News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

Strategy... think of it this way... if you come in first, everyone guns to bring you down, if you come in last, your kinda screwed, hang in the middle and you fly under the radar a little bit...  :D

Charger74

Quote from: NYCMille on March 28, 2007, 09:33:22 AM
Strategy... think of it this way... if you come in first, everyone guns to bring you down, if you come in last, your kinda screwed, hang in the middle and you fly under the radar a little bit...  :D

Makes perfect sense to me.  Keep up the good work Mike.

71ChallengeHer

Mike, I'm sure we all appreciate the time you take to answer all our questions.  Thank you.  I'm looking forward to next week .  I have my older brother hooked on the show.  And you have given him inspiration.  He's starting to sell off parts he has been sitting on for years.  And hopefully we'll see his Charger in the body shop very soon. Thanks again :2thumbs:

LL1 1967 Coronet

I'm sure the Lambo got its paint screwed up bad - being that low...EVERYTHING was hitting the hood!  Man.... I saw more stuff on its hood than landing on the ground. It was like a giant dustpan out there due to its wedged shape.  I can't beleive he did that. The bumper was screwed, but now the hood, roof, and possibly sides? I'll bet he never thought the F150 had a remote chance....given that, he should have used the spike poles. By the way,, if he controlled his right foot better, used the poles, and saved his paint - - he could have easilly won this challenge in my opinion -  (not taking away from F150 who was whipping his truck around like a McFlurry and looking like it was on rails) ..... Jeff in the Lambo is obviously a showman - - and putting on a show - - HE DID!    :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka:

LL1 1967 Coronet

Mike, I went to your myspace page...very cool.  :icon_smile_cool: "West Bound and Down" from Smokey and the Bandit was a great song choice!

LL1 1967 Coronet

Quote from: 4forty on March 21, 2007, 02:37:04 PM
Anyone see this yet??????......could this be the winning car?????   hhhmmmm?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lamborghini-Bullrun-Lamborghini_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6290QQitemZ220094655038QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Just for kicks, I went all the way back to page 10 for this. Lambo has 19 bids and up to $167,600. I don't know if thats high or low for a Lambo with 21K miles and needs a 20,000 front bumper and paint work.....but has some cool television H-I-S-T-O-R-Y!  :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

volk68

Last night's was a great show  :yesnod:

The Mexicans are hilarious and seem like great guys.  It was good to see them hang in for another week.  I felt pretty bad for the guys in the Mustang, as they were doing well, and it sucks to get elliminated with an engine problem.  The Olds guys are two of the most clueless people I have ever seen!

A couple of questions:

1.  Were you surprised to see how the Father/Daughter team was interacting with the other competitors?  They were seriously manipulative.  I liked them at first, but while they are fun to watch, I wouldn't want to have an alliance with them!

2.  At this point in the rally, had you had any problems or damage to the car, or was it still smooth sailing?

3.  Were you nervous going into the final leg of the race that you could be elliminated?

Ponch ®

Quote from: Dave22443 on March 27, 2007, 09:34:18 PM
I hope the Mexicans make it another week just for the comic relief. 

I hear that's why Troy keeps me around this site too.  :scratchchin:

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

volk68

Nah...we keep you around for your amazing insights on Mexican culture!  Who else would we ask about such things???

:D

NYCMille

Hey Volk -

Let me answers these for you - Team T/A: what you have to understand is that we had NO idea who they were talking to and or who they had alliances with... same way they didn't know about us... it just kinda worked out that way and it was really hard to figure out who was talking to who.

Up until this point the car was running like the rock star, although the altitude seriously crushed us. The car was actually running way to rich and we actually blowing raw fuel out the tailpipes at one point, but we didn't have any smaller jets so we just kept going - it got better when came down from the mountains - other than that the car was great.

We were actually a bit nervous which is why we went and got the time bonus - at this point we saw how much they were and just hoped we got there before anyone else... we did, so it worked out well in the end.

DC_1

Mike . still wondering what if any reimbersement Spike gave you guys for fuel and damages.

jasonfromIKILLYA

If the edit is making the mexicans look so far behind, and that you left them, I'm going to go ahead and say that Spike is setting the viewers up to be ready for the Mexicans to get eliminated soon.  Who wants to bet?  :)
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

NYCMille

Spike did provide us with a total of 2k in cash at the beginning of the rally - this was to serve as fuel money and was "supposed" to cover any all damages and or repairs along the way. Unfortunately I can't say too much more than that on this subject.... sorry dude. :-X

volk68

Quote from: NYCMille on March 28, 2007, 04:47:14 PM
Spike did provide us with a total of 2k in cash at the beginning of the rally - this was to serve as fuel money and was "supposed" to cover any all damages and or repairs along the way. Unfortunately I can't say too much more than that on this subject.... sorry dude. :-X

$2,000...I could probably go through that in gas alone  :icon_smile_blackeye:

I love my Charger, but she get's pretty thirsty when you get on her  :D

bull

Quote from: NYCMille on March 28, 2007, 09:28:38 AM
Hey guys -

Ok, a few things here. First off the Mexicans - honestly, they are two funniest people I have ever met. Ralph is just hilarious, comes up with the best one liners ever and he laughs just like Dom Deluise in Cannonball Run and Cesaer... with him, you just never know what he'll say - he was cracking us up the whole time, I think though his humor is really not made for TV, even cable, they make a great team though.

I don't know if it was Ralph or Cesar who said it but I loved the wisecrack about how, "Richie Rich's butler" in the Lambo got the last time bonus. Those guys are a hoot.

Quote from: NYCMille on March 28, 2007, 09:28:38 AM
As for my comment about people in Oregon - no offense meant BUT the people on the road that day were KILLING ME!! I have to say though that it was some of the most beautiful country I have seen - there was times when we were driving on PCH when we were simply blown aways by our surroundings. It was truely a surreal experience to be able to drive that route in the Charger and something that I will NEVER forget. I just wish they'd showed more of as it truely was amazing.

No offense taken. I was just goofing on you. It doesn't matter what state you're in, if you're in a hurry there always seems to be a dozen old people in Buicks right in front of you at every turn. But yea, Oregon is very beautiful -- that's why I live here. :icon_smile_big: Come back and see us sometime, we'll give you the nickle tour. :yesnod:

squeakfinder

Well Mike, if you were impressed with the scenery on those back roads in Washington,

its to bad you didn't make it down I-84 (the gorge) in Oregon. But, that probably wouldn't have been twisty and windy enough for the show.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

DC_1

Mike, thanks for answering what you could about what Spike picked up in the way of cost. I know there are probably contract issues that limit what you can discuss. I don't expect you to speak more than you are allowed to but just thinking out loud it makes me wonder why someone would go into this contest.  They are barely picking up your gas money and they are making you risk......no they are devising situations that will more than likely cause substantial damage to your vehicle. I know it is all in the quest for the grand prize but to even get that far in the competition many of you will have abused your pride and joy in the name of entertainment. I just don't know if I could do it. There must be more to the story than you are currently able to tell.

Dave22443

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

70charger_boy

I was so happy to see Mike and the Mexicans make it through another week.  I felt bad for ralph and caesar in the challenge though.  The turning radius on the chebby really sucks.

NYCMille

Believe me, i wish I could tell you guys everything... you would be amazed and in shock...   :yesnod:

Dave22443

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

DC_1

Quote from: NYCMille on March 28, 2007, 07:42:20 PM
Believe me, i wish I could tell you guys everything... you would be amazed and in shock...   :yesnod:

After these episodes air can you discuss things more or are you forever sworn to secrecy?

NYCMille

I'm sworn to secrecy to the tune of about 2 million dollars....

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: NYCMille on March 28, 2007, 07:42:20 PM
My guess they get paid something for every week they make it thru.

autodynamics

mike..... that a nice pic.... car looks awesome...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!