News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bordin34

What happens if you tells us what you are not supposed to?

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

mikepmcs

SUED!

I'm reminded of shows and people telling things before the end and getting in heaps of trouble.

It's part of the contract I believe and could do some damage.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

NYCMille

Then I owe Spike TV A LOT OF MONEY!... Besides, if everyone knew what the outcome was what would be the point of watching the show?

Steve P.

Quote from: NYCMille on March 17, 2007, 07:23:27 PM
Then I owe Spike TV A LOT OF MONEY!... Besides, if everyone knew what the outcome was what would be the point of watching the show?

Are you kidding?? I have watched it twice on the internet and once on the 60" this morning.. ;)

I would watch it regardless..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

firefighter3931

Quote from: NYCMille on March 01, 2007, 08:17:14 AM
Yea... still haven't figured out the whole fuel issue though... on the show I was getting about 10mpg as well as carrying 2, 5 gallon cans. I don't want to drill into my trunk pan to put in a fuel cell, so I have a feeling I may be toting the cans around again.

NYC, rigging up a cell would be a piece of cake....no cutting/drilling required. One small bung would have to be welded to the filler tube inside the trunk and that's it.  ;) Imagine how nice it would be to be able to transfer 20+ gallons of fuel while the car is moving.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Steve P.

Quote from: firefighter3931 on March 17, 2007, 08:16:51 PM
Quote from: NYCMille on March 01, 2007, 08:17:14 AM
Yea... still haven't figured out the whole fuel issue though... on the show I was getting about 10mpg as well as carrying 2, 5 gallon cans. I don't want to drill into my trunk pan to put in a fuel cell, so I have a feeling I may be toting the cans around again.

NYC, rigging up a cell would be a piece of cake....no cutting/drilling required. One small bung would have to be welded to the filler tube inside the trunk and that's it.  ;) Imagine how nice it would be to be able to transfer 20+ gallons of fuel while the car is moving.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

Exactly my thoughts Ron..   :yesnod: ;)  Great minds think alike.. :devil:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

68chrgrwife

Mike, DUDE....I am watching the first episode right now (DVRed it)...you laugh at everyone so much...and that was a dirty trick to buy all the maps....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

NYCMille

I am thinking about putting a fuel cell in the car for the actual Bullrun Rally that we're doing in May - we're running from Montreal to Key West... that should be a real blast. When we first started to show we had no idea what was instore for us, we had no idea about the challenges and or the types of road conditions we would face so we could only prepare so much. I showed up with a spare tire, a box of tools, some oil and some extra parts... that was it. Others basically brought a parts store with them, it was crazy.

As for the map thing... it worked as we're still on the show and the only people that knew about it until last Tues. where the Mexicans (who BTW are two of NICEST guys you'd ever meet). I got a bunch of calls from others drivers saying it was a d*ck move, but a good one so I don't feel too bad about it  ;)

Khyron

Quote from: NYCMille on March 18, 2007, 07:50:30 AM
I got a bunch of calls from others drivers saying it was a d*ck move, but a good one so I don't feel too bad about it  ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

WHAT ABOUT SOME 007 STUFF?.. Oil, nails, machine guns?.
he he he...
(sorry)

jasonfromIKILLYA

maybe it was a dick move, but it they liked you till now, guess they'll have to deal.  I would have done the same thing!
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

DC_1

Hey Mike, did you get to see all the episodes before they air or are you seeing how things were cut for the first time now. I guess from your previous answer about the maps that none of you got to see the full episode......i am guessing they showed you bits and pieces just so you got a feel for how it would look once it broadcast. If you have seen a lot of the cut footage what do you think of the editing. They can sometimes show things out of context just for "entertainment value" and sometimes portray people and events that may not be a true reflection of what actually happened.

I have the feeling this is going to be a very popular thread for the next few weeks.

Have you had offers to appear on any TV or radio shows yet? I am sure as this builds popularity the offers may come in. Especially if you and your partner's character get more air time and you come up with "map snatch" type moves that make you one to follow.

Did each team get a film crew following them through the entire race? I gotta imagine they would have to in order not to miss any moments like the traffic stop of the guys in the Olds.

NYCMille

Actually I didn't get to see any of them - when you see them I see them. I still have no idea how they are going to portray me and my buddy Jim since we were only in the first episode for like 4 minutes. As far as offers... nothing as of yet just a couple of interviews here and there. Next episode I'll get a better idea of the editing, in the first show it was just too hard to tell - as for film crews, everywhere we went they went - it got the point that you really didn't even realize you were on camera.

Steve P.

So did you get a chance to wear your cape and mask in the show??  :devil:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

68chrgrwife

Quote from: NYCMille on March 18, 2007, 03:21:40 PM
Actually I didn't get to see any of them - when you see them I see them. I still have no idea how they are going to portray me and my buddy Jim since we were only in the first episode for like 4 minutes. As far as offers... nothing as of yet just a couple of interviews here and there. Next episode I'll get a better idea of the editing, in the first show it was just too hard to tell - as for film crews, everywhere we went they went - it got the point that you really didn't even realize you were on camera.

Yeah, I was thinking that you guys weren't on all that much, but there was very little drama going on with you guys (or at least that's what it seems).  Dramam sells, so I hope there is some dramam with you guys so we can see more of you.  Everytime they brought up the map of where all the cars were I paused it so I could see your location and where you were in the list.  I felt so bad for the guys in the olds..they had such a rough time with things....I personally was so happy that you did n't get picked to kill the light bulbs...I could just see Mr. Angry getting messed up....well, the one team..the dad messed the bumper nicely...that was hysterical.  I couldn't see risking messing up a muscle car (the charger, the olds, the 'stang) for stunts like that though....It is easier for all the other cars to replace their parts..(call a local dealer), but for you guys it takes a lot more....You're brave!!  How did the guy who got the huge rock in his radiator finally fix that?  Did her have a replacement with him or did they get him one that night?  Ok I'll leave you alone now..I know there are others who want your attention.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

TruckDriver

I would LOVE  to be on the show myself if my car was done. Sure, you take the chance of messing up your car, but then again, every time you get in it, your taking that chance. I never baby any of my cars. Even my mini van gets a workout when I'm driving it ;D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

dodgecharger-fan

I recorded it and watched it Friday night.

I liked it! Not enough screen time for the Charger though! ;)

I was a little surprised by the action of the loser at the end. It was kinda funny. Almost like she was to spun to realize she was in last place until they sais, "You're out."
Like, just no clue at all.

I see in the commercials that Mr. Angry does eventually don the spiky balls and goes after the lights. Any scary details you can share without spilling the beans?

DC_1

I was checking out the specs posted on the Spike site on the cars. I am having a hard time believing the Olds has 700 HP. I mean I know we have only seen one episode so far but I could swear I saw them punch it a few times in that Olds and it didn't exactly get squirrelly with all that supposed horse power. I read some of what they did and I am sure there are a few ponies there but 550 + and 700 hp with the nitros! 180 - 200mph top speed? ? ?

http://www.spiketv.com/shows/bullrun/galleries/teams/t11-1.html

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

NYCMille

The guys with the Olds swear that car will do 180-200mph... hmm... It's fast but that doesn't change the fact it has the aerodynamics of a barn door. Power wise, it probably had an honest 550hp on motor. As someone who used to race motorcycles and I can tell you first hand that there is BIG difference between 150mph and 200mph... things get EXPONENTIALLY creepier above 150...

I put down a 160mph top end for the Charger as I had it up too 153mph and it still had more to go, I was just starting to get VERY nervous. 110-120 all day is no problem, but at those higher speeds I tend to get a bit squimish.

And yes, next episode we do in fact don the "Spikey Balls"... so it should be good.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Old Moparz

Hey Mike, after reading that the other drivers were a bit ticked that you ended up getting some maps, it made me wonder if you broke an actual rule or not?  :shruggy:

All I remember reading was that you said they took away your electronics. Are paper maps against the rules or not?
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

HITMAN 149

oh yea..
speaking about the OLD's... i remember them saying thay had over $56K invested!?!?!?!? wtf!!!!!!!! sorrrrrry but i could think of a kabillion other cars i would have put that money into other than that OLD's

can;t wait till tues @10!!!!!!!
:devil:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

thallium

Buying all the maps, that was just being smart. It's a race, no law says you can't buy more than one map right?  :icon_smile_big:

NYCMille

Buying the maps was not a problem, so there were no penalties incurred. We were just not allowed to have anything with us when we started. Yes, they did take all our electronics but that didn't mean we couldn't use pay phones and or the general public for help when we needed it. The best was pulling into these small towns with the car all decked out in numbers and such and seeing the reactions of the people. Some people totally freaked out, others, on the highways wanted to race us, for the most part though all the people we came in contact with just wanted to know what the hell was going on. Just picture a car that looks like a NASCAR rolling in for gas at your local gas station the a camera crew rolls in behind it, then there is a helicopter overhead... people where like WTF is going on?!?

We were about as subtle as a space shuttle launch.

The spike bars were held onto the tops of the cars by these big suction cups - they actually worked out pretty good and didn't do any damage to the cars so I was obviously thankful for that.