News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mean 318

OK, first off, THANKS for taking the time to do this, and good luck in this and next bull run. My question was what could/did you bring with you? What tools, parts, fluids did you take with you. Thanks again. Zack-

TUFCAT

Mike, I had the opportunity to go back and read all of your episode recaps on YouTube. Great Job man.  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: You seem like you really care about us, out here in TV land...  and giving up that background info really makes a huge difference in our viewing pleasure!  I hope your wife has been cool about all the time you've spent with your fans and creating those videos for us on YouTube....in fact, she's probably cool like mine 'caus she's also from Houston, (Kingwood, TX).  P.S, she needs to give up that rice burner for a Mopar product...  :scratchchin: How about a Big Phat Charger SRT-8 (of course, in black) sitting along side Mr. Angry. It could have the plate "Mrs. Angry"   :devil: :devil: :devil:

volk68

Quote from: NYCMille on April 19, 2007, 12:56:29 PM
5.  Were those chocolate chip cookies
- Nope... Keibler Fudge Stripes

Ahh...good choice  :yesnod:

Just thought I would let you know that even my wife enjoyed the last episode...and up till now, she has only had a passing interest in the show.  She is pulling for you guys...in fact, when you did the bus competition with the Lotus, she was the one who thought you guys would win...I hate to say it, but I thought the Lotus had the advantage...I think I was just confusing your Charger's handling with mine  :brickwall:

If I remember correctly, I think you are married, too.  What has your wife thought of the show so far?

bull

Quote from: NYCMille on April 19, 2007, 01:32:37 PM
POST EM' BABY!!... but do it here  ;D

Ok, I will! ;D

From page 25: Mike, I just noticed your car's stainless door trim is gone and your drip rails are gone too. Is that part of the look inspired by the guy with the Dart you talked about earlier?

From page 28:
Quote from: BigJim on April 09, 2007, 09:32:29 PM
"If I remember this right, the next episode should be pretty cool.  It always depends on what they decide to air so I don't want to make any promises. Mike... can you believe they cut the whole side story about Cecil?!?!"

What side story about Cecil?

New ones:

1. Are you guys purposely trying to stay at the middle or back of the pack, or is that a fuel mileage issue? You guys always start out great and then end up toward the back.

2. (maybe more of a comment) Am I the only one who finds it interesting that the newer cars have experienced more mechanical difficulties than the older ones?

3. What benefit is there to creating alliances as opposed to just being decent to everyone? I mean, no one is really fooled into thinking their allies are going to let them win, are they?

4. Many times I've heard people say they want this team gone or that team gone (even the Olds guys singled you and Jim out once) but is there really anything you could have done to eliminate someone from the race? I don't see how without using a voodoo doll or running them off the road or something.

5. What was the most frustrating thing about the race? Your fuel mileage? Navigation? Drama from the other participants? A bent rim? A messed up speedo or gas gauge?

6. (added) Did Goldberg ever take you aside and talk shop with you about your car? I see he has a '69 Hemi 4spd Charger in his collection so were you guys comparing notes? Is it safe to assume Mr. Angry might have been his favorite? Did you really get to visit with him at all?

TUFCAT

Quote from: Ponch ® on April 19, 2007, 01:34:25 PM

I for one wouldn't mind getting locked up in a hotel with the 2 sisters... :icon_smile_evil:

Ponch.... Don't get me wrong  - - I LOVE HOTTIES.....But PUH-LEASE!  any other broads than those two!    :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:  I think I'd end up jumping out the window to my death first.   :'( :'( :'(

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Paul G on April 19, 2007, 10:44:02 AM
Quote from: AirborneSilva on April 19, 2007, 10:11:57 AM
Quote from: Paul G on April 19, 2007, 09:57:56 AM
Quote from: hemigeno on April 19, 2007, 09:35:20 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Team Charger wins it all, and it couldn't happen to a better pair of guys, who couldn't be driving a cooler car if they had their pick of all the entries.

:iagree: It is all starting to add up. Team Charger is going to be in another Bullrun. That has been stated somewhere. Cardomain asked Mike to do a bit about the Charger. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/744737 . Very cool piece, you wouldn't ask a looser to do a piece like that I wouldn't think. And in the credits on the show Mike is shown throwing down a helmet. Could that be in the final episode? The winning episode? Go Team Charger!!!!

Sure you wouldn't do a piece on a loser, but, neither Mike, Jim or Mr. Angry are losers, even if they don't ultimately win BullRun.  They way Mike and Jim are conducting themselves, and well what can you say negative about Mr. Angry?  All three of them are winners, even if they don't end up with the $200K (but I'm still hoping they do  :icon_smile_big:)

Dont get me wrong here. I didnt say they were loosers. I am saying that Cardomain wouldnt have asked them to do the piece unless they were the winners. Get it?  :yesnod:

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you were say they were losers, I was just saying that even if they didn't get the $200K they are still winners due to the way they conducted themselves on the show...

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on April 19, 2007, 02:16:52 PM

2. (maybe more of a comment) Am I the only one who finds it interesting that the newer cars have experienced more mechanical difficulties than the older ones?

If I may interject here.  I think that had more to do with the drivers of the cars. Seems like the people in the newer cars felt too confident about their vehicles - precisely because they're new - and felt they could abuse them a little more. I'd probably also attribute it to not knowing much about their cars. Remember the BMW guy saying "it's new, so I won't have any problems with it" and then going out and doing that burnout that almost blew up his engine?

Up until this point, we haven't seen Team Charger, the Olds guys, or even the Mexicans try to pull off some stupid stunt like that. Probably because they were more of aware of what their cars could do...not to mention not wanting to f-up all the work they put into them. You think the F150 guys would have run through a wall of bricks if they'd spent tons of time and money building that truck themselves? They knew all they had to do was call a dealership (be it during the show or after) and get it fixed.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

NYCMille

Guys - I have to bolt... I'll answer these questions later tonight!

jasonfromIKILLYA

just for the record.  the number I posted is clearly listed on the Spike tv website as a viewer feedback number.  it takes you directly to voicemail so you can leave them a message.  I didn't put anything out there that they haven't done themselves.

I got your message Mike, and I'll call you.  Looks like they deleted my thread on the other site.  I guess Spike doesn't like people calling their bluff.

it is a reality show, but you yourself said you were pissed to all hell, so how do you expect us to be?  especially those of us who have an overactive sense of justice.  :D  Besides, you can't fight that war.  you signed a contract.  I can.  Am I overreacting?  probably, but personally, I wish more people would get upset about the fact that the TV takes us for ignorant asses.

go mr angry.
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Steve P.

Quote from: NYCMille on April 19, 2007, 02:47:19 PM
Guys - I have to bolt... I'll answer these questions later tonight!

If you think you have questions to answer now, you just wait till the show is over...  :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Troy

I can maybe answer a couple of these...

Quote from: bull on April 19, 2007, 02:16:52 PM
From page 25: Mike, I just noticed your car's stainless door trim is gone and your drip rails are gone too. Is that part of the look inspired by the guy with the Dart you talked about earlier?
The drip rails were shaved before Mike bought the car. I think all of the trim removal would have been done before the paint job (also before Mike bought it I believe).

Quote from: bull
From page 28:
Quote from: BigJim on April 09, 2007, 09:32:29 PM
"If I remember this right, the next episode should be pretty cool.  It always depends on what they decide to air so I don't want to make any promises. Mike... can you believe they cut the whole side story about Cecil?!?!"

What side story about Cecil?
He answered that - see here:
Quote from: NYCMille on April 10, 2007, 07:37:41 AM
BTW, Cecil is the name that Jim gave to JR in BMW... it was great because by tonights episode we had all been together for a pretty long time and EVERYONE was calling him Cecil... he was getting pissed!! It was actually pretty funny though.
;D

I agree with the post above - the drivers of the newer cars seemed to feel that they were invincible (but Mike Alsop seems to know how to fix his). The guys who spent their lives building their cars took much better care with them.

4. Many times I've heard people say they want this team gone or that team gone (even the Olds guys singled you and Jim out once) but is there really anything you could have done to eliminate someone from the race? I don't see how without using a voodoo doll or running them off the road or something.
I don't know obviously but the main way that I can see is to finish in the top two on the first leg to put someone into a challenge they'll hopefully lose. The challenge can't drop them any farther than last place though so if the teams are close then it doesn't hurt too bad - especially if the second leg plays to the strengths of the last place team. Unfortunately, due to breakage and poor navigation the cars that *should* lose are spared. As the saying goes "that's why they play the game".

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

I saw the post about Jim giving Cecil the name but I'm under the assumption there's more to it than that since Jim called it a 'side story.' Like there was some extra drama involving him that we weren't privy to here in TV-land.

RT DAVE

I don't see anything wrong with the f150 guys handing over evidence that the lotus and honda guys cheated.  I do, however, think they are sissies for not fessing up to doing it when they were first questioned about it though.   I haven't really watched too much of the show, but I thnk it's funny that the mexicans might have been dqd for taking too long of a dump at the convenience store.   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

jwilk01

Hey Mike I posted this back a few pages ago and I think it got lost.

Holy crap that was a crazy episode!! 

Question for you Mike (I may have missed it earlier), But were you guys allowed to have your own cell phones.  Like was team f-150 on there cell phones to the local ford dealer to get parts? 

Good luck and we hope you took it all the way.

PS. If you are ever in Ohio drop me a line and we will meet up, I would love to shake your hand, buddy!!

Later
Josh

TruckDriver

Mike, you said when people got the boot off the show, they had to stay in a hotel for the duration. What about the BMW guys since it was a family issue that made them leave? Did one go home, and one stay?

Did they have showers for you guys to use on site, or were you on your own for that?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

71ChallengeHer

Mike, Sorry about that. You didn't post that so I just thought it was an interesting point of view.  I never posted that to keep people from watching the show.  I was just surprised as careful that Mike was being about disclosing details of the show, that Brian and Jason went into that much detail.  Shelby and I will continue watching.  We have to see how our favorite team does. GO TEAM CHARGER.

MoparManJim

yea I had a question here it is. 

How far off is the speedo? was is it - or + speed? 

Jim

Mean 318

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Mean 318 on April 19, 2007, 06:36:21 PM
it said 80mph when they were only going 75

actually i was fortunate enuf to talk with mike for a while this morning and he said it was off 6 mph not that thats a big difff from what you said but anyway ...........by the way not that it was hard to believe or anything but it was real cool talking with mike today about the show and chargers  VERY COOL GUY ! and thats my favorite part about the hobby we all share is the great people that we get to meet along the way MOPARS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

70charger_boy

I have a feeling that mike will have to change his number real soon.  I would love to call ya buddy, but I'm sure I would get a busy signal...Oh, and tell mr. >:( I said what's up

mikepmcs

:iagree:  with Brian(1hot68)

Haven't talked to Mike personally but...in my book all you guys/gals rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the greatest thing since sliced bread and of course the Rubiks Cube.  Oh yeah Yahtzee, and chutes and ladders and.............ok i'm dwindling,   :icon_smile_big:
once again, but my point is, this is big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUSTO IN 08'

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69Chrgr

Mike kicks ass, my wife and sister-in-law and nieces love the show.....and of course Big Bad Mike and Mr. Angry. Now time for me to find them F-150 boys........

TUFCAT

I just noticed that you have no a/c ...good thing you guys didn't have to worry during this rally- - but man, without a/c things could get a bit sticky, especially for Big Jim having to make his "long distance adjustments". Any thought of adding aftermarket a/c for the future like Classic Auto Air or Vintage Air?   

The70RT

Quote from: 69Chrgr on April 19, 2007, 07:22:57 PM
Mike kicks ass, my wife and sister-in-law and nieces love the show.....and of course Big Bad Mike and Mr. Angry. Now time for me to find them F-150 boys........

Check the "BLUE BOYS ROOM" or "THE JACKASS INN" :devil:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sinister68

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on April 19, 2007, 05:23:21 PM
Mike, you said when people got the boot off the show, they had to stay in a hotel for the duration. What about the BMW guys since it was a family issue that made them leave? Did one go home, and one stay?

I was wondering the same thing.   ???

My 2 questions:
1- Were the use of GPS (or other similar devices) prohibited during the show?  ???
2- Has your partner Jim seen any of these posts?   :D

Sometime when your in Houston, me and some of the other local DC.com folks ought to get together and buy you a beer...or at least a RedBull and some Fudge Stripes!!   ;D  :icon_smile_big:  :yesnod:
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54