News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Quote from: bull on April 02, 2007, 01:54:11 AM
Sorry for the bump, I just can't bear to see this thread on page 2. :icon_smile_wink:

I agree, I would of stickied this post a long time ago.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Hemidoug

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 02, 2007, 09:06:35 AM
Quote from: bull on April 02, 2007, 01:54:11 AM
Sorry for the bump, I just can't bear to see this thread on page 2. :icon_smile_wink:

I agree, I would of stickied this post a long time ago.

Yea, I asked Chris to sticky it a while ago...How about it Mods? Can we get a sticky please?
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Troy

It had never fallen off the first page until a couple of hours yesterday evening... ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

NYCMille

SeattleChargerDog  - Hey man... ok, let me answer some of these questions for you.

- The GV over/underdrive unit - it acts as gear-splitter so-to-speak. Instead of having a standard 3-speed 727 think of it like this. Now you have 1st/1st over, 2nd/2nd over, 3rd/3rd over... it splits every gear - works on both manual and automatic trannies and really just makes the car a pleasure to drive. For example my standard rear is a 3:55 but when in OD it drop to a 2.76... I run about 2850rpm at 80mph.

- You can lower car just by cranking the torsion bars down, but you will have to most likely get a new alignment and it offset the castor/camber of the front end. We put on the adjustable control arms to cure this. As for the rear - I have the pre-lowered hemi leafs with 1" lowering blocks... works out great.

As for the other parts - are they bolt on yes... do they just "bolt-on" NO! Almost everything we did had to be modified in some way or another to make it fit and more importantly FUNCTION properly. If you are doing anything but a stock resto. where you incorporate aftermarket parts make sure you get it in your head early that even if the manufacturer says it will fit... it most likely won't. Then there is the testing, the pulling apart, then more testing, then more pulling...etc. etc. etc... It took me 3.5 years to get this car to the point it's at now.

LL1 1967 Coronet

Mike, just curious, do you work at a shop...or do you do all of this stuff iin your garage (under the car and on your back   :icon_smile_sad: - - the old fashioned way). With all the testing of the different mods you have, a hoist would sure be nice!!  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

NYCMille

Unfortunately I don't have a shop... I'm actually a web administrator by trade, go figure. A lot of these mods. were done via trial and error. When I first got the car I actually didn't really know too much about Mopars as whole but over the last 3.5 years I've educated myself by asking countless questions (thank you DC.com) and looking at the results of other people's combinations. I knew what I wanted the end result to be but the problem was that no one (that I knew of anyway) had set-up a 2nd gen. Charger in a pro-touring fashion the way that I wanted to do it when I first got the car, plus a lot people told me I'd never a big 2nd gen. handle and corner properly  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ... tell that to the Lotus on the show!

I went through A LOT of wasted time and money before I got the car the way I wanted it - again, due to lack of experience on my part. A lot the credit goes to my buddy Peter Bergman of XV Motorsports - he REALLY helped me sort the car out and really acted a mentor for what I wanted to do since he had in fact already done this with his 71 Dart GT (which is EVIL BTW) "http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2593810". Things that bolt on... no worries, but engines, trannies and rears I just don't have the knowledge yet... I learn a little bit daily.

LL1 1967 Coronet

WOW!!  That's one Kickass Dart!  :coolgleamA: It has a lot of the same agressive touches Mr. Angry does...without going over the top. It looks like they were built with the same "personality"  (evil - like Mike says)   ...Hmmmm - could this be "Mr. Evil" !  :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue: 

bull

Quote from: NYCMille on April 02, 2007, 10:27:13 AM
SeattleChargerDog  - Hey man... ok, let me answer some of these questions for you.

- The GV over/underdrive unit - it acts as gear-splitter so-to-speak. Instead of having a standard 3-speed 727 think of it like this. Now you have 1st/1st over, 2nd/2nd over, 3rd/3rd over... it splits every gear - works on both manual and automatic trannies and really just makes the car a pleasure to drive. For example my standard rear is a 3:55 but when in OD it drop to a 2.76... I run about 2850rpm at 80mph.

I had a Browning variable speed drive (I guess it was called) behind the trans. in a Kenworth truck that did the same thing, except it split each gear four times instead of two. That's a lot of shifting if you use them all.

Charger_Fan

When you listed all the suspension mods last week, I had wondered if XV Motorsports had a hand in there at some point. I'd say that shows right there how well their setup works on these cars, pretty cool. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Troy

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on April 02, 2007, 03:39:59 PM
When you listed all the suspension mods last week, I had wondered if XV Motorsports had a hand in there at some point. I'd say that shows right there how well their setup works on these cars, pretty cool. :yesnod:
I *think* the only XV stuff on the car is the rad support brace. The technical advice is the big one! I read a lot of Peter's posts on Moparts for uh, something. Trying to get "bolt-ons" to fit is a lesson in frustration for the most part.

Troy

NYCMille

We actually have the subframe connectors, inner fender well braces and radiator support all welded in. The only part we're missing is the underhood engine brace and that is coming soon - all together these made a HUGE difference and should get even better when the engine brace is installed.

Dave22443

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Troy

Quote from: NYCMille on April 02, 2007, 07:25:37 PM
We actually have the subframe connectors, inner fender well braces and radiator support all welded in. The only part we're missing is the underhood engine brace and that is coming soon - all together these made a HUGE difference and should get even better when the engine brace is installed.
Ah, the last update I read only mentioned the rad support. I was wondering about those inner fender braces too. I like stuff that people can't see too easily. :D

Troy

SeattleCharger

Where's the dodgecharger.com sticker on the side of the car?   That would be cool.   :icon_smile_wink:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

BigJim

Hey Mike,
Don't you think that Jim is the best navigator that ever lived...so far?!?
Big Jim

General_01

Quote from: BigJim on April 02, 2007, 09:54:46 PM
Hey Mike,

I think you are a little biased in your opinion Jim. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

71ChallengeHer

Hey Mike,
Jim. I'm glad you signed on. My daughter watches Bullrun with me. And she thinks you are too funny.  She just came down about an hour ago to say goodnight. And she asks  "We're watching Bullrun tomorrow night? Right? " And you are a good navigator. :2thumbs: Also, congrats.

TruckDriver

Quote from: General_01 on April 02, 2007, 10:09:53 PM
Hey Mike,

I think you are a little biased in your opinion Jim. :icon_smile_big:

:iagree: :smash:

Welcome aboard Jim. Although, now we'll have to be carfull as to what we say about you :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

NYCMille

I guess we'll find out tonight... won't we there Big Jim.... Glad you finally registered :yesnod:

LL1 1967 Coronet

The Bullrun Lambo got bid up to to $167,600 on Ebay but still did not hit reserve. That seems like a lot :vert:.  I have no idea what a car like that is worth  :scratchchin:, with TV history (with 22k on the clicker and needing 25K in repairs). Does anybody have an idea how much it sold for new?? 

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

HITMAN 149

welcome aboard (BIG) JIM!!! hahaha!!!
so jim... what was it like sittin there next to mike the whole time & not being able to drive the beast!!!!!!! or does he let you from time to time?!?!? (not specifically on the show, but in general??) and i must say...you two are the friggin funniest!!!
cooool.... now we'll get another perspective on the show....and i bet you won't goof on mike at all!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!! :D
:devil:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

pettyfan43

Quote from: LL1 1967 Coronet on April 03, 2007, 09:00:57 AM
The Bullrun Lambo got bid up to to $167,600 on Ebay but still did not hit reserve. That seems like a lot :vert:.  I have no idea what a car like that is worth  :scratchchin:, with TV history (with 22k on the clicker and needing 25K in repairs). Does anybody have an idea how much it sold for new?? 

Did they fis the damage and the Clutch? (plus whatever else busted on that thing) 

sorry, I ain't impressed, seems like so far it has spent more time on a wrecker than on the road.

pettyfan43

Glad to see you here Jim.

This discussion gets fun sometimes!

bull

Hey Mike,

You guys made it back home so "that Jim" must be ok.