News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

defiance

One thing I have to say---
You won the challenge, and it gained you.......  3 seconds :P

Just curious if you realized that the times were so close when you ran the challenge?  Me personally, I know the times were very close - but not 3 seconds close.  I'd have cruised it and let 'em have it :D

Yep, both the f150 guys AND the lotus guys went down a notch in my book.

Yeah, the f150 guys were being crybabies.  Come on, you KNOW you speed when the situation allows, too.  For the rest of the entire competition, at least two, maybe ALL the other competitors are going to try their best to catch you at it.  Good work.

But having said that, getting caught is the chance you take when you DO break the rules.  The Lotus & honda teams brought the situation on themselves.

Getting into a confrontation over it just shows they all need to step up a notch on the maturity scale :P

Brock Samson

i missed last weeks show and was pretty bummed,..
love this show  you guys are still in it and that's a good thing!
i can see there was a pretty steep learning curve,  :scratchchin:  time to stop and get some Depends! 

SRT-440

f150 guys have HUGE egos too..did they really think their tank would be able to pull a better time in the quarter than that Lotus??? So why push it so hard and run into the bricks? DUH. I'm sure some of the rules for "no speeding" are to keep Spikes liablity down some..I mean I'm sure they didn't want 7 vehicles doing 100+ mph on the streets..guess who would get sued? 

Who wouldn't want a black Charger with a back seat full of cookies to win?  :rofl:

TEAM CHARGER: COOKIE POWERED  :yesnod:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

jackel440

holy cow,man i was sweat'n it mike!!!!!
when the camera showed you guys on the platform at the end i thought you tw0 were going to freak out. :yesnod:
I know i would have.
I think everyone has said all there is needed about the stupid Phord guys. :RantExplode:
I applaud you guys for how proffesional and respectful you guys acted.awesome sportsman ship :2thumbs:
I can't wait till next week ;)

Lee01

Mike, got a question for you; Do you know if Spike will offer some kind of DVD set with like never seen footage and deleted scene or what you shouldn't have miss kinda thing??? That would be nice!! Couple hours of extra footage!  :popcrn: :drool5:
Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

Steve P.

Yes, Mike and Jim have been making us all proud. Holding their tongues. Smokin the challenges. Now things are going to be much more intense. I think the 57 Chevy was kind of a fall back for everyone else and now the pressure is on..

My bet is that the previously cocky brothers will let the #1 position go to their heads and reallllllllyl screw up soon. Maybe even the next show.. From first place to PACKIN..

Mike, did they ship your car to the starting point and do they ship it back when people get handed their keys??

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

ck1

OOOOOOHHHHHH I was trying not to watch this show because its on to late for me because I get up at 4:30 am for work but I stayed up and watched and had a BULLRUN DREAM! its like Mike an his buddy are old firends! great show! I guess its gonna be worth losing a couple hours sleep I'm hooked! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh me need sleepy
CJK

NYCMille

Lee01 - I know they will offer a DVD of the series, I just hope it has all the outtakes because there is A LOT of funny stuff that you guys don't see...

Steve P.  - if you got the boot on the show you were sequestered at and the car was loaded onto the trailer until the end of filming, they didn't want anyone going anywhere.

defiance - Ya' know I don't think we even noticed the time difference... we only knew were behind and we need to make up a space.

defiance

Yeah, I didn't notice either at first - I was all excited that you guys moved up -then it showed the graphic with you guys switching and I realized it was 3 seconds, and thought about the "pucker" moment you guys must have had when you were coming up on that second banner, hoping to stop it in time ...

Either way, though, that was one damn good run! :D 

F-150 - defeated by the lotus in the brick drag
Lotus - defeated by the charger in the bus challenge
T/A - defeated by the lotus in the drift
Olds- defeated by the chevy in the slalom
honda - defeated by lambo in the bus challenge

The charger, however, remains undefeated in the challenges!

The70RT

Hey Mike. So how much more did the GV do on your mpg? You also got the other tank installed.......that has to help some. The speedo prob. kinda threw your mpg calculations off.....glad you didn't run out.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dm69charger

Great Job Mike and Jim!!!   :icon_smile_tongue:

Made me sweat bullets at the end though.   :sick:

I had a hard time sleeping thinking about that brick wall and 3 seconds.   :brickwall:  Not worth it.

Just curious -  Was the speed limit posted 80 MPH?  If not everybody was speeding. :devil:

So, if my calculations are correct - 6 teams left and 3 episodes left = 2 teams eliminated next two episodes and a face off on the last episode? Hmmmmmmmm!!!

I know you can't tell so please don't.  Just an observation.

An immovable object vs an irresistible force  :brickwall:.  What a moron. :icon_smile_blackeye:

- Don
(2) 1969 Chargers

SeattleCharger

Great episode.  So cool to have  cool Mike and Jim on the show in the bad azz '68.   Awesome job on the quarter drag and stop challenge. :2thumbs:

Sry to see the Mexicans go, dang it. 

Why did the Ford even try?  Can't beat 11.5, but maybe figured if he didn't have to brake for the wall, was interesting chance to take, but still seemed hopeless to beat that time and risk messing up the truck for good.  That didn't look like duct tape repair, looked like he got a bunch of new parts from the dealership, come one, BS, maybe the show people figured having everyone hate him more would make for some good shows in the future. 

That arguing scene was intense.  F 150 calling that guy bi polar, LLOOOWWWW blow, that Ford guy shouldn't have said that.   and he did try lying to them and they called him on it, then he tried to lie about his lying,  I would have been pissed if I was that big Lotus guy and I couldn't punch that video taping lying punk in the face, sry, just saying.      Great episode,   VIVA LA MEXICANS. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Lee01

Bullrun is fake!! They are all actors!!! >:( >:( >:(Just kinding of course :icon_smile_big:

Mike ever got the remark that you look like Rob Schneider?  :P

Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Lee01 on April 18, 2007, 10:16:33 AM
Bullrun is fake!! They are all actors!!! >:( >:( >:(Just kinding of course :icon_smile_big:

Mike ever got the remark that you look like Rob Schneider?  :P

???               :shruggy:           :slap:

HITMAN 149

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on April 17, 2007, 10:32:24 PM
guys...     ya'll need to give the F-150 guys some slack....      think about it...     they are competing for $200,000.00...       If ANY of you wouldnt try to get some competition kicked off because of FELONY WRECKLESS DRIVING then I must say that you are all very odd.  I would pull any trick to get one less competitor in the competition. I have unfortunately not seen the episode yet...    maybe my opinion will change but it seems at this point pretty clear cut....

thunder....
as a  :police: i'd hardley consider driving 80-100mph on a straight road..in a straight line " FELONY WRECKLESS DRIVING"!! TRUST ME....i've seeeeeen RECKLESS driving accidents!!!!! ("felony reckless driving"-not what we call it in the real :police: world..that's L.A. tv cop world lingo!!!)hahaha!!! but good episode tonight!!! had me a lil worried in the end!!!! but knew it would be ok!!!!
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

TUFCAT

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on April 18, 2007, 10:15:00 AM
       Why did the Ford even try?  Can't beat 11.5, but maybe figured if he didn't have to brake for the wall, was interesting chance to take, but still seemed hopeless to beat that time and risk messing up the truck for good.  That didn't look like duct tape repair, looked like he got a bunch of new parts from the dealership, come one, BS, maybe the show people figured having everyone hate him more would make for some good shows in the future. 

I have a sneaking feeling that Spike TV pushed or "heavilly persuaded" the F150 guys to go into the wall for sensationalism. They have to figure because its a truck, the damage would be less substantial, and of course, nobody else would even consider trying that stunt. Given the fact that the F150 guys may have been pushed into this situation, that could be why they got all the extra time (and some new parts it seems) to continue to participate in the nightime challenge. My guess is they called the Ford dealer for those guys - feeling guilty - - and then made it look like that Skoal dipping arrogant, A-hole did the work himself.  Speaking of the damage it sustained, it almost apears they had the  "evidence tampered with".  That plastic grille held up pretty damn good dontcha think?? - -  while the headlights sustained most of the damage?  That's a huge steamy pile of B.S.     

Mike, we know you can't comment on this one... !

PocketThunder

Quote from: TUFCAT on April 18, 2007, 12:01:21 PM

I have a sneaking feeling that Spike TV pushed or "heavilly persuaded" the F150 guys to go into the wall for sensationalism. They have to figure because its a truck, the damage would be less substantial, and of course, nobody else would even consider trying that stunt. Given the fact that the F150 guys may have been pushed into this situation, that could be why they got all the extra time (and some new parts it seems) to continue to participate in the nightime challenge. My guess is they called the Ford dealer for those guys - feeling guilty - - and then made it look like that Skoal dipping arrogant, A-hole did the work himself.  Speaking of the damage it sustained, it almost apears they had the  "evidence tampered with".  That plastic grille held up pretty damn good dontcha think?? - -  while the headlights sustained most of the damage?  That's a huge steamy pile of B.S.     

i was thinking that same thing this morning.  They probably made some agreement with the Ford guys to get them to go thru the wall.   :brickwall:

Good shows so far Mike.  Might be time to go for a time bonus if the courses are shorter now and you have the gas mileage handicap... 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SeattleCharger

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 18, 2007, 12:11:00 PM

i was thinking that same thing this morning.  They probably made some agreement with the Ford guys to get them to go thru the wall.   :brickwall:

Good shows so far Mike.  Might be time to go for a time bonus if the courses are shorter now and you have the gas mileage handicap... 

Ever since I've been watching this show, and not caring much for the ford always winning, I could not help figuring Ford Motor Co. must be a behind the scenes sponsor/producer of this show.  Can it be that much of a "coincidence" how much Ford F-150, as a truck in general, not the team I mean, is getting such huge promotion and free advertising by being on this show and winning so many times?  how much is that truck shown compared to the other cars?  seems like plenty, and now they run through a brick wall and the next scene the headlights and radiator all look new with a little duct tape?  hah, anyone else ever think this about Ford promoting this show behind the scenes?  talk about free advertising for the big selling F 150.  not saying it is true, but if it was true I would not be surprised.  The money involved.  How much is a 15 second commercial in prime time these days?  and the white F 150, winning in the show over and over and showing the truck so much, and beating a Lamborgini in the slolem course, and now the brick wall? talk about coincidences for Ford in showing the F 150 in this light, come on, its all most hard to believe, how much is that worth to Ford?  millions and millions easy, to get that much promotion, if it was through reg. tv ads and  magazine articles, etc. etc., they could not get this kind of promotion for the F 150, Ford Truck Division must be creaming themselves over this show,

68chrgrwife

Well, I'll say that I was on the edge of my bed last night....hubby was saying..their gone...I said no way not gonna happen.....I was so relieved when they said that it was the mexicans, although who are we all gonna laugh at now?  Mike and Jim are funny, but the mexicans are hysterical.  Jim, you should put out a book of one liners dude....you are awesome.  Good luck next week, hubby says you guys are the next to go, there is no way for you to compete (and he OWNS a 68 Charger...shame on him).  I have the faith you'll do fine....You guys are gonna rock......
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

PocketThunder

Now that i think back to the opening credits of the show they do show the ford truck going thru the block wall dont they?  Might have to pay more attention to the opening credits now to see what might happen in the future.  or, i mean, back to the future.. :rofl:

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

HAZZARDJOHN

Not to be a stickler cause I agree with your overall point but the Gril of the F-150 had a Billet Cover and that was pushed into the ac condensor. From head on it looked un broken but the up close shots mad it clear that it was busted up good.

~HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

71bee

AWESOME SHOW!!!

The wife & I finally had the chance to sit down and watch our first episode last night. Mike & Jim, you guys ROCK!!!  :2thumbs:

love the car (yes, I said "CAR." 01 and absolutely ONLY the  01) and was pleasantly suprised to see that you folks were out in my neck-o-the woods! Hell, you should've stopped by our place for a couple of nice 3.2% brewskis!!! lol! anyway, we wish you guys the best of luck with this series. yah'll had us sweatin' bullets last night.

GO TEAM CHARGER!!!!

NYCMille

Let me say this... things on the show are edited by the producers but NEVER at anytime was ANYTHING scripted on that show. The F-150 did not have any type of deal with Ford, nor did they receive anything. Believe me, if that was the case I would have LOVED for Dodge to have contacted me, but as of yet... zippo contact with anyone. Oh well...

Brian and Jason also hated eachother... still do for that matter.

As for the wall, I just wished they could've shown my interaction with the producers after I saw Jasons truck as they simply did not give a sh*t about about anyone's car. That being said, no one told Jason to hit the wall at 100+mph either.

If there had been no camera's there most of the producers on the show would have taken away on stretchers.  I'll be perfectly honest, I am a very nice, low key guy until I get upset when people blatently lie to me... as it was there was not one person on the production team that EVER spoke to Me or Jim alone and there were reasons for that that I cannot get into except to say that there is a reason that plate on the Charger says "MR ANGRY"...  :flame:

defiance

I don't know about that ford sponsorship - you're right that it all seems a bit odd, but I was caught off-guard by the transition from a close-up of the grill all busted to hell to the close-up of a grill of a GMC for the commercial - no segway or anything, just busted-up-ford -> new-shiny-gmc - lol
I don't know if the order of commercials is the same everywhere, but that's what it was for me!