News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Quote from: Paul G on April 05, 2007, 11:45:55 AM
Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on April 04, 2007, 10:35:52 PM
:icon_smile_big:  Every mexican I've ever known or worked with were excellent people.  hard workers, family motivated, and honorable.  I think it says something if you're willing to risk your life to make things better for your family.

My experience also.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

And some Mexican women are HOT! And, if you ever had REAL Mexican cooking like I have, It Rocks!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Troy

Quoting myself here:
Quote from: Troy on March 26, 2007, 08:36:43 PM
Before any of you geniuses goes on another site to slam someone remember that 1,000 more just like you will end up here. In other words, please keep your insults to yourselves and if - for some compelling reason - you can't then don't you dare link back to this site. Thanks.

While I think it is fun to egg on the competition at times I do not condone any sort of activity that's meant to start an internet "flame war". It won't take long for anyone with some semblance of intelligence to figure out where you guys are coming from and end up here. I suppose some people think  it's fun to join a site to make one post blasting a member of their community with no real interest in the community itself but I personally find it incredibly annoying. Showing support for someone is NOT the same as ridiculing others. Think of how you guys will react when a mass of new members sign on just to tear down Mike, his car, Chargers in general, or even the "reality" of the show. Mike has to put his car out there in real life so he's in it for more than just a little bench racing.

This site (hopefully) as well as the show celebrates cars and car culture so let's try to focus on the positive.

Thanks,
Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Hemidoug

Quote from: Troy on April 05, 2007, 12:20:43 PM
Quoting myself here:
Quote from: Troy on March 26, 2007, 08:36:43 PM
Before any of you geniuses goes on another site to slam someone remember that 1,000 more just like you will end up here. In other words, please keep your insults to yourselves and if - for some compelling reason - you can't then don't you dare link back to this site. Thanks.

While I think it is fun to egg on the competition at times I do not condone any sort of activity that's meant to start an internet "flame war". It won't take long for anyone with some semblance of intelligence to figure out where you guys are coming from and end up here. I suppose some people think  it's fun to join a site to make one post blasting a member of their community with no real interest in the community itself but I personally find it incredibly annoying. Showing support for someone is NOT the same as ridiculing others. Think of how you guys will react when a mass of new members sign on just to tear down Mike, his car, Chargers in general, or even the "reality" of the show. Mike has to put his car out there in real life so he's in it for more than just a little bench racing.

This site (hopefully) as well as the show celebrates cars and car culture so let's try to focus on the positive.

Thanks,
Troy

While I agree with you on "starting" things off, I disagree with you on this particular incident. Mike is a hero to most of us on this board, myself included. He has held the banner high. Anyone who talks smak about him talks smak about all of us IMHO. I didn't get involved until they started ganging up on him.  There is no reason to link back to here.  I've had my say, and I would do the same for ANY of my brothers here.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

LL1 1967 Coronet

I was kinda thinking the same.... Mike will have to see "those guys" on the real Bullrun...so we probably wouldn't want to start anything stupid, that Mike would have to finsih later, and put himself, or Mr. Angry in jeopardy.  Troy has a good point about them getting into our sh*t as well  :flame: :flame: :flame:  Mike and Jim are big boys :angel:, they can handle it themselves....without our help (or hinderance) :2thumbs:. .....but hell, who am I to judge  :devil: :devil: :devil: I've been know to be an instigator myself  :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

mikepmcs

WOW, I normally don't link to other forums to read threads(because i'm very content right here) , but I I found myself compelled in this instance for some unknown reason. I've been plowing since 3am so i must be loopy.

I was just trying to figure out the players.  Obviously, Mikey, but is Jason the F150 guy, and I figured out Alsop by the last name.  Who is the gasmonkeygarage fella.  Forgive my ignorance but i'm trying to figure it out.

The F150 fella(if that's him) seemed to spill a little beans on his posts.  Hope I'm wrong on that one.  To me it's like seeing the Yankees lose I game.(I don't deal well with it, period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)  and i live in the northeast with all the sox fans(i'm hated!!)

Nice posts Mike, glad to see the spanking on the other forum!  Knew you had that side too!  Appreciate the way you post here though, always trying to answer all the questions with grace and class. 

Rock on Team Charger!  You've won already in my eyes.   :2thumbs:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Troy

Quote from: Hemidoug on April 05, 2007, 12:33:53 PM
While I agree with you on "starting" things off, I disagree with you on this particular incident. Mike is a hero to most of us on this board, myself included. He has held the banner high. Anyone who talks smak about him talks smak about all of us IMHO. I didn't get involved until they started ganging up on him.  There is no reason to link back to here.  I've had my say, and I would do the same for ANY of my brothers here.
That's commendable - I encourage sticking up for fellow members whenever possible. The major difference is in the "how" and the "where". Plus, Mike started that one so it's not like he was called out needlessly. Whether you link back to here or not doesn't matter if a whole gang of people who seem to know each other bumrush another site. It doesn't take an honors student to backtrack them. Do you want someone coming here and talking the way you are/were on that site? Again, I have no problems whatsoever with anyone going to Mike's "rescue" by refuting the claims of others but stooping to below their level and tossing around juvenile insults isn't quite the same thing. In reality it's probably only enforcing stereotypes. In my opinion of course.

I did a wee bit of research before responding and I'd say the guy you're going up against seems to have some bragging rights and may actually know a bit about the subject. Another tidbit I ran across is that in the real Bullrun rally he may be using a high-speed boat to bypass the speed traps on the way through Florida to Key West. Who needs fuel stops and 35 mph traffic when you can get a suntan on the water? ;)

Lastly, I seriously doubt you can stoop low enough to "underclass" this one. ;)

Troy

Hemidoug

QuoteLastly, I seriously doubt you can stoop low enough to "underclass" this one.

hehehe...now I understand why he would own a gay bull......I must have stumbled onto a dark secret....hehehehe

I revised some of my statements after your original post...some good dialog if you are interested..... :icon_smile_big:

MAN!!!! That guy really knows how to piss people off. Did you read some of the things posted about what he did on your link? Those guys are going for his blood! It is a riot!

http://spankmymarketer.com/summary.html  Follow the link...it's funny as hell!

QuoteAnother tidbit I ran across is that in the real Bullrun rally he may be using a high-speed boat to bypass the speed traps on the way through Florida to Key West. Who needs fuel stops and 35 mph traffic when you can get a suntan on the water?

I'll bet a call to the Coast Guard would slow him down a bit.......Just a thought for the hometeam...wink wink.

The70RT

Quote from: Hemidoug on April 05, 2007, 06:23:23 PM
QuoteLastly, I seriously doubt you can stoop low enough to "underclass" this one.

hehehe...now I understand why he would own a gay bull......I must have stumbled onto a dark secret....hehehehe

I revised some of my statements after your post...some good dialog if you are interested..... :icon_smile_big:

You are probably right Doug. Maybe it is Ass Monkey Garage :rofl:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Hemidoug on April 05, 2007, 06:23:23 PM

I revised some of my statements after your original post...some good dialog if you are interested..... :icon_smile_big:

MAN!!!! That guy really knows how to piss people off. Did you read some of the things posted about what he did on your link? Those guys are going for his blood! It is a riot!

http://spankmymarketer.com/summary.html  Follow the link...it's funny as hell!

QuoteAnother tidbit I ran across is that in the real Bullrun rally he may be using a high-speed boat to bypass the speed traps on the way through Florida to Key West. Who needs fuel stops and 35 mph traffic when you can get a suntan on the water?

I'll bet a call to the Coast Guard would slow him down a bit.......Just a thought for the hometeam...wink wink.

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   Can't believe in one day I actually went from wanting to rank down the guy on that thread to actually sort of feeling sorry for him.  That is harsh, but funny. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

skip68

Wow,...I just read  part of that  link and my stomach churned! Those morons over on that site just exude their "inbreeding"  :devil: and stupidity!  ::) :RantExplode:
The only ones I have seen on the show that had any "Class" were Team Charger and the Father/Daughter team! Mike & Jim,  you keep making our Mopar Family Proud!!!!!!!!! :yesnod:
(No matter what the outcome is,...you guys ROCK!!!!!) :METAL:

Best of luck gentlemen! :-*
Mrs.Skip68
;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

68chrgrwife

Quote from: skip68 on April 05, 2007, 09:50:10 PM
Wow,...I just read  part of that  link and my stomach churned! Those morons over on that site just exude their "inbreeding"  :devil: and stupidity!  ::) :RantExplode:
The only ones I have seen on the show that had any "Class" were Team Charger and the Father/Daughter team! Mike & Jim,  you keep making our Mopar Family Proud!!!!!!!!! :yesnod:
(No matter what the outcome is,...you guys ROCK!!!!!) :METAL:

Best of luck gentlemen! :-*
Mrs.Skip68
;)

I agree...I like the D&D (dad and Daughter) team..they seem pretty cool...Otherwise I am not too thrileed with the other teams...I thought it was pretty gross watching the F150 guy shove dip in his grill.  and he has been a bit of a turd the whole time...I hope that he gets torn down a few notches soon.....Sorry Mike, I know you said that you talk to most of these people now, but He seems like an ass......
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

bordin34

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

defiance

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on April 05, 2007, 10:43:30 PM
...I thought it was pretty gross watching the F150 guy shove dip in his grill.  and he has been a bit of a turd the whole time...I hope that he gets torn down a few notches soon.....Sorry Mike, I know you said that you talk to most of these people now, but He seems like an ass......
I agree that it was a bit sickening to watch, but on the other hand, the dude really could drive...

68chrgrwife

Quote from: defiance on April 05, 2007, 11:16:05 PM
Quote from: 68chrgrwife on April 05, 2007, 10:43:30 PM
...I thought it was pretty gross watching the F150 guy shove dip in his grill.  and he has been a bit of a turd the whole time...I hope that he gets torn down a few notches soon.....Sorry Mike, I know you said that you talk to most of these people now, but He seems like an ass......
I agree that it was a bit sickening to watch, but on the other hand, the dude really could drive...

Yeah I give him props for that as of righ tnow..he is doing pretty well, never having any trouble, and coming in the top every time..kinda pissing me off...don't know what his strategy is, but it is working....Hope it doesn't work too much longer...I want him out....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Troy

I was reading an article on the Bullrun 2005 that goes between LA and Vegas. It was talking about all the tickets and the spectacle but I found this quote interesting:
"Sean Murphy, Num Chuck guitar player and singer, said his band had a bus equipped with a cooler and restroom and drove without stopping for gas but didn't exceed 70 miles per hour and still finished in the top five."
http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/html/2005/07/28/105105.php

It's the old "tortoise and the hare" story but it enforces Mike's approach to the upcoming race (except for the not-stopping-for-gas part). ;)

Back to the topic of the show... what happened to the Thursday night rerun? They changed the time of the Saturday rerun last week and this week they showed the episode twice in a row on Tuesday like the first episode. How am I supposed to plan my TV time? :D

Troy

SeattleCharger

note:  if you have comcast digital cable, get the dvr box, its the same as tivo,  stores any shows/series you set to record in a library, has four fast f. and rewind speeds, frame by frame pause, 10 or 15 bucks a month,   you can even pause live tv, even if you aren't recording, you can rewind live tv, you can hit record and it records the whole show, even if you didn't decide to record it until the last second of it,  including all the parts of show you missed already, but you have to have it on that channel already, its worth it, you never need to watch commercials again, there are lots of older movies on tbs, tnt, etc, but the amount of commercials is ridiculous, fast forward through all the commercials, 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

NYCMille

Troy, exactly... you don't have to have the fastest car in this rally to be competitive, nor do you have to speed and endanger others. We all know that there are certain times and places that you can open up your car and have a little fun, but you have to do this sparingly. Just like with the show, the key to this (in my opinion) is consistancy - be smart, navigate correctly and stay out of trouble and I have a feeling you'll do fine.

But yea, the gas thing may hurt us a little bit, we'll see how that works out. ::)

472 R/T SE

Yo' Mike.  Again great job representin'. 
Gotta ask tho, I wonder why R you gettin' such crappy fuel mileage?  Both my motors, the 6 pack 440 I had and now the Hemi have gotten at least 13 mpg w/ 3:55's.  I thought that's the same gear ratio you're running?  My 440 build sounded similar to yours as well.  It's only 4 mpg more than you but that adds up.

Now's a good time to mention I just LOVE my new Gear Vendors.  You were so RIGHT about having it.  Out on the freeway turning 2500 rpm @ 70mph, anxious to see what my mpg is now if any better.  hijack over.

NYCMille

Glad you like the GV unit - definitely a great mod. to any old ride. As for my mileage, well we were working on the car today and I decided to go for the fuel cell. We're installing a 15 gallon cell in the trunk, that combined with my 19 gallon should give me close to a 400 mile range... NICE!!

I'll post pics later on...

mikepmcs

Friggin'  awesome!  Can't wait for the pics to check out how it's plumbed in there. :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

70charger_boy

I have a feeling that 15 gallon fuel cell cost 200 grand

LL1 1967 Coronet

The70RT

Quote from: LL1 1967 Coronet on April 06, 2007, 06:12:18 PM
I wonder if Vegas is putting odds on this show yet?  :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue:

If they are the new tank will up the odds
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Steve P.

I would think you should be able to tap into the fuel fill tube near the top for a vent and near the trunk floor to keep a constant fill. Gravity should do it or you could use a small fuel pump with the same taps.

Are you going over the axle or over the tank with the cell? Over the axle would leave you more room and I think it would be safer in case of a rear end crash.

When you fill up you could pump from 2 dispensers at the same time.  :coolgleamA:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Hemidoug

Quote from: NYCMille on April 06, 2007, 05:02:59 PM
Glad you like the GV unit - definitely a great mod. to any old ride. As for my mileage, well we were working on the car today and I decided to go for the fuel cell. We're installing a 15 gallon cell in the trunk, that combined with my 19 gallon should give me close to a 400 mile range... NICE!!

I'll post pics later on...

That's GREAT Mike, I'm glad your going for the extra tank. That will save you a lot of time! You should be getting 14+ MPG with that 440 if it's tuned right. What carb are you running? Believe it or not, a thermoquad is just about the best carb for good gas mileage. Do you have someone who knows their way around carbs and tuning helping you? If you have any questions or need some tuning tips let me know. I've been in and out of carbs all my life and can lend you a hand if needed. I'm not to far from you if you need an extra set of hands. Heck, if it's a nice day I'll drive out in the 69 and let you stir the gears......