News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling_Thunder

guys...     ya'll need to give the F-150 guys some slack....      think about it...     they are competing for $200,000.00...       If ANY of you wouldnt try to get some competition kicked off because of FELONY WRECKLESS DRIVING then I must say that you are all very odd.  I would pull any trick to get one less competitor in the competition. I have unfortunately not seen the episode yet...    maybe my opinion will change but it seems at this point pretty clear cut....

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Mopar440+6

WOW! :o Crazy episode tonight boys!

I heard 1/4 mile drag race and I was jumping up and down - till I heard block wall. I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit at that point. But you guys pulled it out! Again, awesome driving Mike!

The end had me worried though. That was really close! Hate to see the '57 boys go but it's better than seeing you guys leave. Like "Big Jim" said, "It's hard to see them go at this point but the $200K makes it that much easier to say 'See Ya!'"

Keep on kickin @$$ and takin names!!!
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

TUFCAT

Rolling Thunder. You'll see.... team F150 will be a target for EVERBODY. It was bad strategy. Best to stay under the radar in a competition like this.   

Steve P.

Thunder, it isn't just the stunt they pulled tonight. They have been asses from the beginning. Of course everyone is looking at the $$$$$$$$$$..  The thing about tonight was that they acted as though they have not done anything out of the box themselves. They were damn sure speeding last week or the week before when they were racing other cars on the highway!! 

Anyway, I hope everyone in the show is pissed at them and put him in every challenge from now on..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

JR

The F-150 guys came off as spoiled pricks who whined when it looked like they wouldn't be first. That was a real chicken@$%# move on their part. Everyone has to have sped at some point. Its a race afterall. But the tattletale thing is BS. I actually like the lotus guys over the truck guys. Hell, i can even like Dirty and Paris. At least they said from the start they were there to win, not make friends. You notice, since they were given a second chance, they seem to have a better attitude now.

It really sucks the Mexicans lost basically cuz of a bathroom break. Guess he really had to go. I had one major lump in my throat watching that elimination round tonight. Mike and Jim, you guys are awesome. Maybe after some practice I can memorize the witches junk in a brass bra one liner.

Also, I was thinking about this earlier. I'm glad to see the Charger crowd represented with two very intellegent New Yorkers in an awesome machine, instead of some goofy mullet wearing slack jawed yokel hillbilly that plays banjo in a goofy looking modified car with it's tail end 3 feet in the air like most movies do.   Mr. Angry should generate alot more respect for the Mopar community.

And so I don't catch any flack from that last statement, I live in Central Alabama, and love the Dukes of Hazzard.  The general hollywood perception of Mopars seem to be like that Primered Duster in Dazed and confused, and that black 68 in that Cannonball run movie. I'll get off my soapbox now.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Steve P.

Mike, how much time were those turds given to fix their truck? Better question, WHY WERE THEY ALLOWED TO FIX THEIR TRUCK?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TUFCAT

I agree. The Nissan and Mustang team were eliminated for mechanical problems that kept them from running. The F150 A-holes did this to themselves --  and then they get time to fix it??  Gimme a break, what did they think would happen if they smashed into a brick wall? I would love to know if Mike (or the other teams) protested the rationale given by Bullrun.

Khyron

Quote from: Steve P. on April 17, 2007, 10:41:34 PM
Mike, how much time were those turds given to fix their truck? Better question, WHY WERE THEY ALLOWED TO FIX THEIR TRUCK?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I know, I still say it's bull$hit, if you can't run, you're disqualified. That was what was said in the beginning.

I CALL FOUL GOLDBURG!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

NYCMille

So um... yea, this was a tense one no?

Man... there is SOOO much I want to tell you all but simply can't. I will tell what I can.

First off the tire pressure. Back in Episode 4 when the Mustang got sacked we ran through the mountains in CA. During that leg Jim and I nailed a pothole at about 70 denting the right front rim of the Charger (they just never showed this). Since that time the tire would always loose pressure up until it had about 20lbs. This killed us, it threw off the handling and alignment and made the steering wheel vibrate like a mutha'. Every leg we would have too stop and fill up the tire when we got gas.

Next was the speedo... we had no idea that it was off by 5mph. That is HUUUGE in a competition like this when all the legs are timed. 5 mph over 4000 miles is A LOT of time wasted. But now we know this....

Jim really is a funny dude, he had me cracking up the entire time... we had nothing but laughs the whole trip.

The challenge... I saw that and was like NO WAY! The truck had MAJOR damage and unfortunately I can't go into any more details about it... for that I apologize, the was some big arguements on set about it though. The wall was only 60 feet behind the last barrier so it was hard not to go balls out because we simply didn't know where to stop... that freaked the both of us out, but we pulled it off, so worries.

As for the Mexican's, well... lets just say that was the most expensive crap in history... I hated to see them go, but it's 200k on the line and we wanted it, so adios muchacho's...

I'm hitting the sack, but I'll answer any and all questions in tomorrow.

Also, thanks again, you guys (and girls) make me feel important!

Mike

Steve P.

I think they should have been allowed to call a tow truck and should have had to push it across the start and finish lines.. Let them fix it at night while the others are sleeping as everyone before them had to..

Goldberg, I know you are reading all this. I second the motion to FOUL...    :flame:

By the way, love the show...    ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TUFCAT

Really? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Goldberg reads this ???  - Uh oh, we better be nice  :icon_smile_wink:

Troy

I had to wonder if it was worth chancing a wreck into a wall to swap three minutes in time but I suppose it was (although I forgot to check the time difference at the elimination). The Ford guy was stupid to risk knocking himself out of the race after the Lotus just turned the fastest time by a long shot. The Lotus took off, accelerated, and stopped in less than time than the F-150 could possibly get up to speed. Simple physics. Even at full bore they were over three seconds off the Lotus' time and probably caused several thousand dollars worth of damage. It will be interesting to see if they broke/loosened anything else and missed fixing it. It was a poor choice for the F-150 crew to snitch when they did because it dropped them way down. It's not so bad though because the times restart each show.

I have been trying to figure out if "getting caught" means by the police, camera crew, or other teams. I have to believe that you were allowed almost anything as long as the other competitors didn't find out and you weren't ticketed. The Olds guys were actually busted for speeding and didn't get a penalty (or ticket) remember? From what has been mentioned before there was a whole lot of speeding going on when the Lambo was still in it but I remember Mike saying the rules weren't heavily enforced at the beginning.

On the speedometer thing - I'd say it's off by more than 5 mph. The Olds and TransAm caught up and they were only doing 75 which means the Charger was doing less than that to lose their lead.

I'm continually impressed by the Charger and its crew. I must say that you guys look the most composed and I'm hoping that's not edited for TV. The car handles (and looks) awesome too. I'd have lost the race already because I'd have stopped every 10 miles for a "photo op" with the car and the scenery. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Steve P.

Quote from: Troy on April 17, 2007, 11:05:56 PM
I'd have lost the race already because I'd have stopped every 10 miles for a "photo op" with the car and the scenery. ;)

Troy

Hahaha.... Yeah, I remember at the Big Daddy show.. You didn't walk by much without shooting at least 5 pics. of everything....   :rofl:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Sorry I'm a details type guy...

About all those stickers and stuff on your car.  Are they magnetic or what?  I sure as heck wouldn't want to put actual decals on my beautiful car. 

How did you know you only had 20 pounds of air in the tire?  Do you have a gauge in the car?  And if so, where can I get me one of them puppies?
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

MoparManJim

Mike, I half to say I think you and Jim are doing one heck of a very good job man! I been trying to keep up with the show, I thought I was recording the episode tonight when I seen that my vcr wasn't an that was after the deal with the F-150 guys, then I got the vcr recording as I was alittle busy when the show was on but I was trying to watch it at the same time. At the end with the times you had me on the very edge of my sofa here when as when Goldburg was telling who had what time and I seen you guys wasn't up there yet, when it came down to the last two I was like "please please don't let Mike and Mr'Angry get the boot" and I was like just setting here on the edge of the sofa like I was froze for afew minutes and then when he mention that the Mexcians was out I was like dang but at least it wasn't you though. 

How far off is the speedo? is it - or + speed? I'm also watching the show for Morgan as while, man shes pertty LOL.. and I also think she also knows how to drive a car from what I seen of next week episode in the clips. 

You take it easy and also "good luck" man. 

Jim

Old Moparz

Hey Mike, glad you didn't get caught slipping the Ex-Lax into Cesar's burrito the night before.  :D

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TruckDriver

Quote from: Troy on April 17, 2007, 11:05:56 PM
It will be interesting to see if they broke/loosened anything else and missed fixing it.
:iagree:

Going through all those bricks must have did more damage then you could see. I was suprized it didn't take out the windshield and or a tire, or put a hole in the oil pan or something. I hope they go down soon. I hate winers. :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ChargerRT440

They're lucky the airbags didn't go off. They'd of been out for sure. That hit probably was 90% of the impact you'd need to set off the airbags

Steve P.

I'm sure they pulled the SIR fuse before doing that stunt..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

68isgr8

Like what everyone else had said, I was on the edge of my seat when it came to the challenge...nice job by the way.  :icon_smile_wink: My hubby watched the show for the first time tonight and really got into it. Good to see you're still in the running!  :drive:

Ponch ®

Damn...good episode tonite. I hated to see the vatos go, but when you gotta "go", you gotta go. I had been wanting to ask about that - like if anyone had ever had to take a dump real bad or something, but I thought some might consider it to be in bad taste...and inconsequential. :scratchchin:

Having said that, at least Team Charger made it through another leg.

PS - can we please stop using the words "mike" "jim" and "speedo off" in the same sentence? Im having nightmares.... ;D
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Rolling_Thunder

Mike...    a question for you - it seems with the staggered starts you are usually first off the block...    meaning you are ahead...   I was thinking about tonight's episode and wondered...    i know you like going 80mph for the sake of being a nice law abiding citizen and all...    but at night and a staggered start...   what keeps you from say running at 84 or 85 and slowly creeping out ahead ?  it seemed noone wanted to go over 80mph and was just curious because aside from camera crews who would ever know? 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

BrianShaughnessy

If it wasn't for the lack of Helmet heaving I was extremely worried for Mike and Jim watching this show.    I'm not a fan of either the F150 crew or the brothers but it seems like the ferd crew can do no wrong ( ::) ) and the others went and got their poop together.

There's some cheap small 12 volt compressors available at parts stores or even places like Harbor Freight - please get one before you head out to Montreal!  Or fix-a-flat or whatever.     Hope you got your speedo recalculated too! 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

NYCMille

That show was a little nerve racking for both me and Jim. When I had the GV unit put in I guess it wasn't calibrated correctly. The problem has since been corrected. As for the speeding... we had chase vans behind us "most" of the time, so we had to try and be accurate with our speed - from the helicopter shots you can't see the vans behind us because they drop out of site, but trust me, they were there.
I'm sure they pulled the SIR fuse before doing that stunt.
.... no comment on this one  ::)

The truck was MESSED UP... and there was A LOT of editing - again, that's all I can say about that one.  ::)\

Now it REALLY starts to get interesting though so stay tuned.

Khyron

Quote from: NYCMille on April 17, 2007, 10:53:32 PM

The challenge... I saw that and was like NO WAY! The truck had MAJOR damage and unfortunately I can't go into any more details about it... for that I apologize, the was some big arguements on set about it though. The wall was only 60 feet behind the last barrier so it was hard not to go balls out because we simply didn't know where to stop... that freaked the both of us out, but we pulled it off, so worries.

Mike

I can respect you not being able to get into it more, but I can  :D It was BS and I don't think anyone here will disagree. The rules that they seems to love so much just get thrown out the window because they break their truck pulling an a$$hole stunt like trying to beat a lotus? I don't care. and I hope Goldberg is reading this. It's a FOUL. Plain and simple. They better not win.

because I personally will not be able to respect that decision....ever. People get 5 min for speeding, but they get how many min to fix their truck?  :ahum: it's 100%, pure grade, Prime USDA chuck :icon_bs:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.