News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good Morning Tree

Started by jmanscharger, February 14, 2007, 10:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmanscharger

Big ice storm. My car was covered by a super hard shell of ice so when the tree branch fell on it there was no damage. My car was under this,  I was able to back my car up and get to work on cutting branches.
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

Charger_Fan

I had that happen one winter at my old house. Half the tree was laying in the street, blocking traffic...happened while I was at work. By the time I got home, there were 2 notes on my door, bitching about why I hadn't fixed the mess! :icon_smile_angry:
I wish I knew who wrote those, they would have had a yard full of broken tree limbs the next morning. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69-DodgeCharger

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 14, 2007, 12:04:21 PM
I had that happen one winter at my old house. Half the tree was laying in the street, blocking traffic...happened while I was at work. By the time I got home, there were 2 notes on my door, bitching about why I hadn't fixed the mess! :icon_smile_angry:
I wish I knew who wrote those, they would have had a yard full of broken tree limbs the next morning. ;D

LmAo
I was driving down a side road once coming home from work
it was during a severe thunderstorm
on the way home i saw peoples lawn furniture laying all over the neighborhood
but anyway, down that street i was driving along
and a lightning bolt struck this enormous tree that was near the street
i was so scared i slammed on the brake, somehow it was the e-brake and not my reg brakes so when i skidded, i turned 90 degrees sideways
and the noise was so overpowering that i was deaf for a couple of seconds
and then i hear a thud nearby
i look over and see the enormous tree about 10 feet from my car laying across the entire street, blocking the entire street
taking out a phone line with it. i was scared shitless, i sat there for a few mins and tried to recollect myself
when i finally did i turned back and went around the block and went home
scary shit

GTX

I haven't had a tree come down except a branch landing on my brother in law's Escalade last Summer but a few years ago on a nice Wintery Sunday we woke up to the sound of running water. I looked out and realized very quickly that I hadn't shut off the yard sprinklers and a pipe had frozen and burst and was shooting water from one end of the yard to the other.
Well, I had a huge ice rink in my front yard and a notoriously nosy neighbor walking over to my house saying that people had called him and asked him to come over and see if I need help in limiting the ice flow down the gutters in front of their houses. :flame:
So I'm out in my pajama's freezing my butt off trying to get neighbor to shut up and go home already while I turn off the water.
I had ice instead of snow in my yard for pretty much the rest of the winter. It was sort of cool in a way, the water had partially frozen mid air making a neat ice sculpture.

69bronzeT5

Atleast it wasnt the Charger
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic