News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chrgrwife

Quote from: roscoe_p.coltrane on March 30, 2007, 05:20:31 PM
:scratchchin:
I wonder if Mike is getting paid for all this free advertising for spike tv and the show? 

probably NOT, but at least he is tooting his own horn...LOL
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

mikepmcs

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on March 30, 2007, 04:13:21 PM
lamer (if that is even a word and possible). 

Lamer is a jargon or slang name originally applied in cracker and phreaker culture to someone who didn't really understand what he was doing. Today it is also loosely applied by IRC, BBS, and online gaming users to anyone perceived to be contemptible. In general, the term has come to describe someone who is intentionally ignorant of how things work.

The term is derived from lame. A lamer is widely understood to be the antithesis of a hacker. While a hacker strives to understand the mechanisms behind what he uses, even when such extended knowledge would have no practical value, a lamer only cares to learn the bare minimum necessary to operate the device in the way originally intended. Thus, a lamer is usually indistinguishable from someone who is too lame to understand why something works even if they wanted to. A lamer's attitude is summed up by the phrase, "I don't care how it works, just that it does".

lamer has become a word misused in meaning, in the way that stupid, gay, and retarded are misused to describe something contemptible.

Generally, the more specialized and developed the culture, the more lamer is used as it was defined originally.

Mostly used in the PC gaming world now.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

68chrgrwife

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 30, 2007, 06:21:51 PM
Quote from: 68chrgrwife on March 30, 2007, 04:13:21 PM
lamer (if that is even a word and possible). 

Lamer is a jargon or slang name originally applied in cracker and phreaker culture to someone who didn't really understand what he was doing. Today it is also loosely applied by IRC, BBS, and online gaming users to anyone perceived to be contemptible. In general, the term has come to describe someone who is intentionally ignorant of how things work.

The term is derived from lame. A lamer is widely understood to be the antithesis of a hacker. While a hacker strives to understand the mechanisms behind what he uses, even when such extended knowledge would have no practical value, a lamer only cares to learn the bare minimum necessary to operate the device in the way originally intended. Thus, a lamer is usually indistinguishable from someone who is too lame to understand why something works even if they wanted to. A lamer's attitude is summed up by the phrase, "I don't care how it works, just that it does".

lamer has become a word misused in meaning, in the way that stupid, gay, and retarded are misused to describe something contemptible.

Generally, the more specialized and developed the culture, the more lamer is used as it was defined originally.

Mostly used in the PC gaming world now.

v/r
Mike

thanks Mike...it's good to know that if I need a dictionary or thesarus I got you as a friend....LOL
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

skip68

Damn Mike you are GOOD! :yesnod: :notworthy: I guess that's why we keep ya?  :devil: haha! Just kiddin! hey it's friday night, I am allowed to be "spunky!" :D Have a good one!
Mrs.Skip68
;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

It's on Spike right now vice the normal Saturday slot of 11AM.  It's 2PM EST.

Wonder if that's a ratings thing?

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

NYCMille

Someone asked earlier if I got paid to talk about the show... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wish... it's just really fun to have people interested in it and be able to answer questions on it...

Dave22443

Almost as much fun as we have talking to a real life celebrity!   :icon_smile_wink:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

NHCharger

Just read thru the thread on the T/A board. Mike, the owner of the T/A is a true gearhead, you've got to respect him, even if he is a GM guy.
Couple of interesting things he mentioned.
He inflicted 7k in damage to his T/A during the series.
The Scion had 10-20k in motor work done by Toyota. Too bad they didn't spend that money on teaching the girls how to read a map ::)
The Lotus was bought and brought into the States special by lotus for the race and was tuned by Lotus. Is this true Mike? If so it makes Mr. Angry's stomping of the Lotus in the challenge that much sweeter.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

bull

This begs the question, how much damage in $$$ did Mike sustain to his car if any? Sounds like it did alright to me.. so far.

SuBLimE 69

Damn Mike, I hadn't even read this thread yet and I saw your MUG on Spike...I nearly shet meyself......!  Good Job man !  I quess this is what I get for dropping off the face of the earth huh.....

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

70charger_boy

Well, I did a little investigative work and noticed that the bullrun rally that mike is going to be in doesnt list him in it.  We all know he is in it so, does this mean he won the 200 grand?

LL1 1967 Coronet

Bull, Mr. Angry looked good as ever at last weeks beach post, and didn't sound like anything "major" happened. Hopefully, he only suffered the inevitable minor stone chips from 4,000 miles on the road, which could be touched up. Unfortunately, with a show car finish like that - any work can add up to BIG money really fast....  :'(

Regarding $7 grand damage to the T/A?  I wonder what happened??   :icon_smile_sad: Thats more than the front fascia and touch-up work. I guess we'll findout soon enough. It's 's a shame to see anybody lose that kind of money....pretty hard to call Geico and say you were in a road rally  :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue:....can you image THAT commercial?   ;)  "...Hey mate, I was driving my Trans Am in a road rally love, ....and as you can see, I'm a gecko"!   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

autodynamics

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: roscoe_p.coltrane on March 31, 2007, 08:42:47 PM
Well, I did a little investigative work and noticed that the bullrun rally that mike is going to be in doesnt list him in it.  We all know he is in it so, does this mean he won the 200 grand?
I posted a couple pages back, that someone told me the winner of the show gets to be in the real Bullrun. I'm not sure how true that is. :shruggy: Just something I heard.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

68chrgrwife

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on March 31, 2007, 09:31:46 PM
I posted a couple pages back, that someone told me the winner of the show gets to be in the real Bullrun. I'm not sure how true that is. :shruggy: Just something I heard.

well, the T/A is running it too....soooo......hhmmm
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on April 01, 2007, 12:56:15 AM

maybe 1st and 2nd place cars......... :scratchchin:

68chrgrwife

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on April 01, 2007, 02:35:34 AM
Quote from: 68chrgrwife on April 01, 2007, 12:56:15 AM

maybe 1st and 2nd place cars......... :scratchchin:

i guess we'll just have to wait and see.....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

NHCharger

Quote from: LL1 1967 Coronet on March 31, 2007, 08:50:28 PM

Regarding $7 grand damage to the T/A?  I wonder what happened??   

On the F150 forum the driver of the Ford P/U said that the T/A had some type of pole go through the headlight bucket and damaged the suspension.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

HITMAN 149

Quote from: autodynamics on March 31, 2007, 09:10:58 PM
my angry....and overchargd together

damn that's a fine lookin pair!!!!!!!!!!  :icon_smile_big:  and i must say MR ANGRY looks just a good as ever!!!! (for going thru bullrun!!!)
hmmmm wonder who would win for pinks?!?!?!? hhhhmmmmmmmmm???? LOL
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

NYCMille

Can't comment yet on the damage to the Pickup - I will when they show it, but as for the T/A - Mike busted up the headlight bucket on the first challenge and obtained some PVC pole scuffs in the paint. I think the only car that did't get any damage during this show was the Scion, but that was because they left 1st episode. :rotz:

HITMAN 149

NYC MIKE.....
MR ANGRY"S fan mail PM is full!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

bull

Sorry for the bump, I just can't bear to see this thread on page 2. :icon_smile_wink:

SeattleCharger

Mike, of the things on your car in your build list here, can all of these be bought aftermarket?  can you please briefly explain the gears vendor unit, is this like a fourth gear?  or is it acting like a 2spd. rear end, notice your sure grip is 3.55 with a 727 AT trans, I mean, what is it?   For initial lowering of car, are the new swaybar and torsion bar necessary?  or can stock 68 be lowered in front ?  I notice the magnum force upper control arms cure castor/camber issue, but will stock charger still lower and be somewhat alignable.  can you lower the rear with the block lowering kit and mod. leaf springs without the hemi leaf springs?   I guess I'm wondering about getting the car lowered initially for less dough.   Were all those brake mods bolt on items?  Thanks, Nate

· Gear Vendors Over/Underdrive Unit w/ final 2.76 ratio (one of the best mods - car totally streetable and can easily cruise a 80mph all day long)

· MagnumForce Racing fully adjustable tubular upper control arms (cures the castor/camber issue assoc. with a lowered car)
· Hotchkis 1 3/8" front swaybar
· Mopar Performance oversized front .960 torsion bars. Lowered to be just above bump stops.
· Mopar Performance 1" pre-lowered Hemi rear leaf springs; 1" block lowering kit for a total of 2" in the rear

Brakes:
· BAER Brakes Track System up front w/ 13.5" discs and PBR dual piston calipers (basically Corvette C4 calipers) on A-body spindles
· BAER Brakes Touring System in rear w/ 11" discs and PBR single pistion calipers w/ functional parking brake.
· Hydroboost hydraulic braking booster from HydraTech - replaces stock power booster and uses hydraulic pressure from power steering pump to acuate the pistons in the calipers - a MUST HAVE mod for those with aftermarket brakes and and engines making minimal vacuum.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.