News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

You put him behind the wheel of an elephant and he'll be yardin' out that gas hogg.  ;)

Arigmaster

Don't forget to fix that fuel guage Mike! Maybe even run a second one for the reserve cell....   8)

SeattleCharger

So is it going to look like Mad Max's Intereceptor?   The extra fuel reserve will be nice, doubt you need the booby trap bomb attachment along with that mod. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

NYCMille

Hey Doug... YOUR ON!! Shoot me a PM with your # and we'll hook up.

I'll tell ya', we are actually doing A LOT of stuff now. Last week we dropped the tranny pan to make sure stuff was ok only to find that there were about 2 and half tablespoons of clutch material in the pan... not good, so we dropped the whole trans. and went for a full rebuilt, new clutches, all hard parts cleaned, sorted, rebuilt and put back together. We then pulled the GV unit as well and replaced all the seals and rear bearing as well. Since the tranny was out I figured it was an opportunity to have a WICKED converter custom built by Pro-Torque. It's a billet 9.5" unit with a about a 2700 stall. Really nice piece.

We then pulled the rear-end apart and found another "not good" situation, the sure-grip was TOAST! When we did that bus challenge and I went for the dounut only one wheel was spinning. Both spun up in a straight line but that was it. When the rear was pulled apart we found the retaining pins were sheared and it was literally grinding metal to metal. I was actually VERY lucky I didn't blow it up on the show. So instead of going with a rebuild I opted to put in a Eaton Performance Detroit Truetrac unit in place. So, were getting there.

Then I was thinking about the whole fuel thing and just decided to go for the fuel cell - I may never get a chance to run a rally like this again and when I do this I want to it right and will be going to for decent finish - main reason is the entrance fee is 17.5k. Now with 34 gallons of fuel at 11-12mpg I should be able to roll about 350-370 comfortably between fill-ups cruising at speed. That will work for me. SO, with the transmission, GV Unit and rear-end rebuilt, plus the added fuel, I should be able to do ok. I also opted for new set of tires all around. The way I see it is that when this is all over I really want people to look at this car and say that it is not just a Charger with a nice paint job, it's one that has been proven over 8000 miles of hardcore competition and is a pretty serious ride.

Oh yea, the fuel gauge is now fixed and we added a tranny temp. gauge and oil temp guage... so we should be in good shape.

Here are some pics - we should have everything done by Friday.  :o

NYCMille

A few more...

BrianShaughnessy

:o    That's one helluva tune up you're getting!     Good luck Mike! 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

HITMAN 149

mike...
when your done w/ mr angry...... you can adopt my charger project!!!!!! :D
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

LL1 1967 Coronet

Yeah Mike, you are smart to check your car over that way. Most people would have never done that - and thanks for the pics - very cool to see Mr. Angry going "under the knife" sort of speak!  :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_cool:

mikepmcs

Nice stuff going on right there.  You really know how to treat your car brother!! :METAL: :METAL: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers:

sscccchhhaaawwwwwwwwwiiiiiiiiinnnnnng!
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

NYCMille

DC_1

WOW!.....your spending a few bucks there!

Did you recently come into some money?....wink,wink

The70RT

WOW....NIce deal. Im glad you found all that now and not when the race was on the line. Keep it going buddy. The show is on again now if you missed it.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TruckDriver

:o :o :o Holy Cow!!! The entrance fee alone is $17.5k for the actual Bull Run!? What is the pay off if you win it? Pretty good I bet :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

472 R/T SE

jasonfromIKILLYA

goddamn!  that's a tune up!  what garage do you use Mike?
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

SeattleCharger

Quote from: mikepmcs on April 07, 2007, 12:44:46 PM
Nice stuff going on right there.  You really know how to treat your car brother!! :METAL: :METAL: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :cheers: :cheers:

sscccchhhaaawwwwwwwwwiiiiiiiiinnnnnng!

Mikepmcs, heh, that is awesome. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on April 07, 2007, 02:54:32 PM
Just a thought.  :blush2:  I was always told any time you spend more than $10k on a motor that a air/fuel meter is a must.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Innovate-LM-1-Air-Fuel-Wideband-LMA-2-RPM-LM1-LMA2_W0QQitemZ110109778070QQihZ001QQcategoryZ43989QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I just got mine from that same seller in the mail yesterday  :2thumbs:

I'm probably gonna go back and get an inductive clamp for the tach deal and a tailpipe clamp so I can make mine truly portable to help out my friends around here.   Meanwhile I'll get the bung welded in my exhaust for myself.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

70charger_boy

He just bought that garage with the 200 grand that he won from bullrun

70charger_boy

NYCMille

A dyno run with the air/fuel monitor will be done within' the next 2 weeks... we're really just trying to optimize what we already have. Honestly, the exhaust should be redone as well as I think the flowmasters that are on there are somewhat restrictive, I just don't have the extra cash right now with all the other work that we doing now to get a new systems made up.

Let me ask you guys a questions though... right now I am running a Holley 800DP and I have a Edelbrock 750 with vacum secondaries that I am thinking of swapping on for better fuel economy. I really do not want to loose any top end umph... whattya' you guys think?

thanks - Mike

70charger_boy

If it was me I would go with the edelbrock 750.  Vacuum secondaries will greatly help with mpg's as long as you don't floor it all the time. The great thing about the edelbrock is that you have the power on demand.  Just make sure you are running a dual plane intake

mikepmcs

Quote from: NYCMille on April 07, 2007, 07:24:58 PM

Let me ask you guys a questions though... right now I am running a Holley 800DP and I have a Edelbrock 750 with vacum secondaries that I am thinking of swapping on for better fuel economy. I really do not want to loose any top end umph... whattya' you guys think?

thanks - Mike

Holley 750HP would do the job tuned for sure.   ED750 might do the trick but I sway towards the Holley cult.

Crap, I'll take my 750 off and send it to you for the ride.  Actually all you need is someone that can tune that thing.  Too bad you ain't in Maine, I'd hook you up brother!

v/r
Mike

ChargerRT440

Hey Mike can we get your honest opinion on team lambo? is it just me or does that guy know nothing about cars other then the price tag? I'm not trying to be a d*ck but I was hoping you'd be giving us your opinion on who gets eliminated. Personally I thought the lambo would do better then they did but I'm honestly pleased that they lost because their attitude was horrible from what the show is showing. I love the charger man it's about time somebody in a mopar showed what we really have going on here.