News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charger_boy

Quote from: The70RT on April 22, 2007, 09:41:19 PM
It may be fugly but their isn't a Cordoba on earth worth more than that Olds  :rotz:..........i don't wanna here about your grandmas car or uncle ed's tubbed 9 second car either :icon_smile_evil:

may mother mopar strike you down with great vengeance and furious anger

Steve P.

It may be fugly but their isn't a Cordoba on earth worth more than that Olds  :rotz:..........i don't wanna here about your grandmas car or uncle ed's tubbed 9 second car either :icon_smile_evil:

The question is, (WORTH TO WHOM)? ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

The70RT

Quote from: 70charger_boy on April 22, 2007, 09:47:21 PM

may mother mopar strike you down with great vengeance and furious anger

:rofl:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The70RT

Quote from: Steve P. on April 22, 2007, 09:51:01 PM

Ummm...........the average car collector ???.......whoops were highjackin the tread...sorry.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Steve P.

Quote from: The70RT on April 22, 2007, 10:20:34 PM
Quote from: Steve P. on April 22, 2007, 09:51:01 PM

Ummm...........the average car collector ???.......whoops were highjackin the tread...sorry.

No such thing as an AVERAGE CAR COLLECTOR..   There are however, PEOPLE WITH WAY TOO MUCH MONEY..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

ChargerRT440

lol hey my family is an average car collector  :icon_smile_big: we've got my 68 Dart, my dad's 46 Fargo, my 84 ramcharger, my dad's 85 Ram reg. cab shortbox 2wd, and my 98 Ram SST. lol I call that average because were not done working on them.

NYCMille

Hey Guys - Ok, some more questions.

TUFCAT: how did you feel about having your car shipped to an undisclosed location, and what carrier did they use?
- Honestly, it scared the crap out of me, I have Spike draw up special legal contract for me in case anything were to happen. They used a company called Pilot Transport which I have nothing bad to say about them. They did a great job IMO and the car came and went in the same shape. As for the weather... I have NO IDEA why they shot it in the cold.... it SUCKED!!

pettyfan43: I'd really like some more info on the engine combo and how you like it
- Check out this cardomain page for all my mods: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/744737/2

ck1

I'm sorry but I can't seem to be able to ask any serious question Mike, but did anyone stink really bad, like a camping trip gone horrible?  Kurd some of that stuff you are and the rest of that gang are eating and drinking along with the beer woooowee :sick: we eat that same stuff on our hunting trips and man some of use have to hid in the woods all you guys can do is roll the windows down LOL
CJK

bakerhillpins

Mike

First off is the May BullRun rally that you are planning to attend also for Spike TV? (season 2 as it were)

Since I could consider myself living in the corridor between Montreal and the Keys I was hoping that monitoring the local channels might turn up some news of the production moving into town and setting up shop a few days early. Thus we could drive on out and give you guys a cheering section!

I guess this all depends upon:
If it is spike or not?
How far ahead of schedule do the checkpoints move into town for setup?
If you stop and start at the same points along the way. I havn't been paying attention to that detail on the show. Do you in fact start the next day where you completed the last?

Good luck!!! (well I guess that's a bit late now eh?)

Bryan
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

pettyfan43

Quote from: NYCMille on April 23, 2007, 08:32:37 AM
Hey Guys - Ok, some more questions.

TUFCAT: how did you feel about having your car shipped to an undisclosed location, and what carrier did they use?
- Honestly, it scared the crap out of me, I have Spike draw up special legal contract for me in case anything were to happen. They used a company called Pilot Transport which I have nothing bad to say about them. They did a great job IMO and the car came and went in the same shape. As for the weather... I have NO IDEA why they shot it in the cold.... it SUCKED!!

pettyfan43: I'd really like some more info on the engine combo and how you like it
- Check out this cardomain page for all my mods: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/744737/2

Cool Mike, Thanks, I really didn't realize how UNTRICK the engine is. I figured it was balanced or had some secrets. Looks easy enough to build something similar for the 66! Have you considered the Edelbrock Aluminum heads? A buddy of mine stuck a  set on a 360 69 Dart and it went from a good strong little car to pin-your-ears-back and GO!!!!! Man it felt like it added 150HP without any other changes.

I've heard a LOT of good and not really any bad about those heads.

Holley 800 Double Pumper? I think I know what happened to your fuel mileage!
Cam is 470 lift? That actually sounds pretty mild. cool, Need vacuum to open the headlight doors on that 68. My 66 is electric.

I appreciate that Mike, GOOD LUCK in May! And hope the rest of the Spike show goes well!

Chris

ChargerRT440

Yeah i love the simplicity of the engine very nice work mike. I love that 68. such a beauty. Good luck guys.

myk

Quote from: BigJim on April 22, 2007, 12:17:41 AM
The flag girls did make for interesting conversatoin in the car.  Andyes...they both felt good.  At least hugging them did. :'(  We weren't supposed to talk with them...

Why not? 

myk

69Chrgr

Hey Mike, could you tell me a little about the wiring system in your Charger?

NYCMille

Hey Guys - a few more questions answered.

bakerhillpins: First off is the May BullRun rally that you are planning to attend also for Spike TV? How far ahead of schedule do the checkpoints move into town for setup?
- No, the May rally is the actual Bullrun that the show is based upon. It will be filmed and release to DVD and used as promotion for Season 2.
- Unfortunately I don't have an answer for that one.

pettyfan43: - Yea, the engine combo in the Charger is very mild... stock pushrods and rockers, mild cam, intake and carb. We have few neat things like an accusump and hydroboost and such, but the keeping the engine mild for the show and the rally was done solely for the purpose of reliabilty... and lets face it, a mild 440 is no slouch by any means and will more than hold it's own against today cars... we've had this car upwards of 150mph with more to go so no worries on the speed front.

myk: - Dude, Bill is a total family man with a beautiful wife (Wanda) who happens to be a true sweetheart and a hollywood stuntwoman... honestly, he could care less about the girls, he was there to do a job and thats it.

69Chrgr: Hey Mike, could you tell me a little about the wiring system in your Charger?
- Sure... it's a friggin' nightmare... actually the engine harness and everything under the hood is top notch as it the rear harness, the under dash wiring has to be redone though - that will be a winter project as I plan on redoing the entire interior of the car.

NYCMille

Oh, as for tonights episode... it's a good one with some WONDERFUL scenery. Plus we're in the challenge again and you'll be amazed at what we do this time... oye' vey!!  :o

pettyfan43

Thanks Mike, Gives me a solid plan for when I build the GOOD engine for the big green bomb! I like the 4 wheel disc Idea as well. I want my 66 to be a great driver with plenty of power and PLENTY of torque. PLUS I want enough that if I want to stand on her, She will GO.
I have already got most of the suspension planned out and figured out what I want to use.

My engine is a 440 from a 70 or 71 Imperial so it's a great starting spot. Nice low mileage engine. 

Thanks a bunch. And we'll DEFNINITELY be watching!

aifilaw

Quote from: NYCMille on April 24, 2007, 08:47:06 AM
Oh, as for tonights episode... it's a good one with some WONDERFUL scenery. Plus we're in the challenge again and you'll be amazed at what we do this time... oye' vey!!  :o

can't wait!
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

TUFCAT

From the sound of Mike's reply...... here's my predition for episode 7  - - He drives the BALLS out of the Charger tonight!!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

....this is from TVguide.com   "teams compete in an obstacle course in which they must dodge falling crates from a speeding truck"   :o :o :o   Geez... :scratchchin:

pettyfan43

HHHMMM Do I see a helmet spike coming tonight? We'll have to see huh?

PocketThunder

Sounds like you will be heading over the Rocky Mountains maybe?  :shruggy:  Dont tell me now, i'll wait and see tonight.   :icon_smile_cool:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TUFCAT

Quote from: pettyfan43 on April 24, 2007, 12:33:48 PM

HHHMMM Do I see a helmet spike coming tonight? We'll have to see huh?

I hope not!! ....unless the helmet spike was for ....(man, I just whooped some ass) , and not the hemet spike for ....(man, I just got my ass whooped ). Traditionally, if you lose a challenge "you're ass is sent home packing" in the words of Goldberg, that is. Especially, if you have to take someone elses lower spot - - I HOPE NOT!

Now, lets think,  which teams could beat Mike in a slalom course dodging crates?? - certainly not F150 or Olds, Trans am probably could, Lotus definately, ...as for Honda, they suck - and people seem hate them - so they may get thrown into a challenge.   Could Mike beat the nimble Honda? 

PocketThunder

Do you think that pretty soon there will only be the first place finisher exempt from the challenge?  Other wise it will be the same 4~5 cars every time.   

I wonder how much longer the challenges will last?  Maybe they will stop having them after only 4 cars are left. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

aifilaw

fact is, after seeing Mike's work with the spikes, it comes down to the driver and not the car, and most of the other drivers have either very little seat time in their rides, or very little experience doing which involves something other than a straight line.
Therefore, I'd sick the charger up against all of them, and the only one that might be a problem would be the lotus. Trans am doesn't look like it has the suspension setup and the driver skill to beat him. Both of which are easily attainable in that F-body
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads