News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_01

That is pretty cool. Congrats. :icon_smile_cool: I'll be watching to see how you did. NO SPOILERS PLEASE. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

67_Dodge_Charger

That was great.  I thought it was funny when someone said "Why would you move to Montana, there is nothing here."  That is fine with me stay away.  I live about 100 miles from where the race started,  Glacier National Park was a stones through away, and it was too bad they did not get some shots of Flathead Lake. 

Way to go.

Robert

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

694spdRT

Loved the show and your map trick.  ;D  Congrats on doing the show and thanks for giving Charger's yet another awesome example for all to admire on screen.  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

TruckDriver

Quote from: Back N Black on March 13, 2007, 10:31:52 PM
Cool show I like it!, the first  two gals to leave seem to be sore losers.

You think!?!?! Big time I'd say. I thought Goldburg handled it good though, funny actually :yesnod:

The blonde was cute tho I thought.

I LOVE THE SHOW!!! The guys in the Cutlass are goofballs too. I like the '57 Chevy too. I always liked them. :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Daytona Guy

Mike,

Great job. Wow you kept it quiet. I knew that was your car the moment I saw it. How did you get connected with this show?

You got in the Mopar Muscle Mag and this show, you the man. Your car looked great. I am proud to say that it was your car that gave me the idea for my wheels. Thank you for your help in setting me up with the right back spacing and size.

How did they place the 01 on your doors? Did you suffer any damage during the show? What time of the year did they do this show? Too many questions - sorry. I also did not read all the posts so you might have answered all these questions.

Dane

THE CHARGER PUNK

i actually liked those 2 chicks and the blonde one actaully knows her stuff, sucks about them gettin eliminated but no need 2 freak like that :rotz:

their car interview

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mjo2F9fYtTs&mode=related&search=

THE CHARGER PUNK

The 4 min casting call''check'' nice language''check'' :icon_smile_big: BLACK DODGE CHARGER''check'' :icon_smile_big: looks like u got yourself a frosty yummy beer in hand 2 :yesnod:YEEUH

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hvuw_51vbaA

89MOPAR

Funny show, we're looking foward to seeing the rest of them. Impressed with a bunch of things-
Mr Angry as the lead car at the start, the olds 442 and his classic plea to the police,the T/A in the bulb challenge.
The flag girl hitting the pavement.
I wish the eliminated folks run over something on their way out, suprised the Sciion drivers didn't.haha.
I suppose you just drive home from wherever eliminated ?
I can see how this would be better as a participant than being on "pinks"

Glacier Park is awesome, there's nothing remotely like it in the tri-state NY area.

77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

dkn1997

those two guys in the lambo come off as total turds.  Maybe it's the way it was edited, but they seem arrogant.   who knows, maybe they are nice guys in reall life.

They show the lambo  on a trailer in the previews.  That's a nice one to drag in on the hook to your local Pep boys.  "yeah, I need a clutch for a Lambo......"  they may not have that one in stock....
RECHRGED

Shakey

I caught the show and also thought it was pretty cool.  I kinda knew that it would be typical Spike TV camera work, quick 4 - 5 second shots and then speed up the film and move to something else.  That irks me but, what can one do.

The SoCal girls weren't taking things seriously from the start.  It seemed they figured it was some type of Spring Break party on wheels as they hooted and hollered as they got themselves lost.  I'm amazed at how many people in the world cannot read a road map.  The fellas from TX seemed to have their eyes on the Scion girls, until one of them whipped out the Tampax to plug the rad.  My first thought as to what the Texans were thinking after seeing that- "OK, now we can concentrate on the race again and not worry about gettin' laid at each check point!"

How does someone run over a rock that size in broad daylight?

I also noticed that the Olds didn't have the contingency sponsor stickers on the vehicle.  Mike, if you happen to read this or know - was that an option?  If they were to win the event would they get less money?

With regards to the air time, the producers obviously know who won before the editing begins and who got eliminated early on, hence the Scion air time in the first episode.  Could this mean something as I'd agree that there wasn't much coverage of the Charger, yet!   :scratchchin:

Charger71

I think the show could be a hit, but I think the Charger didn't get enough screen time.  I bet it will sooner or later, though.

As far as the Montana remark,  I have to disagree.  I live 100 miles or so from where the race was started.  I happen to like Montana.  I moved from a high crime rate, over-populated, non-scenic state back east to Montana.  I have been to NYC a dozen times.  I even used to live in Western NY.  Give me Montana anyday...  JMO...

Mike,
great car, great trick with the maps, and it's great you got a chance like that.
Charger71

old man

Great show nice to see a Mopar represent us and do as well as you did. Glad to see the girls go they seemed to take it very badly at end, when they acted like it was a college roadtrip thru the stages. Goldberg did a good job letting them know to hit the road. When they got mouthy he just cut them off at the knees. I'm like the others and hope the Lambo boys lose. I know you didn't have much screen time but I realize they were showing the cars that were in trouble most of the time. So if that's the way Spike wan't to play it fine leave you guys out until the final show. Nice job I can see why you were so excited about it. It looks like a blast. 
70 Challenger T/A, 66 Charger 440, 73 Duster 340,79 Little Red Express

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Hemidoug

Good job Mike! You guys looked great! Was there any reason why someone couldn't use GPS or add additional fuel capacity to their cars? What were the rules for modifications? Seems to me that a performance 4 banger with a large capacity for fuel would be unbeatable. Things that make you go HMMMMMMM.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

dart3404

PocketThunder

Quote from: Shakey on March 14, 2007, 06:19:43 AM
With regards to the air time, the producers obviously know who won before the editing begins and who got eliminated early on, hence the Scion air time in the first episode.  Could this mean something as I'd agree that there wasn't much coverage of the Charger, yet!   :scratchchin:

:iagree:

Mr. Angry did get hosed on screen time in the 1st episode.  I do think that this might be a trend for the series.  They don't want to play up the winner right away in the first episode. :icon_smile_big:  Just wishfull thinking! :boogie: :boogie: :drive:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

4forty

Looking good Mike! Can't wait for next episode... :2thumbs:

JR

I loved it. I just want to see you smoke the guys in the lambo. Maybe thats them that hits the bus in the next challenge....

Awesome show!
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

SnoPro440

Mike, the car looked sweet.  I thought the part when the ricer took off from the starting line and the chick fell was pretty funny.  And you, buying all the maps, classic!
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

Charger71

If you missed it Spiketv.com has the first episode on the "Bullrun" page.

They also feature Mike's car on several of their pages.  They like his car, too.

Maybe this show will make our cars worth more at Barrett-Jackson...   :punkrocka:

Yeah, I agree.  I like the part where the guy whines...  Officer, I have a few friends on the force in New York. I would appreciate a break. That was great.   

Charger71

73chgrSE

ramit

I loved when mr. angry would smoke the tires!  I just wish they would show the course map a little longer, that way you could tell where each of the teams are at.

NYCMille

Hey Guys -

Man, thanks so much for all the support on this.

Ok, where to begin. Yes, we started in Whitefish, Montana - no grips about Montana, but when your raised in Brooklyn and then you go to the country it's a bit strange, I'm used to seeing a building every 3 feet - think of it like this, the building that I am sitting in right now in NYC has 11,000 people in it. That's more then most of the towns populations that we drove through so it was culture shock for me. The girls on the show actually where pretty knowledgeable about cars and Dimi, the blonde actually has some road racing experience... the problem was her sister couldn't read map. When they got booted they were PISSED!!... Goldberg was really funny though and just basically told them to shut-up, quit bitchen' and leave... which they did. Also, he is honestly one of the nicest guys on the planet, a real car guy and someone who appreciates a well set-up machine.

We didn't get that much screen time in the first episode which is ok, cause' we're still in it, but consider this - they had to open up the story, give a brief introduction to 12 teams, create a story line and someone had to get booted in the end. That's a lot to stuff into 44 minutes of television. You'll different scenarios unfold throughout the show, different people will start to have problems, make some mistakes and just do plain stupid stuff.

All the decals on the car were vinyl and came off with no problems - did we take any damage? A couple of scuffs here and there but nothing that couldn't be remedied - everything right now is all back to normal. When we filmed in Montana it was COLD!!! I'm talking like 2 degrees cold... it sucked. The scenery however was some of the most beautiful that I have ever seen and I was just so cool to be able to do this with one of my best friends. It was a blast.

I do also have to say this... and I am not just saying this because it's my car but the everyone one the show, production crew and in every town thought the Charger was the coolest car they'd ever seen - even more so then the Lamborghini, in fact the guys with the Lamborghini wanted to buy the car... it cracked me up.

If you guys have any more questions just let me know - my car is the way it is because of all the advise that people on this list have given me, so I'll tell you everything I can (without getting sued) so just ask away - and don't worry, Team Charger is not going anywhere.

Cheers - Mike