News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 30, 2007, 09:51:20 PM
Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on April 30, 2007, 09:47:00 PM

" they just took pity on the idiots"

I THINK THAT SUMS IT UP.
I'm thinking the guy in the F-150 is a Fireman. Don't you think he has been to enough accidents to know what kinda damage can happen to a vehicle?

General_01

Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on April 30, 2007, 09:47:00 PM
Quote from: Steve P. on April 30, 2007, 08:48:53 PM
Quote from: Arigmaster on April 30, 2007, 08:26:30 PM
253862656971 - Hey Mike what rodeo did Goldberg win?
- Jake Keeton from Team F150 actually gave it to Goldberg, Jake is Texas and so is the belt buckle.

BWAHAHAHA!!!!  Suck-ups!!!   :lol:

Now we know how they got 2 days to fix that FERD instead of being sent home..   :D

being the loudest detractor of those pussies and the offense allowed by SPIKE, I'm about to saying something you're not going to believe....

I do my homework and it appears that the issue was that the "stunt guy" hired to oversee the show told them it was "ok to hit the bricks". (mike mentioned this a while back)  the F150 guys, being idiots, didn't know he was full of shit and slammed it.  Since they were acting on the advice of the stunt guy hired by the show, the show felt obligated to right the wrong.  In my opinion they should have known better.  Mike and Jim did.  However, that makes more sense of the situation.  Still doesn't make it right but at least they weren't getting preferential treatment as it first seemed.  they just took pity on the idiots

Like I said before, even if they were told by someone it wouldn't do damage, you gotta be a complete moron to not know that hitting a wall of bricks at 60+ mph isn't going to do damage. They shoulda been sent home in the short bus IMHO.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

PocketThunder

I just watched episode 7 online.  Nice work in the challenge Mike.  And i could have helped you out with the gravel road driving as well.  I learned how to drive on gravel roads growing up in Wisconsin and i took every corner sideways.. :icon_smile_big:

I caught a glimpse of your fuel cap when you were filling up in the second leg.  Do you have a '69 Cap on your car? :ahum:  I think i saw the letters FUEL on the top. 

And i like the comment from the Lotus guys which went something like "If we dont do well we are screwed with a capitol "F"" :rofl: :rofl:

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Rack

Hey Mike, I just read the entire thread to make sure I don't ask a question you've already answered, but if it was and I missed it I apologize.

About the speed limit, was the rule that you couldn't go over the actual speed limit, or did the show actually give you a speed limit? When the Ford guys filmed their speedo and the Lotus/Civic passing them (which I have no problem with. 200K on the line, other teams are cheating, I see no problem turning them in. If it were just a "Friendly" race it's ok, but with 200 big ones on the line, I'm not gonna let someone get away with cheating)... where was I? Oh yeah, their speedo showed them going 80. Was that the actual speed limit on the hwy? Here in texas the speed limit on most hwys is 75 ( but you can get away with going 5 over).

Also, why is everyone giving the Ford team a bunch of crap? Is it just cuz they're in a ford or because they turned the lotus/civic in for cheating? I don't see anything they've done to warrant the negative reaction (from the people on the show or the people here at the forums). Anyone in the race would of done the same thing. I would have anyway. 200K... I ain't gonna let some punk get away with cheating. Plus those lotus boys are annoying punks anyway. Funny at times (especially when they're telling eachother off) but punks nonetheless (I'm just jealous of their car probably). Anyway, just thought maybe I missed something they did or something.

Anyway, enjoying the show. Can't wait for the next ep.

TUFCAT

Rack, its not what  they did, it's how  they did it ...... like a bunch of whining babies. Also, its all in the attitude:Twocents: :Twocents:

NYCMille

The Lotus guys pull REALLY funny stuff in tonight's episode...  :yesnod:

jasonfromIKILLYA - all I have to say about that is...  :yesnod:

PocketThunder - Yea Dude, it's a 69' cap. Nothing on this car is stock anyway so why should the gas cap be any different... plus the FUEL on it just looks plain cool :D

Rack - You are correct. We were allowed to 5mph over the posted speed limit and 10mph over the posted limit to pass.

PocketThunder

Quote from: NYCMille on May 01, 2007, 10:07:32 AM
The Lotus guys pull REALLY funny stuff in tonight's episode...  :yesnod:

jasonfromIKILLYA - all I have to say about that is...  :yesnod:

PocketThunder - Yea Dude, it's a 69' cap. Nothing on this car is stock anyway so why should the gas cap be any different... plus the FUEL on it just looks plain cool :D

Rack - You are correct. We were allowed to 5mph over the posted speed limit and 10mph over the posted limit to pass.

Filling up at the gas station is my favorite part about driving my 68, besides driving the wheels off it ofcourse..  :drive:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

HITMAN 149

i just picked up a brand new repop 69'-70' "FUEL" cap for my 68...as i think they look soooo much nicer & cooler than the plain jane 68!!! :yesnod:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

pettyfan43

Now THAT is funny, the first 69 R/T I had some idiot cut the spring and the seal off of it so the could put an aftermarket locking cap on it, I put a 68 cap on it and thought it looked cool I also had a 68 driver's door on it for about two weeks before I realized they were differnt!

but hey it was 20 years ago and A. nobody cared, and B. I was only 20

Damn that means I'm 40.  :o

Rolling_Thunder

I have no idea how this makes the series a "race"    I mean say everyone is going the same speed...    short of gas stops and getting lost you would all turn the same times...        it seems the only spirited driving is reserved for the challenges...     

usually when you think about these things there re no speed limits (cannonball run / gumball ralley) but i do find this more entertaining...    and it is most definately safer   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

TUFCAT

Quote from: pettyfan43 on May 01, 2007, 11:02:28 AM

"I also had a 68 driver's door on it for about two weeks before I realized they were differnt!"

Okay, I'll bite ..... and show my ignorance here - - what's different about the drivers door from 68 to 69?

Troy

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on May 01, 2007, 11:09:49 AM

I have no idea how this makes the series a "race"    I mean say everyone is going the same speed...    short of gas stops and getting lost you would all turn the same times...        it seems the only spirited driving is reserved for the challenges...     

usually when you think about these things there re no speed limits (cannonball run / gumball ralley) but i do find this more entertaining...    and it is most definately safer   
Most "races" are exactly the same way - the cars and speeds are almost identical so the only ways to really split up the winners from the losers is fuel strategy or breaking the car. The real rally races also have rules about following local laws but they aren't enforced by the race organizers. Most of the time the ones going all out end up in jail and losing any way so a conservative approach is a smarter plan.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

NYCMille

chargerboy69

Quote from: TUFCAT on May 01, 2007, 11:45:31 AM

"I also had a 68 driver's door on it for about two weeks before I realized they were differnt!"

Okay, I'll bite ..... and show my ignorance here - - what's different about the drivers door from 68 to 69?

The door locks on the inside are in different locations.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

PocketThunder

Quote from: chargerboy69 on May 01, 2007, 12:26:03 PM

The push button on the outside of the 68's are black.

pettyfan43

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 01, 2007, 12:55:46 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on May 01, 2007, 12:26:03 PM

The push button on the outside of the 68's are black.

Some 69s have black buttons as well (That car did) But the different door lock location is the main deal.

volk68

I'm anxious for tonight's show, but I'm also nervous for Mike and Jim...there's a reason that helmet got slammed down in the previews :icon_smile_blackeye:  It also looks like the challenge is going to be underway in the dark....

PocketThunder

Quote from: volk68 on May 01, 2007, 02:40:29 PM
I'm anxious for tonight's show, but I'm also nervous for Mike and Jim...there's a reason that helmet got slammed down in the previews :icon_smile_blackeye:  It also looks like the challenge is going to be underway in the dark....

Hopefully team 01 doesnt lose to the Lotus team, after the Lotus team takes their ol sweet time getting to the end of the first leg.. 

ramit

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 01, 2007, 03:12:30 PM
Quote from: volk68 on May 01, 2007, 02:40:29 PM

Hopefully team 01 doesnt lose to the Lotus team, after the Lotus team takes their ol sweet time getting to the end of the first leg..

I have a bad feeling about tonights episode too.  I have been waiting to see why he throws his helmet down.  I sure hope I am wrong!  It just won't be the same watching it without mike and jim on there.

defiance

NYCMille

jwilk01

Hey Mike a quick question that has probably been asked before. 

Someone or maybe you did say that you did stagered starts how much time was between each team?

Later and good luck
Josh

Khyron

Quote from: defiance on May 01, 2007, 03:39:50 PM
Dangit you guys, you're retroactively jinxing him!! :P

I would agree...... if it wasn't already filmed ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

TUFCAT