News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chrgrwife

Ok so I am a bit late, but watched the episode last night.....Mike you did an awesome job a the challenge..you had great stradegy staying farther back from the truck vs. what everyone else seemed to do which was stay on his ass and hope that most of the boxes flew over them.   You definalty made this mopar fan proud...showing up ALL the cars in that challenge (not only are you 3 and 0 in the challenges, but most of the time beating out everybody else too).  Also I wanted to say that ever since you left the chevy guys you guys have gone from the back of the pack to the top of the pack...I guess the chevy guys really did keep you guys back?  Also I thought it was so great that with a 45 min time bonus for the other two reams you still came in 2.  Great job!  That means though that you really came in first.  and whooped some ass! 

Jim- Man I love NYers even more now...you have the greatest one liners! 

Although the olds brothers make NYers look like assholes (so glad I am from NJ not NY when they are around).  I hope you beat them to a pulp after filming was done, Jim.  I know I would have.  Talking to you like that...what assholes...and you two so diplomatic at who you want to see go home......man you should have called them out.  Anyway.....Can't wait to see next weeks episode.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

ck1

CJK

NHCharger

Quote from: General_01 on April 25, 2007, 10:15:00 PM
I see the Lotus is gonna try their little plan of leaving somebody with a big time deficit. Hope it backfires.

Yes that is going to be very interesting next week. Come in 45 minutes behind everyone else, win the challenge and basically bury the other team with a huge time deficit. I must say it's dangerously brilliant.
Be interesting to see if they get penalized for this tactic since this is not in the true spirit of the rally, but then again it seems the producers are manipulating the rules to make things more interesting.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

miller

Quote from: NHCharger on April 26, 2007, 08:08:54 PM
I see the Lotus is gonna try their little plan of leaving somebody with a big time deficit. Hope it backfires.

Yes that is going to be very interesting next week. Come in 45 minutes behind everyone else, win the challenge and basically bury the other team with a huge time deficit. I must say it's dangerously brilliant.
Be interesting to see if they get penalized for this tactic since this is not in the true spirit of the rally, but then again it seems the producers are manipulating the rules to make things more interesting.

do they really have to challenge them though, earlier i remember they just challenged whoever they wanted, so this tatic would mean they just didnt get picked.... sorry i missed last episode so i dont know if they changed the rules...

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

General_01

Quote from: miller on April 26, 2007, 09:26:36 PM

The rules changed. I believe they said last week that the bottom four are automatically in the challenge.

do they really have to challenge them though, earlier i remember they just challenged whoever they wanted, so this tatic would mean they just didnt get picked.... sorry i missed last episode so i dont know if they changed the rules...
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Hey Mike what rodeo did Goldberg win?  ;)  That's a pretty big buckle he had on there. 

Anytime you want a lesson on driving dirt/gravel roads you give me a holler.  We'll take my 69 and I'll show you the ins and outs of going down the gravel fast.  ;D  Doesn't chip up the paint either (too badly).
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

BrianShaughnessy

Hey Mike!    Rick E.  told me he met you on Saturday.   He said you and your car are pretty cool.

One thing I've been trying to verify but can't so far is the fuel capacity on the Olds.     They don't seem to have as bad a problem as the Charger.
I had a 76 Grand Prix SJ back when and it had a 25 gallon tank.    I'm presuming the same was available on a Olds.  All I can find so far is 19 gal.

That was a pretty good episode all in all  :icon_smile_cool:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

NYCMille

Thanks guys...

The Olds was pulling about 160 to a tank and we pulled about 130 so they had a little advantage over us.

BrianShaughnessy - Dude, I used to have a 1969 Grand Prix SJ w/a Hi-Po 428... I loved that thing...

Cheers - Mike

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

TUFCAT

Mike, if possible you could answer my question a few responses up (about the police) - that is, if you can of course. Thanks.

Recharger

:iagree:

Quote from: General_01 on April 26, 2007, 09:58:12 PM
Quote from: miller on April 26, 2007, 09:26:36 PM

The rules changed. I believe they said last week that the bottom four are automatically in the challenge.

Yeah, there were only 6 teams left, so the math dictates that all but the top 2 teams would end up in the challenge.  Now with 5 teams left, does only 1 team sit out of the challenge?  or would only 2 teams participate...   :scratchchin:  It would be funny to see the Lotus' strategy bite them in the ass, and not get picked for the challenge...    :hah:

I'm going to go on record now that I think team Charger is unfortunately going to inherit the Lotus' crappy time.. :sick:   I really hope I'm wrong.  Now where's my bookie....          Good luck guys (from the future.... :icon_smile_wink:)

70charger_boy

I'm going to go on record now that I think team Charger is unfortunately going to inherit the Lotus' crappy time.. :sick:   I really hope I'm wrong.  Now where's my bookie....          Good luck guys (from the future.... :icon_smile_wink:)

I agree.....

Rack

Just started watching this show (I was out of town for a funeral and didn't even know about this show) and it is easily the best show on TV now.

Mike (and Jime), I appreciate you representin' mopar maniacs all around the world, and putting your car to the test.

Couldn't be any better that you've got a '68 (that's what I've got  :yesnod:).

I've also got a Ford F-150 and I'm from Texas, can you tell who my two favorite teams are? :D

Really, I'm just glad the lambo guys are out. I was about ready to go stomp a mudhole in those wussies myself. The lotus guys... they need to go next. Seriously, that Texan should of cracked a tire iron over that dude's head when he had the chance.

Anyway, don't ever let anyone give you s*** about pushing your car like that. That car was meant to be driven. If I want to see something pretty doing nothing I'll go to a freakin' museum. When I wanna see somethin' kickass KICK ASS I'll watch Bullrun.

:METAL:

Brock Samson

didn't know you sold the GP mike.. seems ya' just bought it..
What's up wif that?.  :P

NYCMille

253862656971 - Hey Mike what rodeo did Goldberg win?
- Jake Keeton from Team F150 actually gave it to Goldberg, Jake is Texas and so is the belt buckle.

bordin34 - Mike, what car shows/cruise nights do you go to?
- Honestly, the only one I go to regularly is at Captree State Park on Long Islands south shore by Jones Beach. It's every Sunday morning from about 7am-10am and IMO is probably one the best cruise spots I've ever been too.

TUFCAT- Mike, if possible you could answer my question a few responses up (about the police)
- the Police that we encountered on the show, were only doing one thing... their jobs. Some people say it was staged, others say that stops were BS, but I am telling everyone that is incorrect. I have A LOT of friends on the job and hold nothing but the utmost respect for any and all officers.

Recharger - Now with 5 teams left, does only 1 team sit out of the challenge?
- Bingo... 4 teams in, 1 team out... it gets real interesting next episode.

Brock Samson  - didn't know you sold the GP mike.. seems ya' just bought it..
- I had to sell it. While prepping the Charger for the show something had to give and unfortunately it was the GP. I just didn't have the money to do everything at once. The bad part is that the GP is gone (it was AWESOME car), the good part is the Charger is in better shape than ever.

Cheers - Mike

TUFCAT

Hi Mike, just so the fellow readers don't misunderstand, I agree with you and will never knock a cop for protecting us, and most importantly themeselves while doing his/her job on a daily basis  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: . I was just wondering how they felt about the camera crew showing up to film their "roadside business".  I thought it was especially interesting since Alsop kinda "jumped out" of his car and asked the officer "what they did wrong" ...that's gotta be somewhere near the top of things that can piss off an officer during a traffic stop  :icon_smile_angry: - - then throw in the camera crew for more aggravation... ::) 

NYCMille

I think they were a little freaked out at first, but the producers told them what was going on so honestly the police were kind of ambivilant to the camera's. Plus no one (to my knowledge) had any kind of crazy offense.

69bronzeT5

Hey Mike,
First of all great job on the show last week!! Also, I have a question...when you were going down the windy gravel road in the dark last episode, did that do any damage to your car? I noticed you said something about a 15,000 dollar paintjob on the Charger during that episode?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

HITMAN 149

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 30, 2007, 11:22:21 AM
Hi Mike, just so the fellow readers don't misunderstand, I agree with you and will never knock a cop for protecting us, and most importantly themeselves while doing his/her job on a daily basis  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: . I was just wondering how they felt about the camera crew showing up to film their "roadside business".  I thought it was especially interesting since Alsop kinda "jumped out" of his car and asked the officer "what they did wrong" ...that's gotta be somewhere near the top of things that can piss off an officer during a traffic stop  :icon_smile_angry: - - then throw in the camera crew for more aggravation... ::) 
hey cat....
not to hijack mikes great thread....but YOU ARE CORRECT........ that is the last thing i want to see when i pull someone over...is them getting out of their car jumping around!!!! i / we (the police) have no idea who you are that i'm pulling over (unless..it's the same local yocal yo-yo, that we all know..and even still then...) and have no clue weather or not you have a gun, and i'm certainley not gonna be a sittin duck in my cruiser waiting to get shot!!!! a lil note / advice to all fellow readers....stay in your damn cars..unless directed otherwise!!!!! that's a good way to get friggin SHOT!!!!!!! yea i was surprised at Alsop, for jumping out of the car like a jumping bean?!?!? and i wasn't to kean on his lil spoiled rotten daughters comments!!! i bet she wouldn't feel that when if something were to happen to her...then i bet she'd love us to be there to helpl her!!!!!!!!
she gets 2 tickets now when she comes to joisey!!!!!!!!! :yesnod:
:devil:
sorry NYC MIKE  & Big JIM...just had to do a quick hi-jack...... NOW back to our regulary scheduled BULLRUN thread!!!!! :icon_smile_big:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Arigmaster

- Jake Keeton from Team F150 actually gave it to Goldberg, Jake is Texas and so is the belt buckle.

BWAHAHAHA!!!!  Suck-ups!!!   :lol:

Steve P.

Quote from: Arigmaster on April 30, 2007, 08:26:30 PM

Now we know how they got 2 days to fix that FERD instead of being sent home..   :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TUFCAT

Goldberg must have a thing for whining little sissy pricks  :yesnod:

Khyron

I wonder if there is a ford forum that is cheering those morons.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

jasonfromIKILLYA

Quote from: Steve P. on April 30, 2007, 08:48:53 PM
Quote from: Arigmaster on April 30, 2007, 08:26:30 PM

Now we know how they got 2 days to fix that FERD instead of being sent home..   :D

being the loudest detractor of those pussies and the offense allowed by SPIKE, I'm about to saying something you're not going to believe....

I do my homework and it appears that the issue was that the "stunt guy" hired to oversee the show told them it was "ok to hit the bricks". (mike mentioned this a while back)  the F150 guys, being idiots, didn't know he was full of shit and slammed it.  Since they were acting on the advice of the stunt guy hired by the show, the show felt obligated to right the wrong.  In my opinion they should have known better.  Mike and Jim did.  However, that makes more sense of the situation.  Still doesn't make it right but at least they weren't getting preferential treatment as it first seemed.  they just took pity on the idiots
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

TUFCAT