News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwilk01

Hey Mike, I love watching the show and I have everyone at work watching it and rooting you on. 

Btw.  How did you get chosen to do this or did you enter somewhere?

Good luck buddy!!  We will be rooting for you!!!

Later
Josh

mikepmcs

Quote from: NYCMille on February 16, 2007, 08:32:03 AM
Believe or not but actually I found out about it through moparts.com. Someone had posted a link that just said "Want to be on TV with your car"... so I clicked on it. That took me to the Bullrun casting site on SpikeTV. I filled out a quick application and sent in a few pics of the car. About a 2 weeks later a casting agent called and asked if myself and my buddy could send in an audition tape so my buddy and I made a tape and sent it in. We didn't think we had a chance in hell... but they called us and said we had to go LA for an in your face interview... so we flew out there, had the interview and "POOF!" we got it...

Crazy right?

The show should be great as there has NEVER been anything like this done before... ever and they really went all out, I can't wait for you guys to see it. This in no PINKS or OVERHAULIN' - this is truely a show where you will see people going BALLS OUT in their own cars. It was not shot in standard TV show format either but more of a cinematic style so it is not going to look the standard reality show - it will look more like a Jerry Bruckheimer movie. Everyone you see on this show drives THEIR OWN cars and everyone pushed these things their limits. The experience was simply unreal and when you see the Charger tearing it up.... and it does TEAR IT UP!!! I think everyone is going to want to go out create a little mischief in their cars... I know we did.
:METAL:
Here you go. :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

SeattleCharger

Taped that last night, just watching show, cool! 

That area at beginning in Seattle, shipping container yard, in w. seattle right by where I was fishing last week.  Cool to see all the footage of the area,
     thank god the Charger guys are cool, and they are kicking some ass, awesome car.   

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

NYCMille

ds440

Just finished watching the last episode (also taped it).

Mike, I don't know how you walk with those titanium balls. :yesnod:  Way to drive, man.  I appreciate someone who, not only has a nice ride, but drives the hell out of it.  Speaks volumes. :devil:

Keep it between the ditches... :2thumbs:
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

NHCharger

Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on March 21, 2007, 06:53:13 PM
Quote from: NHCharger on March 21, 2007, 06:18:59 PM

The team I'm watching is the Father/Daughter Trans AM team. Dad seems smart, willing to say whatever it takes to win, and doesn't have a problem thrashing on the T/A  when needed.

I have a predisposition against liars, so I'm not diggin that guy.

Believe me I'm NOT rooting for them. Just think their the type that lays low and all of a sudden their in the right position to win in the end.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

71ChallengeHer

Mike, You were wondering how people percieve you. Well, I can tell you most of my family is watching this show. Now , I have 5 brothers , so they were checking out the girls. LOL But we are a Mopar family. I just got off the phone with my son. He absolutely loves the Charger. He thinks you and your friend work well together, unlike some of the other teams. He also loved when you roasted the tires. And thinks you guys are hilarious. As far as the map thing, too funny. I didn't think it was a dick move. The other teams would be mad because they weren't smart enough to think of it first. My family thinks the girl in the trans is a spoiled brat. And they think the guys in the truck are dicks. The guys in the Olds can't get along. But they all said you can drive. You have skills! You come off as being a nice guy, trying to get the ferry to wait for the Chevy. So hopefully next Tues will be another great show.

mikepmcs

Back on the map move from the first episode. I gotta admit, I would have never thought of that(that's why i said savvy move from a NY'r cause it's all about the street smarts).  I'm just a dumb hick but still good smarts....good showing....great driving...and super TV!!!

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jwilk01

68chrgrwife

Quote from: 1 of 74 on March 21, 2007, 07:26:02 PM
That guy in the Olds sure got bent out of shape when he found out you can't pump your own gas in Oregon. :devil:

I guess I can relate because I once got all bent out of shape at a Washington gas station because no one would come out and pump my gas for me. I sat there for 5 minutes and finally left before I remembered that Washington is self serve. Too much time in Oregon I guess. Then, about two hours later, I couldn't figure out why the girl at Wendy's was trying to charge me more than I owed for my food. Oh, yea. Sales tax. :P

Sales tax....you didn't know about sales tax???  Is there none in Oregon?  Yeah when we hit our first gas station on the way here (FROM NJ TO CA) that was self-serve my husband and I kinda looked at each other like WTF????  I pumped gas for a living in NJ so no biggie, I hopped out and started pumping away.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

pettyfan43

Yeah the map thing was funny. At some point most of em come off as being jerks, but remember the TV editing!

Mike, That car is WICKED! I LOVE the look of it with those wheels. I'm just glad to see somebody that truly has FUN with a bad ride like that!

I know John Schneider does a lot of cool stuf with his Orange car!

I'd LOVE to do something like that with my 66 Charger or 73 Charger! People sometimes forget that these cars are PERFORMANCE cars! Increasing the performance and having fun with them is what they were all about BEFORE some people thought they should become museum pieces!

The guys in the Chevy seem to be really cool guys and being from Bama, I gotta like the Mustang guys as well!

The funny thing is the attitude difference that seems to exist between the classic iron guys and the rest of em. There again it could be that TV Editing!

Oh well, GOOD LUCK, Hope team Charger won it all!

Did you say in an earlier post that you are gonna run the car in the real Bull Run?

Good luck, and Kick A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!

ramit

I hopped out and started pumping away.

Are you still talking about filling up your car???? :icon_smile_tongue: :D

71ChallengeHer

Somebody told me that they thought the winner of Bullrun gets to run in the real Bullrun? Hmmmmmmm

mustanghater

Will we get to see the car in person at the mopar nationals this year?
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Troy

Quote from: mustanghater on March 21, 2007, 09:25:50 PM
Will we get to see the car in person at the mopar nationals this year?
It wasn't on the list of shows he just said he'd be at. However, he will be at the Chrysler Classic in Norwalk.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Dave22443

Hey Mike,

When you do the run to the Keys, let me know.  If you pass anywhere near the I-95 corridore in Virginia, I'll bring my '68 out and buy you a tank of hi-test.   

Do you have any idea how long its been since a Charger was on screen flaunting its stuff that doesn't get totalled in the end?

Thanks.  We all needed that!  :icon_smile_approve:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

68chrgrwife

Quote from: ramit on March 21, 2007, 09:24:57 PM

dude you have one sick mind...go get laid......
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

SeattleCharger

:drive:                     If answered before, or somewhere else, sry,  where is the weight loss? 3305 lbs,  is the rear end narrowed for those wheels?
                                       looks su weet, what size wheels?  and where did you get the front air dam?  Took a pic of my tv of the smoke show.  heh

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

NYCMille

That pic is awesome! thanks so much for posting it.

Let me answer a few more questions here. As for the weight of the car - on that little sidebar thingy they posted that the weight was like 3305 or something similar. I have no clue where they go that number - I would think the car is more along the lines 4000lbs. - 4200lbs. Plus we had SO MUCH equipment in the car, it was crazy. Plus Jim, my buddy and I are the about the same size - each about 6'4" and 230+ each, so we were truckin' some with big weight along with us.

We are in fact doing the real Bullrun this coming May - it runs from Montreal, Canada - Key West, FLA, but the route is not mapped out and very much like the show you have no idea where your going until the start of that days stage. Also, it is more of a Cannonball Run style rally where everyone just goes balls out. Our strategy for this rally is simple... DON'T go balls out. I have seen almost every video and clip of the real rally and I honestly believe that if we roll with the pace of the traffic (ok.. maybe a little above the pace, but not much) we will do just fine. SO MANY people on the rally last year got tickets and a few even got arrested... that is not my bag. I think that the time we save by NOT getting pulled over will more than compensate for the difference in speed, plus now that the car is on TV it's going to have a big red bullseye on it for every Officer on the east coast. We are really looking forward it to though as it has been a dream of mine do such an event so it should be a lot fun. 

And Dave22443 - thanks man

The wheels on the car look HUGE on TV but are actually not that big, the fronts are 17x9s with 255/45/17s and the rears are 18x10s with 285/40/18s... no tubbing required.

I just hope at the end of all this people will get a new appreciation for these old cars and realize that as long as you set them up correctly they'll last and run for a good loooong time. :yesnod:

71ChallengeHer

I just hope at the end of all this people will get a new appreciation for these old cars and realize that as long as you set them up correctly they'll last and run for a good loooong time. :yesnod:
I'm very observant, hmmmmmmmm I wonder? How loooong will the Charger run?

mikepmcs

Mike's build

Engine:
· 440 with ported 906 heads bored 0.030 over
· Forged Pistons
· Stainless Valves
· .475 lift cam
· Dual plane Edelbrock Performer 440 Intake.
· 850cfm Holley double pumper carb
· MSD 6AL ignition with MOPAR performance distributor and Blaster II coil
· Harden Valve seats
· Ceramic coated Hedman headers with full 3" aluminized flowmaster exhaust
· Toyota/Bosch 218X alternator
· High volume Fuel pump
· Flex-a-lite pusher aux. pusher fan

Drivetrain:
· 727 torqueflite Transmission.  Has a reverse manual valve body through a Cheetah SCS shifter
· 8 ¾" Suregrip rear with 3.55 gears
· Moser Alloy Axles with sealed bearings
· Gear Vendors Over/Underdrive Unit w/ final 2.76 ratio (one of the best mods - car totally streetable and can easily cruise a 80mph all day long)

Suspension:
· Energy Suspension bushings installed front to rear
· All ball joints and tie rods replaced
· MagnumForce Racing fully adjustable tubular upper control arms (cures the castor/camber issue assoc. with a lowered car)
· Hotchkis 1 3/8" front swaybar
· Mopar Performance oversized front .960 torsion bars.  Lowered to be just above bump stops.
· Mopar Performance 1" pre-lowered Hemi rear leaf springs; 1" block lowering kit for a total of 2" in the rear
· Edelbrock IAS performer shocks (100 times better than the KYB Gas Adjust I was running previously)

Brakes:
· BAER Brakes Track System up front w/ 13.5"  discs and PBR dual piston calipers (basically Corvette C4 calipers) on A-body spindles
· BAER Brakes Touring System in rear w/ 11"  discs and PBR single pistion calipers w/ functional parking brake.
· Hydroboost hydraulic braking booster from HydraTech - replaces stock power booster and uses hydraulic pressure from power steering pump to acuate the pistons in the calipers - a MUST HAVE mod for those with aftermarket brakes and and engines making minimal vacuum.

Interior:
· Corbeau GTS II racing reclineable seats
· Center Armrest with dual cup holders and storage compartment  www.classicsconsoles.com
· Custom dash with Auto Meter Ultra-lite gauges.
· Crow 3" 4-point belts for front and lap belts for rear
· Alpine stereo with I-pod integrated hook-up

Wheels and Tires:
· Boyd Coddington Rally II billet wheels 17x9s up front 18x10s in rear
· Dunlop SP9000 tires 255/45/17 Front - 285/40/18 Rear

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,12612.msg144933.html#msg144933

v/r
Mike

ramit

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on March 22, 2007, 12:59:30 AM
Quote from: ramit on March 21, 2007, 09:24:57 PM

dude you have one sick mind...go get laid......

You can relax it was just a joke........and I already knew I had a sick mind. ;D

TruckDriver

I maybe shouldn't say this, but I wonder how long before HALPG starts to sell Chargers with Mike's paint job now :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ramit

YEEEEHAWWW if you want an erection and balls of steel come on down and pick yerself up a mr.angry!  They better not steal that from me. ;D

Hemidoug

Hey guys, now this is just a suggestion, but we have 8 more installments of the show to go, and this thread is 12 pages already, so lets keep it on topic please? I'm sure the rest of us would like to read the on topic posts without the other BS. Thanks.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD