News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeattleCharger

I remember reading once on the site about someone's air dam, can't remember who's car it was, but on a b body charger I think, he was using an air dam from a 69 camaro , an RS or Z28 air dam?  I don't know if all 69 camaro's had the lower air dam, anyways, it looked good on the charger, I want some kind of air dam like Mike's car in the show, anyone know where to buy one? 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

LL1 1967 Coronet

I think it was a custom made air dam - -  we will have to wait for Mike to confirm that.  But it certainly looks like it came from the factory. Good job!

SeattleCharger

I remember RallyCarMike's Charger has an airdam on it.  Saw his car last summer at the dodgecharger.com meet in Kent  WA.,  cool car huh.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

RECHRGD

Back to the subject of BULLRUN;  As far as speculating on where Mike ended up in the competition, I remember awhile back (before he announced that he was in the show) that he posted he had gone on a 4,000 mile road trip with his car and had no problems at all.  Isn't this thing advertised as a 4,000 mile run?
::) ::) ::) ::) :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:    Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

NYCMille

Can't say... you all know that I'm next week though, so no worries there.

bull

Hey Mike, I love the NY accent. I'm surprised everyone pronounced Oregon correctly. Be honest now, there had to be some coaching right? Everyone back east says it Oreeegone.

And I think it was in the behind the scenes clips where your buddy says, "We're in Oregon. There's a lot of beavers in Oregon." And you said (I think) "I like a beaver." Very funny. :icon_smile_big:

jasonfromIKILLYA

"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

68chrgrwife

Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on March 22, 2007, 04:07:13 PM
Quote from: bull on March 22, 2007, 03:33:47 PM
"I like a beaver."

signature worthy.  I enjoyed that quite a bit

Yeah, I almost peed laughing so hard when he said that and kept thinking--Was it mike who posted the pic of the wide open "male" beaver on here?  LOL  I gotta go check.....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

89MOPAR

Something in defense of the OLDS guys. - sort of.
  if they had realized.... the Bremerton ferry would have been much faster [in total time] because it drops you off much farther South than the Bainbridge.

When in Oregon with a "hi-po" car I just jump out and start filling it before the "attendant" can get there.  By the time they notice what you're doing, they usually just shrug, or you give them a dollar and they go away. It is an absurd law.
If you don't know the law, and were in a rush, you'd be pissed too.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

LL1 1967 Coronet

Mike, can you post pics, or tell us the condition of your Charger before you bought it? Was the paint job already done? Is it a real R/T,or was it a rolling shell that needed to be finished? ?

ramit

Watch some of the videos on youtube or go to his car domain page and he tells what the car was like when he got it.

NYCMille

I have been getting LOADS of people saying I didn't build the car and I lied about it and so on and so on..errrr :flame:. Not that you are saying that at all, so please don't take this as anything but a person venting a little bit ;D I always say the same thing... when I bought the car the body, paint and wheels were done, BUT it had A LOT issues had prior to my purchasing it - the one main issue being the car could not be driven more than 40 miles at a time without something going wrong - it's taken me 3.5 years, over 20k worth of improvements and hours upon hours of testing and development to get this car to the point it is at today - that point being that it is just as reliable as a Honda Accord and will trounce most modern cars on the road today.

SpikeTV put up the bio's as well as the information but that is not necessarily what was given to them. With that being said when I bought the car it was a "Nice Car"... good paint, body and wheels, that's it. Suspension was original and horrible (car would not got in a straight line), shocks were terrible, steering was shot, wiring a nightmare... etc. etc. etc...

I redid the following so when people ask me if I built it I tell them the paint body and wheels were done and we did the rest. Here is listing of improvements we did...

Engine Compartment
- 440 Big Block with ported 906 heads 0.030 over (Completely redid the top end of the motor - when the car arrived it had serious cooling, carb, timing and general reliability issues - you could not drive more than 40 miles at a clip)
- Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake.
- Full 3" aluminized flowmaster exhaust (had to be redone)
- 800 Holley DP Carb. all throttle linkage completely replace and redone
- MSD 6AL ignition system with Mopar performance distributor
- Aux. electric pusher fan
- Toyota/Bosch 218X alternator installed instead of stock.
- High volume Mechanical Fuel pump
- Accusump Pre-oiler reserve injection system
- Custom billet coolant overflow sump
- Cooling system redone with Boucheleon replacement pullies adn clutch set-up
- All plugs, wires, electrical harnessess (dash, engine and rear - the wiring in this car was a complete rats nest and a total fire hazzard) replaced as well as pullies belts and entire cooling and fuel systems from stem to stern, including but not limited to tank, sending unit, filters, lines etc...

Brakes
- Baer Racing 13" Discs (front) / 12" Discs (rear) w/parking brake mechanism, Baer Racing proportioning valve (keep in mind, BAER does not make a kit for a 68' Dodge Charger - we bought a kit and adapted it to fit)
- Hydroboost Hydraulic Brake Assist system replaces stock power booster. This type of assist unit uses the hydraulic pressure from the power steering system to provide a potent brake pedal assist.
- Stainless lines front to rear

Suspension
- Firm Feel Stage III Steering box, fast ratio pitman arm, idler, greaseable lower arm shafts, nylon lower arm bushings
- Energy Suspension bushings installed front to rear
- MagnumForce Racing fully adjustable tubular upper control arms
- Hotchkis 1 3/8" Hallow front Sway Bar kit
- Addco 7/8 rear sway bar:
- All ball joints and tie rods replaced
- Mopar Performance 1" pre-lowered Hemi rear leaf springs; 1" block lowering kit for a total of 2" in the rear
- Mopar Performance oversized front .96 torsion bars. Lowered to be just above bump stops.
- Edelbrock Performer IAS Shocks
- XV Motorsports Chassie stiffening kit: Subframe connectors, engine brace, inner-fender well braces and radiator support.

Drive train
- Gear Vendors Over/Underdrive Unit w/final 2.76 ratio in OD
- 727 pulled and rebuilt
- external transmission cooler installed
- New driveshaft installed and balenced
- 8 ¾" Suregrip was pulled and strengthened with MOSER axles, standard gearing 3.55 gears

Interior
- Grant Billet and Mahogany 3 spoke steering wheel
- Custom center console provided by Classic Consoles
- Custom dash with full Auto Meter Ultra-lite gauges.
- Crow Racing 4-point harnesses for front occupants / rear Crow lap-belts installed for passengers
- Custom Alpine stereo system

Lighting
- True Xenon headlight conversion with separate individual ballast for each light. This is not some $50 ebay kit, this is the real deal. 

Oh yea - it's not a real R/T either... I purposely bought a none R/T car because I knew I wanted to customize it.

bull

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on March 22, 2007, 06:04:50 PM
Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on March 22, 2007, 04:07:13 PM
Quote from: bull on March 22, 2007, 03:33:47 PM
"I like a beaver."

signature worthy.  I enjoyed that quite a bit

Yeah, I almost peed laughing so hard when he said that and kept thinking--Was it mike who posted the pic of the wide open "male" beaver on here?  LOL  I gotta go check.....

I'm pretty sure it was Orange Crush.

Troy

I watched the replay tonight and I just noticed that Mike and the Charger ran about 9 seconds faster in the challenge than the Lambo and did the whole weaving thing. How'd they manage to go so slow while only making two passes? Or were you guys just going that fast? It looks like the legs are hovering at about 280 miles each. I think that's an easy drive but doing two per day for several days in a row would have to wear you down.

On the ferry thing - I think they did it to test the strategy of the teams. You had to take a ferry and smart ones would have called to get a schedule so they could time it. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

defiance

Actually, how did the olds guys handle that?  The show completely didn't show it.  Did they go on ahead? (the route didn't look bad..)  or did they return and go back across the "right" ferry?

Reason I'm asking is that Goldberg was adamant that all teams "MUST" cross the bainbridge ferry.  If they went on across, did they get any penalties or anything?

Troy

Quote from: defiance on March 23, 2007, 12:33:56 AM
Actually, how did the olds guys handle that?  The show completely didn't show it.  Did they go on ahead? (the route didn't look bad..)  or did they return and go back across the "right" ferry?

Reason I'm asking is that Goldberg was adamant that all teams "MUST" cross the bainbridge ferry.  If they went on across, did they get any penalties or anything?
Perhaps they felt sorry for them for wasting an extra hour? :P My guess is the race organizers meant to take "the" ferry and the Bainbridge one was the most direct route so it came out as "the Bainbridge ferry". How could they have guessed someone would purposely take the wrong one during a race? I mean, you'd have to be totally clueless to misunderstand the instructions and then miss the "hint" from the ticket agent as well. The penalty would probably have been time related but they'd already hurt themselves. Unless they came back of course.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Shakey

Quote from: NYCMille on March 22, 2007, 07:50:09 PM
I have been getting LOADS of people saying I didn't build the car and I lied about it and so on and so on..errrr :flame:.

Where are you hearing comments like this?

NYCMille

Hey Guys -

The Lambo guys got penalized pretty heavily because instead of alternating side to side as they were supposed to they took out all the bulbs at one time on either side - plus the Honda actually hit the bus... still not sure how they managed that one ::). I think the reason we came out on top was that we broke the bulbs so quickly and the time stops at the moment you broke the last bulb, it just worked out in our favor.

As for the legs - I know it seems as though a couple 280 mile legs would be no big deal and generally it wouldn't be. The things they don't show you on TV is the amount of actual fatigue and stress we were under. Every day was minimum of a 16-18 hour day, we slept on average 4 hours a night and ate terribly and it was just downright COLD. In the first episode in Idaho, it was like 7 or 8 degrees out and took on average about 1-1.5 hours to reset the challenges after each car went so thats 6 hours of shooting for that 7 minutes of TV time - we were also standing out in the cold the entire time under these big heaters... it sucked. During the rally we would also have to stop occasionally to do interviews on the side of the road and such, so that would also take up time.

As for the ferrys - I had no idea until I saw the show on Tues. that the Olds. guys took the other ferry or that they got pulled over in the first episode, I haven't seen any of the episodes so it's all new to me just as it is to you. It's actually really funny now to see what happens inside the other guys cars. For instance on set the Olds. guys were really quiet and kept to themselves, where as in the car they are VERY vocal and quite funny at times.

As for the comments about the car. I've gotten about 9 or so emails and 3 or 4 phone calls from people I don't even know telling me that I lied about the car and that they knew this car before the show. I then proceeded to ask all of them if they did in fact know about the car then did they know about all the problems is had... after that they really can't say to much and usually end up apologizing. I just find it amazing that people will go out of their way and take the time to harrass someone they don't know to make themselves feel better when in fact they no nothing about me. Last night I actually had to call the phone company and change my # to one that is unlisted. It's kind of pain, but I guess it just goes with the territory.

Don't get me wrong though, this was still probably the COOLEST experience I've ever had!

Cheers

Shakey

Quote from: NYCMille on March 23, 2007, 07:40:07 AM

As for the comments about the car. I've gotten about 9 or so emails and 3 or 4 phone calls from people I don't even know telling me that I lied about the car and that they knew this car before the show. I then proceeded to ask all of them if they did in fact know about the car then did they know about all the problems is had... after that they really can't say to much and usually end up apologizing. I just find it amazing that people will go out of their way and take the time to harrass someone they don't know to make themselves feel better when in fact they no nothing about me. Last night I actually had to call the phone company and change my # to one that is unlisted. It's kind of pain, but I guess it just goes with the territory.

Unbelievable!   :rotz:

I guess it's not much different than the members here that feel the need to e-mail someone selling something on e-bay to tell them that they are an idiot for parting out a car, pricing something too high or telling them that they know nothing about what they are selling.   :rotz:

Who has this type of time and angst built up that they feel the need to do this childish type of %^&*?   :shruggy:

::)

Hemidoug

Hard to believe you have to go to the extent of unlisting your phone number! There are some REAL morons out there. :flame: :flame: :flame: Sorry to hear that Mike. Screw'em, you know the real deal. No reason to wast time and energy on these Morons, you have nothing to prove to them.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Dave22443

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Brock Samson

i actually stood up and cheered when ya; did the donuts, i ain't done that since the niners last won the superbowl..
  last yr wasn't it?..   :-\
like i said the class of the field...

NYCMille

HA!!!! AWESOME!!!... That is totally my new screen saver! ;D ;D ;D

Thanks man!

Brock Samson

no, Mike  i didn't do it i just reposted it here from the poster thread,..
But i want thank you and your Bro. for proving Chargers are beutiful, classic and carrying the MOPAR flag.  :icon_smile_wink:
nice driving there!  :yesnod:

jasonfromIKILLYA

Quote from: Shakey on March 23, 2007, 08:07:59 AM

Who has this type of time and angst built up that they feel the need to do this childish type of %^&*?   :shruggy:

::)

people with no lives.  however, we all need to be careful to judge since we find time to talk about them.  :D
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein