News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettyfan43

Quote from: ramit on March 21, 2007, 02:26:25 PM
My wife watched it with me last night and I think she actually likes it.  She laughs at me because I let out an evil laugh (giggle) every time mr. angry lights em' up.

Awesome job last night NYC mile!

Yep Me too! After Mr Angray skunked the Lotus then stopped and started the burnout I let out one of those evil genius laughs and told my wife, I'd like to see that little pansy sports car do that!

LL1 1967 Coronet

I sent Lambo a note through Ebay, and part of his reply was:

"By the way the Charger boys and I are good friends and the show brought alot of good people together and we are pissed off about how they cut and tape all the bullshit.........Hey we all got along off the camera and we all played it up for no money... But we are all car lovers of all kinds.. I have been on trips from Texas with Jason to Alabama to meet with the Bama boys for Phillips wedding... Its all good man... Just hate all the people posting sh*t about me because im the TV bad a$$...."

volk68

Quote from: NYCMille on March 21, 2007, 01:36:52 PMI was kind of hoping that more people give there opinions on the show as I was very curious to know how they percieved us.

I think the shear volume of questions about your experience is a testament to the overall quality of the show.  I am enjoying it, and my wife even watched last night with nary a complaint...and she usually doesn't get into this type of thing.  I generally hate reality tv, but am enjoying Bullrun.  I think the biggest want for me is that I wish I could see more of the Charger, but I might be biased  :icon_smile_big:

I thought you and your partner were smart with the map thing, yet have been cool to the other competitors.  Trying to hold the ferry for the Chevy team was cool, and helping them out showed class.  The Charger is as it should be, and the go for it all attitude you have towards the challenges is probably your biggest edge.  I doubt anyone else there has the same level of guts as your team.  The father/daughter team does, but only the dad...the daughter seems to want to tame him down.  The Lambo team might, but they seem like the stuff comes easy to them, so they might not care about the car, but I think they're soft.  I hope you guys won  :yesnod:

defiance

Quote from: LL1 1967 Coronet on March 21, 2007, 04:04:53 PM
I sent Lambo a note through Ebay, this was his reply:

"Do I know you? Do you know me? Or did you watch a little TV show and now talk out of your a$$? Its great that you have time to kill...... Go write some more sh*it to piss people off. By the way the Charger boys and I are good friends and the show brought alot of good people together and we are pissed off about how they cut and tape all the bullshit.......... GET A LIFE"

Geez! 

He must be getting a lot of hate mail huh?

...Oh yeah, I seriously doubt he won the 200 grand.

You know, they seem arrogant and annoying... but come on, emailing hate mail through ebay?  Give the guy a break :P

LL1 1967 Coronet

This is an excetpt from an interview I found about Jeff Marshall-  owner of the Lambo:

Eltringham, of Washington, and Marshall just laugh off the taunt talk when it comes to their beloved limited edition 2003 Lamborghini Murcielago. They love that they are "in the money" and can afford to do things like wipe their windshields with $100 bills just to tweak the competition.

"You should have seen the other guys trying to grab those bills," says Marshall. "Yeah, we were definitely the rich (male appendages)."

The two claim a net worth of more than $4.5 million, although Marshall jokes that they are now down about $100,000 after he sold a Bay Area house in a bad market and Eltringham just had a massage.

Marshall, 31, made his first million by the age of 24 and is the co-founder of Platinum Group Real Properties, Inc. in Newark. He recently sold his share of the business and is selling his Fremont home so he can move to Washington.

"I'm known as the doughnut king," boasts Marshall.

Would that be as in eating or making?

"Doing burn-outs," says Marshall, laughing. "We lost a set of tires on that show."

Not only that, Marshall also liked to toss $2 bills out the window after doing the burn-outs.

"I only lost about $2,000 out the window," Marshall says. "Before my signature doughnut, we would throw the money out and all the people came running up trying to grab the money off the track.

Charger_Fan

Wow, I hope those guys didn't even make it to the top 3 in the end. :sick: :puke:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ramit

Quote from: defiance on March 21, 2007, 04:23:31 PM

"Do I know you? Do you know me? Or did you watch a little TV show and now talk out of your a$$? Its great that you have time to kill...... Go write some more sh*it to piss people off. By the way the Charger boys and I are good friends and the show brought alot of good people together and we are pissed off about how they cut and tape all the bullshit.......... GET A LIFE"

Geez! 

You know, they seem arrogant and annoying... but come on, emailing hate mail through ebay? Give the guy a break :P

:iagree: Leave the guy alone.  Do you seriously think it is fun to harass somebody like that?  I am interested to know what you would actually write to the guy, but I think you need to find something better to do with your time.

bull

Quote from: ramit on March 21, 2007, 05:03:32 PM
Quote from: defiance on March 21, 2007, 04:23:31 PM

Geez! 

You know, they seem arrogant and annoying... but come on, emailing hate mail through ebay? Give the guy a break :P

:iagree: Leave the guy alone.  Do you seriously think it is fun to harass somebody like that?  I am intested to know what you would actually write to the guy, but I think you need to find something better to do with your time.

Like it really takes that much time.  :icon_smile_big:

LL1 1967 Coronet

Ramit...Do you think your avitar of Jessica Simpson answers that question?

mikepmcs

Come on guys do we really need all this mudslinging.  I really am enjoying this thread and would like to see it continue. 

:yesnod:

Everyone have a beer, I'm buying. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

ramit

Quote from: LL1 1967 Coronet on March 21, 2007, 05:09:04 PM
Ramit...Do you think your avitar of Jessica Simpson answers that question?

I am not trying to start anything here but I don't get it.  What does that mean?

jasonfromIKILLYA

yeah.  who cares about the other teams.  let's just all root for Mike. 

ps - my girl is Italian and she said the same thing when she saw you guys polishing your wheels.  I would have done the same damn thing.

pps - I think the fact that you were just polishing your wheels and kickin ass says all that needs to be said about Mr Angry.  Mopar or No Car.
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

68chrgrwife

Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on March 21, 2007, 05:16:21 PM
yeah.  who cares about the other teams.  let's just all root for Mike. 

ps - my girl is Italian and she said the same thing when she saw you guys polishing your wheels.  I would have done the same damn thing.

pps - I think the fact that you were just polishing your wheels and kickin ass says all that needs to be said about Mr Angry.  Mopar or No Car.

Amen on all that....I was just going to poat the same thing....who cares what the other teams do/say....Let's just support our own Guy---Mike here you go dude :cheers:  I also thought it was awesome that you're polishing wheels and everyone else was checking rheir engine and stuff and then you blew all the teams away.  I like how the "winner" of the second set had to do donuts too...as if they are cool..had to try and compete against you...but after you roasted the tires and did the donuts Didn't you have to polish those nice chrome rims again??  Maybe not a good move...LOL
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

mustanghater

I did see  in a commercial that they wreck there car or something happens next episode.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

LL1 1967 Coronet

THE MOPAR GOD HAS BLESSED MIKES CHARGER!!!! -  Let the best team win....

TruckDriver

Quote from: mustanghater on March 21, 2007, 05:30:52 PM
I did see  in a commercial that they wreck there car or something happens next episode.

I think it was the Lambo or the BMW.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

NYCMille

Hey guys -

What Jeff said it absolutely true... you have to understand that when we filmed these episodes we didn't really know anyone so we had to go with first impressions and what other people said. Jeff (the owner of the Lamborghini) is probably one of the nicest guys in world - total family man and just all around car guy. He was all pumped up about the Charger and told me stories of his big block El Camino that he built up and how is thinking of building up another classic - Again, VERY NICE guy - in fact I just spoke to him.

Also, I have no idea what we will look like in the next episode, it is VERY possible that the editors will turn me into a real SOB (although I hope they won't). I just don't know, but with that being said EVERYONE on the show are real car people, we all appreciated eachothers rides and treated them with the same respect that we treated our own with, all in all I met a group of really wonderful people and made A LOT of friends.

And 68chrgrwife - yea... I had to clean the rims again.. a total PITA... it looked cool though ;D

Shakey

Quote from: LL1 1967 Coronet on March 21, 2007, 03:08:53 PM
Hey everyone.....Send the Lambo guy a message through ebay.

Great idea!   ::)   :rotz:

That'll show 'em what true car guys are really like - right?   :rotz:

bull

I still think those guys are arrogant jerks. What kind of a$$ goes around wiping his windshield with $2 bills and throwing them out the window?

jasonfromIKILLYA

Quote from: NYCMille on March 21, 2007, 05:36:52 PM

Also, I have no idea what we will look like in the next episode, it is VERY possible that the editors will turn me into a real SOB (although I hope they won't). I just don't know, but with that being said EVERYONE on the show are real car people, we all appreciated eachothers rides and treated them with the same respect that we treated our own with, all in all I met a group of really wonderful people and made A LOT of friends.

this is true.  It's all about the edit.  if you had a camera on you 24 hours a day I bet you could get allot of things out of context.  You have to remember that the editors and producers here WANT you to get all upset.  they're trying to create drama and they want you to be pulling for the guys who win and hating the guys who lose.  otherwise, why would you watch?  it's not reality, despite what they would have you believe.  This is exactly why I HATE tv. 
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

NHCharger

This is the first reality show I've ever watched. And probably the last unless they make a BR2.
I like the way you guys formed an alliance with the Chebbie and Rustang guys, and the reason.

Someone needs to bitchslap the driver of the Olds, comes across as a total tool. Isn't he the martial arts instructor? One thing they're supposed to teach is discipline and respect. Looks like he teaches people how to hit someone with a purse.
I'm sure the Lamberwienie and lotus boys have a new found respect for American Muscle after last nights pounding by Mr Angry.
The team I'm watching is the Father/Daughter Trans AM team. Dad seems smart, willing to say whatever it takes to win, and doesn't have a problem thrashing on the T/A  when needed.
Definitely an interesting mix of characters and machines.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

jasonfromIKILLYA

Quote from: NHCharger on March 21, 2007, 06:18:59 PM

The team I'm watching is the Father/Daughter Trans AM team. Dad seems smart, willing to say whatever it takes to win, and doesn't have a problem thrashing on the T/A  when needed.

I have a predisposition against liars, so I'm not diggin that guy.

Bluestar

Very cool show.  Almost everyone where I work is watching.

Only question I have and I apologize if its been asked already.  Did Spike pay for the gas or was it out of pocket.  I assume repairs and ramp trucks were at owners expense?

May be moot to you at this point, but good luck.

NYCMille

No worries - Spike gave us a $2000 stipen at the beginning of the show to complete the rallly with. As for the drama... remember it is TV and it is a reality show so there has to be some conflict and friction between the teams - as I said earlier, I haven't seen the episodes yet so I don't have any idea what will come out of someone's mouth - and that's including my own.... Kinda' creepy when you think about it.

bull

That guy in the Olds sure got bent out of shape when he found out you can't pump your own gas in Oregon. :devil:

I guess I can relate because I once got all bent out of shape at a Washington gas station because no one would come out and pump my gas for me. I sat there for 5 minutes and finally left before I remembered that Washington is self serve. Too much time in Oregon I guess. Then, about two hours later, I couldn't figure out why the girl at Wendy's was trying to charge me more than I owed for my food. Oh, yea. Sales tax. :P