News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

IMO it was just stupid to go through the wall. Did they allow you to go and take a look at the distance between the end of the run and the wall before you started the challenge? You played it smart though Mike. Gave yourself plenty of room to stop. If the F150 nailed the brakes hard at the end of the track he would have slowed considerably before he hit the wall minimizing damage to the truck, if he would have hit the wall at all. Trucks have pretty big brakes. The guy just seems like a moron.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Ponch ®

Quote from: defiance on April 18, 2007, 12:47:45 PM
  I was caught off-guard by the transition from a close-up of the grill all busted to hell to the close-up of a grill of a GMC for the commercial - no segway or anything, just busted-up-ford -> new-shiny-gmc - lol

I noticed that too! It was like almost a frame to frame shot when it dissolved from the busted ford to the new GMC commercial, wasn't it? The trucks were at the same angle and everything. I thought it was pretty funny, if they did that on purpose..
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

CHARGERMAN2007_69

1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

Ponch ®

Quote from: CHARGERMAN2007_69 on April 18, 2007, 12:56:12 PM
I didnt catch this weeks episode. Who went home???

The Mexicans. One of them had to take a dump real bad and it cost them time.

I swear, if I was on a show like that, I'd have eaten nothing but granola bars and snapples for the entire duration. I have a very 'sensitive stomach' and I'd be freaking out about getting into the same situation that did the homies in.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

CHARGERMAN2007_69

1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 18, 2007, 01:00:09 PM

I swear, if I was on a show like that, I'd have eaten nothing but granola bars and snapples for the entire duration. I have a very 'sensitive stomach' and I'd be freaking out about getting into the same situation that did the homies in.

Good idea, BUT I'd take it a step further & squat in the back seat with a 5 gallon spackle pail for $200,000 & not think twice about it.

How'd you like to be known as the guy who lost because he had to take a dump?
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Troy

On the truck: The bumper would have had the greatest impact with the grill only left to "push" the debris out of the way. I don't think the wall was "built" - it looked like just a stack of blocks so they could rebuild it if necessary. It would still be heavy and solid though! The lenses on the headlights are fragile and so are the bulbs so I wouldn't expect them to withstand any sort of impact. As for sponsors... if you pay attention you see that there's a cut-away or long shot whenever Goldberg is speaking about a sponsor (other than Sonic) because it's dubbed in after the fact. The Ford guys do well because they have good navigational skills, cruise control, and don't have to stop 15 times each leg for gas. Use a stopwatch the next time you need to leave the highway, find a station, pay with cash, fill up, and get back on the highway and up to speed. It will take probably 12-15 minutes which is the equivalent of 16-20 miles at highway speeds. On a leg of 600 miles the truck would have stopped once, the TransAm probably twice, and the older cars three to five times. That's as much as an extra hour in fuel stops. Assuming the truck sticks the cruise control on the maximum limit allowed (and doesn't get lost) there isn't a faster way to complete a leg. I mentioned earlier about a previous Bullrun race where the fifth place finisher was a tour bus. They went just above the speed limit and never stopped for gas and managed to beat out scores of exotic cars.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Paul G

So what it comes down to is he who has the biggest fuel tamk (and can read a map) wins.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

SeattleCharger

Realistically I don't believe Ford can influence the competition on the show, just my cynical side and my bias not liking those Ford guys,   :D :stirthepot:
   I just want them to show team Charger more, that's all.     

GO   TEAM   CHARGER !!!          

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: defiance on April 18, 2007, 12:47:45 PM
I don't know about that ford sponsorship - you're right that it all seems a bit odd, but I was caught off-guard by the transition from a close-up of the grill all busted to hell to the close-up of a grill of a GMC for the commercial - no segway or anything, just busted-up-ford -> new-shiny-gmc - lol
I don't know if the order of commercials is the same everywhere, but that's what it was for me!

good observation, kind of a slap to ford there, that was same thing here, busted ford grill to gmc grill

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Troy

Quote from: Paul G on April 18, 2007, 01:11:41 PM
So what it comes down to is he who has the biggest fuel tamk (and can read a map) wins.
As long as you don't get busted down to the bottom of the pack in a challenge just before a short leg... ;)

That sucks about the producers not caring about the cars. I guess it comes from the same mindset that keeps producing movies where the cars aren't cool unless they are destroyed. Perhaps it comes from being around all the rich guys in the real race who are only there to party and have no clue about their cars (or about paying for damage). Putting anyone who isn't a qualified stunt driver in the position to drive through a concrete wall is a HUGE risk to take. The driver should have had enough sense to back off - so far only the Lambo guys seemed to have the guts to face down the criticism and save their car. Peer pressure I'm sure played a large part.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on April 18, 2007, 01:05:48 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on April 18, 2007, 01:00:09 PM

Good idea, BUT I'd take it a step further & squat in the back seat with a 5 gallon spackle pail for $200,000 & not think twice about it.

How'd you like to be known as the guy who lost because he had to take a dump?

I'd have brought a cardboard box and a couple of cases of  "Tidy Cats".

jasonfromIKILLYA

it does not surprise me in the least that the producers were asses.  they are there to make TV with no regard for anyone or anything else.  Good for you for not hitting them.  I'm a stickler for honor and would probably have blown the cover if there was unfair shit going on.  Or at least mentioned it constantly so it would have to make it into the end film.  :D
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

PocketThunder

Were the mexicans asked to speak English during the drive time so that the general audience could understand them?  I just thought that maybe they would speak spanish when they are together by themselves...
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TUFCAT

Mike, that's interesting, I didn't notice until you mentioned that - there's no isolated clips or "side chats" cut into the show with you or Jim. I guess they figured you guys out!! Glad you were pissed. Sounds like there was a lot of nagging little issues to deal with. Hopefully, they'll have all these things ironed out before the next season (are you listening Goldberg :P).  Also, we learned its always good to take a dump before you get into a car for a long road trip!!!  (...that's what coffee and donuts are good for)   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I liked when you said that was the most expensive shit - ever!

HITMAN 149

MUA-HAHAHAHHA :devil:
dont fuck with us new york/jersians!!!!!! hehehe
:devil:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

NYCMille

Jim and I purposely did not eat a lot solely for that reason. I left for the show at 231lbs and came home at 216lbs... thats a lot of weight for the time we were gone. Honestly, we ate granola bars, beef jerky and drank red bull and waters... oh yea, and cookies ;D ... that was pretty much it. By the end of shooting we were both drinking like 7 red bulls a day, it was nuts.

Lee01

Quote from: NYCMille on April 18, 2007, 02:17:12 PM
Jim and I purposely did not eat a lot solely for that reason. I left for the show at 231lbs and came home at 216lbs... thats a lot of weight for the time we were gone. Honestly, we ate granola bars, beef jerky and drank red bull and waters... oh yea, and cookies ;D ... that was pretty much it. By the end of shooting we were both drinking like 7 red bulls a day, it was nuts.

Exactly how long from day 1 to been home this ''adventure'' took?
Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

volk68

Mike!  Another great show...I admit, even though I was pretty sure you weren't going to be elliminated last night, I was still tense waiting for the announcement  :o

I understand the will to win, but the F-150 guys are just majorly cocky showboaters...I wouldn't be surprised if they thought going through the wall would be no problem for them.  They sure looked stunned that their ride was damaged when they got done  :rotz:  Recording the other teams was pretty moronic.  I realize every edge is a good one, but you don't shaft other teams by being a crybaby.  If Lotus and Honda were breaking the rules and wouldn't get caught without the tape, I would have just kept pace with them instead of trying to bust 'em.  It's not like getting them in trouble was going to elliminate them from the competition...it was only the first leg of the day!  Aside from all that, the Olds team still just annoys me to no end...would someone PLEASE elliminate them?

As always, a couple of questions:

1.  The look on Jim's face when Goldberg said he was giving F-150 time to fix his lights was priceless.  Why was this allowed?  No one else got special repair time during the race.  Did everyone go crazy about it off camera?  I would have been seriously  :RantExplode:

2.  The Olds guys (have I mentioned how irritating they are?) are starting to get a jump on everyone.  Were they equipped with a bigger tank, or were they just getting better mileage out of the car?  They are all over the place on their horsepower rating...even when they are just blabbing to one another in the car.  A high output build should give them worse mileage than you, especially with the GV unit and the modest build on the 440.  What gives?

3.  I understand the liability issue for Spike if they didn't try to police the speed limit a bit, but certainly speeding was taking place at times, and was often caught on tape by the camera crews.  The Lambo and Chevy are good examples.  The Chevy team was giving it all they had when they were passing the Ford, and I remember the Lambo blowing off the Nissan (I think) at the beginning of the show.  Did you perceive a kind of double standard on the speed issue?

4.  I noticed that every time an outside view of the cars on the highway occurs, we are treated to the sound of each car shifting...it's almost never a static engine sound.  Did they have a seperate recording session with your cars to get proper engine sounds for dubbing in later?

5.  Were those chocolate chip cookies  :devil:

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on April 18, 2007, 11:48:25 AM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on April 17, 2007, 10:32:24 PM
guys...     ya'll need to give the F-150 guys some slack....      think about it...     they are competing for $200,000.00...       If ANY of you wouldnt try to get some competition kicked off because of FELONY WRECKLESS DRIVING then I must say that you are all very odd.  I would pull any trick to get one less competitor in the competition. I have unfortunately not seen the episode yet...    maybe my opinion will change but it seems at this point pretty clear cut....

thunder....
as a  :police: i'd hardley consider driving 80-100mph on a straight road..in a straight line " FELONY WRECKLESS DRIVING"!! TRUST ME....i've seeeeeen RECKLESS driving accidents!!!!! ("felony reckless driving"-not what we call it in the real :police: world..that's L.A. tv cop world lingo!!!)hahaha!!! but good episode tonight!!! had me a lil worried in the end!!!! but knew it would be ok!!!!

isnt anything 15mph over the limit wreckless driving?  I do live in Los Angeles and i have been pulled over for such things...     and i was doing 90mph on the 14 between Lancaster and Mojave....     it is a literal strait line...     oh well...     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

TUFCAT

Quote from: NYCMille on April 18, 2007, 02:17:12 PM
I left for the show at 231lbs and came home at 216lbs...

Mike, can you please make a post with that diet plan in detail - - I would love to lose 15 pounds in 10 days so I don't have to recalibrate my  "speedo"  - -  intentional pun on "speedo"  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Regarding Olds brother #1 - the "Chachie" look-alike... He's a martial arts instructor! If there was any ass-kicking going on, he should've been able to clean the floor with both those punks....not withstnding how annoying he is.  :yesnod: 

Its funny that Brian and Jason hated eachother.  In my opinion, they both had the same arrogant personalities -  they should have bonded  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jasonfromIKILLYA

my girl kept saying, "wait, which one is that?" and "who's that guy?  he looks just like the other guy!"   :icon_smile_big:
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

mikepmcs

Can anyone tell me where to find the video on the net.  Every time I go to Spike it says done but nothing shows up.  I need a link please.  I'm so embarrassed I missed the show last night.  That is 2 weeks in a row I did not see it when it aired. 
This really reminds me of when I was a kid and the Yankees game was on and I would miss it.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 18, 2007, 04:50:14 PM
Can anyone tell me where to find the video on the net.  Every time I go to Spike it says done but nothing shows up.  I need a link please.  I'm so embarrassed I missed the show last night.  That is 2 weeks in a row I did not see it when it aired. 
This really reminds me of when I was a kid and the Yankees game was on and I would miss it.

v/r
Mike

EXCEPT BULLRUN IS IMPORTANT!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

68chrgrwife

Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on April 18, 2007, 04:35:51 PM
my girl kept saying, "wait, which one is that?" and "who's that guy?  he looks just like the other guy!"   :icon_smile_big:

I saw the first five episodes by myself and had them taped for hubby when he got back, so when it was time for him to watch he had to keep telling me to shut up...I was always like "hehe, watch this" and yeah they are this or that....I thought he was going to kick me off the bed and out of the room at one point....LOL 
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!