring of the challenges so far, and as I look at it, I suspect that means a high potential for damage.  My guess is that helmet toss could be a result of having incurred some body damage to the charger and may not mean a loss of the challenge.  Even if they do lose a challenge, I still stick by my theory in point one.   

Whatever happens Mike, I am just hopefull you school those stupid Olds morons.  You have run a great race so far!

NYCMille

mxzx440 - how did the truck come in ahead of you at the last stage?
- We actually had to stop and change the tapes in the digital decks in the rear of the car so the truck passed us - the time on that type of stop though was adjusted accordingly.

dm69charger - I was thinking the same thing, that is was carb related some how.  Float stuck, too rich, etc
- You are correct... it wasn't the collector, it was indeed the carb. And, I'll definitely take you up on the beer!

Volk - thanks man... you will ALL think next weeks episode is nuts... trust me.

Lee01

Hey Mike, ever receive my PM concerning the next Bullrun in Mtl?? ???
Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

billfury

I love what Mike said after the challenge about all the mopar guys calling him a idiot.Well I'm a mopar guy and I never thought that.You handel that 68 like it's on rails,and make it look so easy.I'm a bouncer on Staten island NY and those Olds jerks are the type of guys I throw out.Good luck TEAM CHARGER take home the win.
Billfury

runningman

Okay, I work Tues nights and haven't been able to see many of the Bullruns........I was tired of reading about it in the thread so I have to thank NYC for making me take the plunge and finally get a DVR......I can't believe what I have been missing.  Charger looks awesome!!!!!

Hemidoug

Quote from: dm69charger on May 02, 2007, 07:34:47 AM
Mike,

-Don

Sounded like it loaded up to me. Typical of a flooded engine, wait a few minutes and  she will start and run like crap until the plugs clean themselves out.

DUDE...you REALLY need to ditch that carb, it's dumping too much fuel!
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

skip68

Just watched it on the computer! Great run Mike and Jim! But I am VERY nervous about the helmet throw in the pre-view! It doesn't look like a celebratory touchdown!!!.... :brickwall:
We're proud no matter how you place! Go Team Charger!!!!:yesnod:
Mrs.Skip68
;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jasonfromIKILLYA

I'd just like to point out to Mr Trigger happy a page back that if you listen closely, it is clear that Mike and Jim picked the matchups for the challenge randomly.  In my opinion, that's the only fair way, and just proves, AGAIN, that Mike and Jim are stand up dudes. 
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Arigmaster

Quote from: NYCMille on May 02, 2007, 08:48:18 AM
Ok - from last night:

Okayyyyy... Only speculating about next weeks show here. Knowing that the producers have not put scenes in their correct order... I have a feeling that Team Olds may have said or done something to really get under Team Chargers skin enough where every bone in their body wanted to settle it "New York Style".

I will venture to guess that Team Olds was fishing for "That type of reaction" to get Team Charger DQ'd from the show....

Instead... Team Charger decided to take the high road and walk away and chose to Throw a helmet rather that a competitors head to the ground...

:D

HAZZARDJOHN

Quote from: Arigmaster on May 02, 2007, 11:44:30 AM
Quote from: NYCMille on May 02, 2007, 08:48:18 AM
Ok - from last night:

Okayyyyy... Only speculating about next weeks show here. Knowing that the producers have not put scenes in their correct order... I have a feeling that Team Olds may have said or done something to really get under Team Chargers skin enough where every bone in their body wanted to settle it "New York Style".

I will venture to guess that Team Olds was fishing for "That type of reaction" to get Team Charger DQ'd from the show....

Instead... Team Charger decided to take the high road and walk away and chose to Throw a helmet rather that a competitord head to the ground...

:D

I concur! Maybe... I am banking on the fact that Spike as well as all shows on TV try to mislead the veiwer so that he has to watch next week and see what happens. I hope this is the case, and it is a smaller problem than it seems and Team Charger continues to Kiack ass! Keep it up Mike and Jim

~HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."