News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cancel your BOA account in protest!

Started by Afflyer, February 14, 2007, 09:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afflyer

I was watching the "Factor" tonight and there was a segment that started the program about Bank Of America handing out $500 credit cards to all immigrants- illegal immigrants to be more specific...no social security number necessary!  :flame:

It's one thing to give a new person to this country who comes here through all the normal, legal channels to have an upstart such as a free credit card, but it's something totally irresponsible to give them to millions of illegals running over our southern border!  :icon_smile_dissapprove: 

WTF is BOA thinking?!   :cussing:

A free credit card with a $500 credit limit with NO social security number needed?!  :brickwall:

When comedian Dennis Miller came on with his "Miller Time" segment, he showed all the viewers his cashiers check from BOA, where he withdrew ALL of his funds from his BOA accounts and urged all of America to follow suit with BOA.  Maybe THAT will get their attention to this totally assenine idea!

If everyone withdrew their funds from BOA and shut down their accounts in protest, I'm sure the pinheads that came up with this foolhearty idea, would withdrawl it faster than you can say WTF?!

I wonder if BOA execs in their infinite wisdom, perhaps thought of the possibility that a terrorist could purchase a ticket with that credit card, board that said plane and FLY IT INTO A FRIGGIN BUILDING

Hell- wouldn't it be freakin IRONIC if the terrorist who flew that plane that he purchased the ticket with his BOA credit card, flew the same plane into the Bank of America's world headquarters?!  :icon_smile_blackeye:

I don't have an account with BOA, but if I did, I'd go out tomorrow and close out my accounts.

If you want to let Bank of Mexico America know your opinion, here's their address:

Bank of America
Office of the Chairman/President
DE5-019-02-03
Wilmington, DE 19884

Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Silver R/T

Well, they just randomly send out applications to everyone. I mean I see kids get those applications "you're approved"
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

moparguy01

i shut down my bank of america account years ago since I got tired of them sticking it to me without even a reach around.

Ponch ®

better yet...lets all try to get one of those cards, use them, and then not pay it. No social security # = not on your credit report/
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

skip68

I hate B of A.  I think they are the worst.  :flame:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

red72chrgr

Quote from: Silver R/T on February 14, 2007, 10:11:17 PM
Well, they just randomly send out applications to everyone. I mean I see kids get those applications "you're approved"
Yes, they do that but this is different. They(BOA) are specifically targeting illegals. Agree kinda with Iceman but those of us legal would still have to probably "carry" those who aren't.
Nothing personal, just business

Afflyer

Yes, they do that but this is different. They(BOA) are specifically targeting illegals. Agree kinda with Iceman but those of us legal would still have to probably "carry" those who aren't.

:iagree:

:icon_smile_dissapprove:

2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

bull

Doc74

It cost both me and Emily a small fortune and a very long time to get me here...so where's my free credit card ?
It's the same story in Europe, illegals come in and receive more wellfare than the guy who has worked for 20 years and got laid off due to cuts.
Nothing is black and white but sometimes you wonder why you're doing the right thing in the first place.....

dkn1997

When last centuries' immigrants came here they were sort of thrown to the wolves.  No resources or assistance.  How did that turn out?  Pretty damn good. 

Now, I am not saying that today's immigrant should have to be subjected to some of the outright abuse that past groups endured (like the chinese/Irish working the railroads in the 1800's) but to have people get something for nothing when I have to struggle to keep my family afloat because I am drowning in taxes?  7 grand a year in property tax and 30% of my paycheck gone each week....nobody likes a freeloader. 

RECHRGED

Charger-Bodie

credit cards suck thats why i use a debit acct for anything a card is needed for and only put money in the acct when needed incase some idenity thief gets my paypal acct or whatever credit cards get too many GOOD credit people in trouble let alone the bad ones
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

jmanscharger

BOA is the biggest national bank almost 10% of banking industry. They bought MBNA and a couple of my accounts. BOA is notorious over at finance forums for terrible customer service :icon_smile_dissapprove:. I now have a semi-helpful local branch and good terms with my accounts, but as BOA messes up my former MBNA accounts I am planning to move them, BOA won't even miss me.
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

Brock Samson

Nations Bank of Texas Bought BOA years ago... It's Nations' Bank in reality...
and yeah THEY SUCK!  :flame:

Charger_Fan

If they're handing out credit cards to freeloading illegals, who have a slim-to-none chance of actually paying off their debt...it sounds to me that BOA probably won't be around much longer anyway.
Of course, they'll ask the governent to bail them out first, before they go completely under. :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger74

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 15, 2007, 01:25:39 PM
If they're handing out credit cards to freeloading illegals, who have a slim-to-none chance of actually paying off their debt...it sounds to me that BOA probably won't be around much longer anyway.
Of course, they'll ask the governent to bail them out first, before they go completely under. :rotz:

That of course it best thing anyone has stated so far.  Of course what happens when these freeloaders don't pay their debts off, the regular customers are going to pay for it instead, cause the gov't probably won't. 

RT DAVE

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 15, 2007, 01:25:39 PM

They'll just raise the interest rates for everybody else to accomodate for the others that don't pay...   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

jmanscharger

If you have seen the new bank robbery commercial where it is actually the bank robbing the customers... well that is BOA.
Is it not enough to ruin people who are starting out and college students credit, now they are out to ensnare illegals in debt. FACT Illegals earn a lot of money in this country- it may be higher now but just Mexicans living in the United States send home more than $8 billion annually. BOA is courting new markets.
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

MichaelRW

The days when corporations had a social conscience are long gone and it is a sad state of affairs. This country was much better before the global economy took hold.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Chargen69

Hey, maybe the collectors tactics will scare them into leaving the country    :METAL:

bull

Afflyer

I don't care how you slice it- when an American corporation ENDORSES illegal immigration by handing out FREE $500 credit cards with NO NEED FOR AN SSN- my friends, that is beyond reprehensible and it is an outrage!  :icon_smile_angry:

I'm telling 'ya, don't let this stand!

Bradley

2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

hemihead

What's wrong? This is all one big happy world, isn't it? We buy foreign cars instead of American.We build production plants in foreign countries for cheap labor to make bigger profits.Everyone doesn't seem to have a problem with foreign anything...
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

derailed

Dont even get me started on B of A. They suck!!!

Rocky

I did that a few years ago, when some of my reservist buddies worked for their corporate office, but refused to hold an account with them. :yesnod:
     They take out life insurance policies on all of their employees, and when they offer you a policy through the mail, if you accept, the company will make more than your family if you die.
     I support my local credit union.