News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV - YEP, I'M ON IT!! (Video & PIC)

Started by NYCMille, February 15, 2007, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianShaughnessy

Funny how given time,  the truth will come out in the wash. 

The F150 repairs just didn't add up.     I know Mike has his hands tied as to what he can say.  I'm guessing the lotus dude might get in a bind for spilling some beans.    Time will further tell.

I still think the F150 dude is a jerkoff but knowing that this isn't a race but a rally in which speeding isn't really allowed,   fuel mileage and accuracy matter more than shear brute force (except in challenges)....  well his strategy to use a truck isn't all that bad.

Being speed handicapped like that,   without the challenges to shake things up... this could be compared somewhat to restrictor plate nascar racing.   It's all about the pitstops!
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Khyron

I just won $20!!!!!!!!

I was betting a friend that the repair of the truck was more then 45 min, I even bet a day at least! :dance:

team F-150 are chumps!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

jasonfromIKILLYA

holy shit!!!! Well, now we know that the show is a complete joke.  after that, it really doesn't matter who wins.  they didn't really win because everything would have been different if they had been fair.  I guess I'm just watching to enjoy the charger now.  much respect to you Mike for hanging in.

I just called AND e-mailed spike to express my disgust.  if any of you want it, you can reach spike at 212-846-2560

It's nice to know that they believe the viewers are all idiot androids who don't care about honesty or any other value.  Fuck Spike.  Goldberg, if you're reading, you should be ashamed for not walking off the set.
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Steve P.

Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on April 19, 2007, 08:56:29 AM
holy shit!!!! Well, now we know that the show is a complete joke.  after that, it really doesn't matter who wins.  they didn't really win because everything would have been different if they had been fair.  I guess I'm just watching to enjoy the charger now.  much respect to you Mike for hanging in.

I kind of agree, but we all know this is television and to keep people interested they must create some strife..  Most of US would continue to watch regardless. BUT,,, my bet is thousands more would just forget it is even on at all// Look at Paul Sr. and Jr.  Without the mouth of Paul Sr. the show would be better for most of us that enjoy the builds and camaraderie. For many more it is the arguing and out an out blather that keeps SOME coming back.. I have no idea why..

I don't think anything will change for future shows. Maybe some learning curves have been put to paper, but TV is TV.   Know what I mean Gilligan??  :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

mikepmcs

I just enjoy the show no matter what the editing.  It's nice to see these types of shows that race everywhere and see the challenges they face along the way. I have much respect for all the teams in there for doing what they did and taking time out of their lives to provide me a little entertainment.  I appreciate Mike breaking down what he can, and his youtube videos are interesting to say the least.

I will continue to enjoy the show and Mike's follow up after each episode.

Rock on Bullrun!

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Steve P.

Them posting on the web site is even MORE promotion.. Since most agree the 150 guy is a jerk, we can't wait to see him get his ass handed to him in his hat....    :yesnod:

It's all promotional. Weather it's an argument or a crash or a woman getting pissed and stomping off the set. It's all show biz.  What I love about the show is the fact that teams Charger and Trans-Am are very level headed. Yup, the money is big, but so is their heart and honor.  Maybe we'll get to see Mr. Angry get ANGRY at some point in the show.. As I have said from the first show, I believe these are the teams to beat. I firmly think they will be the final 2..  I sure hope so..

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

hemigeno

I'll make a couple of observations here:

1.  Besides just being cool guys that don't shoot their mouths off at every turn, Mike and Jim have been VERY cautious about revealing details on upcoming episodes, or fleshing out too much about the behind-the-scenes action.

2.  Mike said that from 2nd place on got Zip as an award.

3.  It's been said that the award was not paid out until AFTER the complete show series has been shown, and that the payout was contingent upon not revealing the outcome of the show, etc. etc.

4.  These other teams (especially Team Lotus and the Phord boys) have been pretty open with details, leading me to believe there are no real consequences for their disclosure (they have no $200k award at stake)

5.  Brian from Team Lotus flat-out said that the Phord boys' "3 minutes of fame is almost up", so I'll bet they get wiped out soon.

6.  Mike & Jim got their speedo issue solved, which should help their performance - especially on the shorter runs.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Team Charger wins it all, and it couldn't happen to a better pair of guys, who couldn't be driving a cooler car if they had their pick of all the entries.

Ok, I'll take my Sherlock Holmes garb off now and get back to work....

:Twocents:

Troy

I think there is a penalty for breach of contract whether you win or not. My guess is that only the Lambo and Lotus guys could afford it.
Quote from: bordin34 on March 17, 2007, 07:18:56 PM
What happens if you tells us what you are not supposed to?
Quote from: mikepmcs on March 17, 2007, 07:21:56 PM
SUED!

I'm reminded of shows and people telling things before the end and getting in heaps of trouble.

It's part of the contract I believe and could do some damage.

v/r
Mike
Quote from: NYCMille on March 17, 2007, 07:23:27 PM
Then I owe Spike TV A LOT OF MONEY!... Besides, if everyone knew what the outcome was what would be the point of watching the show?

I think someone asked earlier if only the cars were locked down until the end of filming or if the contestants also had to stay. I'd say they didn't let anyone or anything leave early to keep from giving away the outcome. If you knew your neighbor was on the show (or Survivor or whatever) and he was home after three days you'd know he didn't win and could tell anyone you wanted since you didn't sign a confidentiality agreement. Without suspense the show(s) would lose a lot of viewers.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

AirborneSilva

I agree with Mikepmcs, it is unfortunate that the editors/producers have chosen to leave some important parts out but that is show business I guess, hopefully it all works out in the end.  I will continue to watch and enjoy the show, also to watch Mike, Jim and Mr. Angry and root them on..

mikepmcs

"I think there is a penalty for breach of contract whether you win or not."

:iagree: with Troy on this.
Purely spec on my part but it would make sense.

Musto in 08' 

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Paul G

Quote from: hemigeno on April 19, 2007, 09:35:20 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Team Charger wins it all, and it couldn't happen to a better pair of guys, who couldn't be driving a cooler car if they had their pick of all the entries.

:iagree: It is all starting to add up. Team Charger is going to be in another Bullrun. That has been stated somewhere. Cardomain asked Mike to do a bit about the Charger. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/744737 . Very cool piece, you wouldn't ask a looser to do a piece like that I wouldn't think. And in the credits on the show Mike is shown throwing down a helmet. Could that be in the final episode? The winning episode? Go Team Charger!!!!
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Paul G on April 19, 2007, 09:57:56 AM

:iagree: It is all starting to add up. Team Charger is going to be in another Bullrun. That has been stated somewhere. Cardomain asked Mike to do a bit about the Charger. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/744737 . Very cool piece, you wouldn't ask a looser to do a piece like that I wouldn't think. And in the credits on the show Mike is shown throwing down a helmet. Could that be in the final episode? The winning episode? Go Team Charger!!!!

Sure you wouldn't do a piece on a loser, but, neither Mike, Jim or Mr. Angry are losers, even if they don't ultimately win BullRun.  They way Mike and Jim are conducting themselves, and well what can you say negative about Mr. Angry?  All three of them are winners, even if they don't end up with the $200K (but I'm still hoping they do  :icon_smile_big:)

TruckDriver

I just got to read the deal on the F150 team. I figured there was more damage then they showed. If you watch the challenge again, watch the windsheild. After they go through the wall, there are concrete marks all over it. So, you would think that the windsheild got busted too. We all know what a tiny stone will do just coming of the road from someones tire.  :yesnod: I NEVER liked those wise asses anyway. The Lotus guys seem okay to me. I also agree with Troy and Geno.  :icon_smile_big:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

NYCMille

I have say something here...

There was an issue of something being posted over at www.bullrun.com which was brought over to this site and posted. Please leave any and all information from other forums on those boards in regards to BULLRUN as some people can get in SERIOUS trouble and I DO NOT want anything coming back here to DC.com - This is a wonderful forum here which I and  everyone else loves to visit daily and I want it to stay safe. Also, remember that is a Reality TV show, it's entertainment and something that should be taken as such.

I love this thread and I truly look forward to answering any and all questions about the show as the people on DC.com have helped me not only find and build my car, but have given me some invaluable advice over the years. I have also made some wonderful friends through this list and I hope eventually I will get to meet most of you.

So PLEASE!!!! if you have any questions about the show just ask me, PM or call me @ 516-382-4131 - I WILL answer what I can.

Thanks for the understanding - Mike

Paul G

Quote from: AirborneSilva on April 19, 2007, 10:11:57 AM
Quote from: Paul G on April 19, 2007, 09:57:56 AM

Sure you wouldn't do a piece on a loser, but, neither Mike, Jim or Mr. Angry are losers, even if they don't ultimately win BullRun.  They way Mike and Jim are conducting themselves, and well what can you say negative about Mr. Angry?  All three of them are winners, even if they don't end up with the $200K (but I'm still hoping they do  :icon_smile_big:)

Dont get me wrong here. I didnt say they were loosers. I am saying that Cardomain wouldnt have asked them to do the piece unless they were the winners. Get it?  :yesnod:
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

TUFCAT

Quote from: NYCMille on April 19, 2007, 10:42:43 AM

There was an issue of something being posted over at www.bullrun.com which was brought over to this site and posted. Please leave any and all information from other forums on those boards....

OOPS!! I hope this didn't get you into any trouble  ??? ??? ???  Maybe Troy should check with Mr. Angry and see if those posts should be deleted or not. I for one, contributed to the discussion, but since it was posted on the offical bullrun.com I also figured it was for public consumption  :o :o :o  I think we'd all understand if we had to squelch things a bit to protect team Charger.

Hemidoug

YE...looks like a little house cleaning going on over dare........... :coolgleamA:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

69Chrgr

I live south of the Dallas area, once this is over, I'll go give 'em boys a good ass whoopin' Texas style just for making Texans look bad. Mike, if you're ever in Texas stop by, your 68 would look great next to my 69.

Lee01

If you look at the cardomain first page there links to all the Bullrun contestant cardomain page. :yesnod:
So this to me there all equal :yesnod:
Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

NYCMille

Ok... Now let me answer the questions that were asked!!

Lee01 - It took about a month from end to end... remember though even if you got the boot you could not leave...

Volk:
1.  The look on Jim's face when Goldberg said he was giving F-150 time to fix his lights was priceless.  Why was this allowed?  No one else got special repair time during the race.  Did everyone go crazy about it off camera?  I would have been seriously 
- Honestly, it was a safety issue and yes there where some discussions about it (thats all I can really say)

2. The Olds guys (have I mentioned how irritating they are?) are starting to get a jump on everyone.  Were they

equipped with a bigger tank, or were they just getting better mileage out of the car?  They are all over the place on their horsepower rating...even when they are just blabbing to one another in the car.  A high output build should give them worse mileage than you, especially with the GV unit and the modest build on the 440.  What gives?
- Honestly I have no idea what their fuel capacity was or if they were running a fuel cell or not - mileage wise were there were in fact getting better mileage than us. As for there power... no idea, but your right, the numbers bounced all over.

3.  I understand the liability issue for Spike if they didn't try to police the speed limit a bit, but certainly speeding was taking place at times, and was often caught on tape by the camera crews.  The Lambo and Chevy are good examples.  The Chevy team was giving it all they had when they were passing the Ford, and I remember the Lambo blowing off the Nissan (I think) at the beginning of the show.  Did you perceive a kind of double standard on the speed issue?
- Remember when the Nissan passed the Lambo, it was caught on the in-car camera of the Lambo, same for when the Lambo passed, at that point there were not enough chase vans... that changed VERY quickly.

4.  I noticed that every time an outside view of the cars on the highway occurs, we are treated to the sound of each car shifting...it's almost never a static engine sound.  Did they have a seperate recording session with your cars to get proper engine sounds for dubbing in later?
- No, actually every time a van came next to us, we just downshift and pull away just to PIA's... plus the had SOOO much footage of every car that could really pick and choose the shots they wanted.

5.  Were those chocolate chip cookies
- Nope... Keibler Fudge Stripes

TUFCAT:
1. Mike, can you please make a post with that diet plan in detail
- absolutely... 1 granola bar every 2 hours + salad for lunch... then follow-up with a Red-Bull every 1.5-2hours... you'll drop weight in no time... oh yea, no dinner.

Dave22443:
1. Mike, you said that every elemenated car was locked up until filming was completed???  Does that mean that the sisters that were elemenated first are actually still around and watching from off camera?  Or just their car?  This doesn't make sense.  Please explain. (if you can).
- When the sisters got bounced they were sent a hotel for the duration of the shoot, their car stayed with us for awhile.

bee_fishy_6869:
1. Mike; what were you adding to your fuel tank before filling up? Lead additive for the seats? Octane Booster? Magic Juice? (my appologize if somebody already asked this question, didn't see it)
- Octane booster - gas in the mid-west only goes to 91 octane, we run 94 on the east coast so we we're pinging a little bit.

bull:
1. One more thing. I swear I saw Mr. Angry sitting at the finish line already on the first leg before two or three other cars came in, and yet you guys ended up at or near the bottom. Was I seeing things?
- Bull... no comment... but yes (that's all I can say)

jasonfromIKILLYA:
- Dude, it's a reality TV show... I can say that there was NOTHING WHATSOEVER scripted on this show and some of the things were done where done for safety and legal reasons. I hope you'll change your mind about continuing to watch the show, but please, I'd appreciate if you wouldn't post up Spike's phone #.  - Thanks man.

Paul G:
1. It is all starting to add up. Team Charger is going to be in another Bullrun
- yes, we are running in the Bullrun in May... but so Team Lotus and Team F150...

69Chrgr:
1. Mike, if you're ever in Texas stop by
- I may just do that... my wife is from Houston so we're there all the time.

Ranger Max
1. Did you take any personal pictures while you were doing the run?
- Spike TV gave us camera's and we did actually take LOADS of pics, but they downloaded them off the memory cards at the end of everyday... no idea what happened to them...

Cheers Guys - Mike

bull

Thanks for the feedback, Mike. Oh, I still have some unanswered questions though, probably 10 pages back. :icon_smile_big:

NYCMille

Ponch ®

Quote from: NYCMille on April 19, 2007, 12:56:29 PM
Ok... Now let me answer the questions that were asked!!

Lee01 - It took about a month from end to end... remember though even if you got the boot you could not leave...

Did they have to make an exception for the BMW guys due to the circumstances? Or was only the one guy whose relative passed away allowed to leave and the other guy had to stay?

I for one wouldn't mind getting locked up in a hotel with the 2 sisters... :icon_smile_evil:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Charger-Bodie

ive got a question how many gallons of fuel did it take ? and also did you have to do any repairs along the way even if something small?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............