News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Quote from: 1 of 74 on March 21, 2007, 02:13:30 AM
I'm not finding a way to watch this w/o cable TV (other than the first episode). Am I SOL?

If you check out the Bullrun website, you can view the episodes there.

http://www.spiketv.com/#shows/bullrun/index.jhtml

Shakey

I also enjoyed the show this week.

The fellas in the Oldsmobile are starting to get on my nerves.  The way they spoke to the fella at the gas station - I too would have told them to get lost!

The fellas in the Honda, as stated - racial profiling - c'mon!  You're driving in a car covered with spray paint, the license plate is stuck in the back window and you're weaving in you're lane.  The copper most likely figured the occupants were a couple of meth heads in a rolling lab in which they live in.  Then, when she approaches the car, she can't see the driver's hands and he has a tough time making eye contact.  I would have had both of them, white, black, hispanic or whathaveyou at the back of the car with 'cuffs on "for safety purposes" in a heartbeat.

I'm still amazed at how many people cannot read a map.

Finally, Mike if you read this - questions:

Why the alliances amongst teams?

Is it something the producers suggested?

I realize by the closing shots that it looks as though there is a hospitality suite set up for everyone to enjoy a drink at the end of the day and the social factor is somewhat important when spending extended amounts of time with a group of people but when it comes time to hit the road, why communicate with your competitors?

I think of the task, 300 miles in 7 hours and figure that would be a cakewalk as long as you had a map and knew how to read it!  Why do you need to partner up with others?  Am I missing something?

Also - do you have to sleep in tents?

LL1 1967 Coronet

Mike, can you telll me if Spike provides tools and equipment for team use at the overnight checkpoints?  It seems wild to me that the Nissan team would've had a cherry picker to pull their engine!  Does the show provide a support staff (pit crew) ...or did those two guys have to do all the grunt work themselves?

firefighter3931

Nice job on the challenge.....Mr Angry  :flame: was definately up to the task !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Charger74

Great Job Mike.  You totally kicked that lotus's butt in the challenge.  Your car looks great.  Makes me wonder what a high school friend has done with his 68.  Certainly wouldn't mind trying to get it off of him....  Good luck and keep up the awesome driving....

defiance

yeah, honestly I was wondering what the nissan guys were playing at when they said they were going to try to fix it.  Toasted rod bearings?  Fix it?  I'm not an expert at bottom ends, but wouldn't you need to have the crank resurfaced?  Not exactly something a couple guys can do in the parking lot overnight...

Though I admit I admired their perseverence.  And man, it would suck to get into something like that, do alright, then boom, you're out because of a seal or oil pump or whatever ... speaking of which, did they ever say WHY they had an 'oil pressure problem'?  Oh, and also speaking of which - when you're doing long-term high performance driving, don't most people watch the gauges like a hawk?  Heck, If I'm driving down the street normally and my oil pressure gauge drops, I notice - I know this because it happened in my old buick.  I dunno, just seems like something they should've seen before they toasted the bearings  ???

I was also disappointed in the honda's performance in the challenge...  I was expecting to see the least valuable car out there take down the most valuable one  :devil:  Those lambo guys are acting pretty arrogant, so I'd like to see them taken down a notch or two.  Unfortunately, the honda guys... not so great at that precision driving thing...
Not that I could've done better, but I'm not entering bull run :D

TruckDriver

Quote from: Shakey on March 21, 2007, 05:29:46 AM
The fellas in the Oldsmobile are starting to get on my nerves.  The way they spoke to the fella at the gas station - I too would have told them to get lost!

STARTING TO??? They were on my nerves the first show already. Kinda funny how they fight with each other. They have no patients with each other. I still dont believe that Cutlass has any balls like they say either.

Quote from: defiance on March 21, 2007, 08:28:45 AM
Those lambo guys are acting pretty arrogant, so I'd like to see them taken down a notch or two.
:iagree: But I still like them more then the Cutlass guys.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Steve P.

I only caught the last 1/4 of the show last night. Noticed this morning while trying to find last night's video on the net, that your buddy and partner in crime is now living in Dunedin, Florida. Hell, that's only 15 miles from me..   I know, BIG DEAL...    Let me know if you're ever headed down this way.

I wish SPIKE would hire someone who knows how to set up a web site.. Navigation in their site sucks..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

defiance

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on March 21, 2007, 08:45:02 AM
STARTING TO??? They were on my nerves the first show already. Kinda funny how they fight with each other. They have no patients with each other. I still dont believe that Cutlass has any balls like they say either.

LOL - and they can't listen for squat, either.  I loved it when the lady at the ferry booth TOLD THEM the other cars had gotten on the Bainbridge ferry, and he's like "Ok, now tell me where this other ferry is." LOL
Are they the ones where the copilot was saying "I want to punch you in the f(&*n face right now."  Heh...  Great work Mr. Copilot :)

NYCMille

Hola' Guys...

So, I really hope that everyone like the show last night... I didn't get to bed until 2am and then was up at 5am for work today so if there are some typo's just bare with me. Ok... where to start.

The Chevy Guys: Cesaer and Ralph are two of the nicest guys on the planet, totally down to earth and absolutely hilarious to be around. The main reason we formed an alliance with them was because of our fuel gauge problem. A week before the show, the gauge went out. The Mexican's didn't have a speedometer but did have an accurate gas gauge and since we would get penalized for going over a certain speed it just made sense to hang with them, we fed off eachother - that worked out well. The only problem was knowing when everyone was going to try and screw you over. You have to remember that everyone was trying to out think the other guy so you would only trust people "so" much - again it was a competition.

The Honda claiming racial profiling... guys, your in a Civic with graffitti all over it... do the math... nuff said.

Once on the road you where able to make calls from a payphone etc and obtain help if needed - HOWEVER, if you needed to fix the car you had to do that with the tools and parts you brought. The Lambo guys lived in Washington like 20 minutes from where we where so they utilized a connection that they had and got a trailer - you have to remember that as long as the car left and crossed the line under it's own power it was ok. The Lambo did that so I didn't have any issues with that.

I have no problem with you fixing your own car with the parts and tools you brought, but when they brought the cherry picker in we were like no friggin' way!... you have to draw the line somewhere and for us that was it. It just goes to show you though that you can have all the technology in the world, but if it is not engineered correctly is doesn't mean squat.

At the end of every leg there was a tent set-up for us to go into and relax a little bit which was nice... but, we didn't really use it because we were mostly doing stuff to the cars. A very good friend of mine made me laugh last night... he said: "In all the scenes there people are pulling motors out, changing parts and doing stuff to their cars... then it goes to you guys and your waxing the car and polishing the wheels... typical friggin' NY Italians..."... I guess you have to be Italian to find that funny, but it's kinda true.

As for the Charger and the challenge - we felt we had a really good chance for a few good reasons. First off I have about 7 years of track experience and 2 wheels and 4. Second, I grew up driving in NYC so dodging stuff in the road is the norm, whether is be a cab, pedistrian or a flaming bus... no worries there. The funny part was after that challenge everyone came up to us and was like "Ok... WTF did you do to that car?!?" That made me feel pretty good... they gained a whole new respect for my 40 year old junk that day...

Just lemme' know if ya'll have other questions.

Mike

volk68

The guys in the Olds are just happless.  They completely lack any common sense.  You are on a multi-state road race and don't have your driver's license???  Someone offers you good information at a toll booth, and you blow it off to take your own completely wrong route  :rotz:

Mike, I was wondering why the drop in the standings on the second leg?  You mentioned the Chevy team was slowing you down, but how much was them vs. how often you had to re-fuel and stuff?  You seem to have a good navigator...was it because you skipped the time bonus?

Old Moparz

Great episode Mike, I liked it more than I expected.  :2thumbs:

When last weeks show had clips of the flaming bus, I immediately thought, "Great, they turned this into a freakin' cartoon."   ::)  It was actually fun to watch, & looked fun to do. I'm from NYC originally, went to college at NYIT near Columbus Circle, & worked in Greenwich Village & Long Island City, so I can relate to dodging the flaming bus.

Good luck.   (Well, you already know the outcome, so that might not matter.)  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

THE COLONEL

Quote from: NYCMille on March 21, 2007, 09:23:26 AMAt the end of every leg there was a tent set-up for us to go into and relax a little bit which was nice... but, we didn't really use it because we were mostly doing stuff to the cars. A very good friend of mine made me laugh last night... he said: "In all the scenes there people are pulling motors out, changing parts and doing stuff to their cars... then it goes to you guys and your waxing the car and polishing the wheels... typical friggin' NY Italians..."... I guess you have to be Italian to find that funny, but it's kinda true.

I noticed that too.  You guys just drive and drive and everyone else seems to have problems, and fixing things. Our 40 year old clunker cars are pretty good.  Awesome show,and you guys definatley have the balls.  I cringed when you got the first 15 second penalty, but then you just tore it up, and just showed everyone up!! :icon_smile_cool: :bow: :bow: :bow:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Shakey

Quote from: NYCMille on March 21, 2007, 09:23:26 AM

The Chevy Guys: Cesaer and Ralph are two of the nicest guys on the planet, totally down to earth and absolutely hilarious to be around. The main reason we formed an alliance with them was because of our fuel gauge problem. A week before the show, the gauge went out. The Mexican's didn't have a speedometer but did have an accurate gas gauge and since we would get penalized for going over a certain speed it just made sense to hang with them, we fed off eachother - that worked out well. The only problem was knowing when everyone was going to try and screw you over. You have to remember that everyone was trying to out think the other guy so you would only trust people "so" much - again it was a competition.

Just lemme' know if ya'll have other questions.

Mike

I recall the fuel gauge / speedo issue and I can see why you two teams kind of partnered.  I guess I was refering to the other teams as to why Father & Daughter were so concerned about where the F50 guys were.  I find it odd that competitors would be relaying information during a race/rallye as to where they are and which route they are taking.

I guess I'd be like the lone wolf out there as I would trust no one and rely on myself and my teammate and not my competitors.

Anyways - all the best and thanks for the entertainment.   :cheers:

Steve P.

What,, you never heard the old saying, (KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE AND YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER)??

I think if they can bring in a cheery picker, you could bring in a fuel gauge!! 

So how many extra gallons are you carrying in jugs in the trunk?? And how does your partner fit behind the back seat into the trunk to add fuel while underway??  :devil:   :icon_smile_big:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

charger_lady

What a great show!! I've watched this from the start and won't miss a single episode because of the Charger of course. My boys (10 & 12yrs) love it!! Its on too late for them during the week so they'll watch this episode Sat. afternoon! They asked if we would ever do that with our Charger. Now as fun as it looks I wouldn't do this with ours. So I'm glad to see someone has more "balls" then I do...LOL
To see you kick the Lotus' ass was the best!!  When the teams were first announced and they showed what the Lotus guys said about racing against a "5000 lb" car that couldn't stop on a dime...I fell over laughing!!  They had no idea what the Charger could do!!  Way to go guys...keep it up...show those guys what real Mopar Muscle's all about...you are doing us all proud!!

I do have one quick question for you...how did you end up with 01,did you pick that or did the show? Its just kinda cool... we all know the last Charger that had 01 on it. Just wondering if it has any connection with the Dukes. Well hopefully you don't have to jump your baby in some crazy challenge on the show...LOL

THREE CHEERS FOR TEAM CHARGER :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

HITMAN 149

MIKE....
JUST FRIGGIN AWESOME MAN!!!!!!!!!
i worked a double yesterday... yawn!!! but instead of taking a nap at my mom's place.. i stayed up to watch the show... hahaha even made her go into the bedroom so i could watch it on the bigger tv!!! hahahaha... oh well she'll get over it!!!!! :icon_smile_big:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

LL1 1967 Coronet

Mike, what about sleeping in those tents? Its makes me laugh, because the car tents look pretty nice!!!!  Makes we wonder what the drivers got??  By the way, your responses are great. You seem like a really cool guy, on and off the show.  On a side note, and I hate to support the circus that Barrett-Jackson has become (recent article in MCG is a must read), but, I'll throw it out there anyway.... Has Steve Davis or Craig Jackson approached you about consigning your car? I'm sure it would pull some major big bucks $$$.... and you could probably build three more Chargers and buy a new house!  I'm just wondering because "Star Cars" are a big deal at these auctions.

Speaking of MCG - are they going to do a feature on your car? So far, nothing has been said about the show - - or your car at all  ??? :icon_smile_sad: :icon_smile_dissapprove: :icon_smile_angry:

BB1

Yeah cheap, I would only sleep in a 4 star Hotel or nothing.

I think Mike has a new aluminum block Hemi on order.  ;D
Delete my profile

NYCMille

Our standings in the second leg dropped because we decided to drive it straight and not go for the time bonus... we knew were ok at the start so we decided just to push on through. As for fuel... we were averaging about 9-11 miles per gallon which wasn't so terrible in my opinion and by this time on the show had come so close to running out of gas so many times we began to realize just how far we could push the car by following the odometer - so basically by 160 miles we were running on fumes.

As for the "01" we didn't pic it, the producers did, but I am sure it was Dukes reference which is just fine by me.

Rolling_Thunder

he said: "In all the scenes there people are pulling motors out, changing parts and doing stuff to their cars... then it goes to you guys and your waxing the car and polishing the wheels... typical friggin' NY Italians..."... I guess you have to be Italian to find that funny, but it's kinda true.

Mike - That is pretty funny (I being a fellow italian)

so Mike - gotta ask - when are you bringing your beautiful beast to southern CA ?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

volk68

Quote from: NYCMille on March 21, 2007, 11:20:22 AM
Our standings in the second leg dropped because we decided to drive it straight and not go for the time bonus... we knew were ok at the start so we decided just to push on through. As for fuel... we were averaging about 9-11 miles per gallon which wasn't so terrible in my opinion and by this time on the show had come so close to running out of gas so many times we began to realize just how far we could push the car by following the odometer - so basically by 160 miles we were running on fumes.

As for the "01" we didn't pic it, the producers did, but I am sure it was Dukes reference which is just fine by me.

I kinda figured that was the case...that time bonus is a HUGE wildcard in the event.

I thought it was funny that the father/daughter team decided to put you in the challenge because "We wanted to see what was under the hood", when you had told almost everybody most of what was done to the car already anyway.  I think they just thought that would be a sure loss for you guys...it was great to see you upset that Lotus.  I even dropped a blurb in for you on my radio show today  :icon_smile_big:

694spdRT

The Mexican's didn't have a speedometer but did have an accurate gas gauge and since we would get penalized for going over a certain speed it just made sense to hang with them, we fed off eachother - that worked out well.

So you are not allowed to exceed a certain speed at any particular time or was there an average time over the course that was the limit? Sounds like the rules make for an interesting rally.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

4forty

The Charger looked Great in the challenge spanking the Lotus...but an awful LOT of Commercials! Guess they've got to pay the bills.

NYCMille

One thing that was really funny is that nobody would tell anyone else what was done to their car? I was like WTF? People asked us and I more than happy to tell them what we had done to it... I didn't see how it would make or break us in anyway. Hell, I was just happy to be there.

We were really skeptical of the time bonuses at first because we didn't know if they'd be worth 5 minute or 90 minutes... it was a complete gamble for us considering  A LOT of them were way off the beatin' path. I don't think anyone really thought the car could compete in anyway - I think the general opinion was that is was just a cruiser. Don't really know though... I was kind of hoping that more people give there opinions on the show as I was very curious to know how they percieved us.

QuoteHas Steve Davis or Craig Jackson approached you about consigning your car? I'm sure it would pull some major big bucks $$$

So far no calls at all from anyone... print, auction, nada - hell I didn't even know my car was in Mopar Muscle until it was posted on this list.