News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Very interesting..Stolen Charger

Started by 69bronzeT5, February 14, 2007, 12:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

RD

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on February 14, 2007, 12:17:37 AM
This is interesting. Read the whole ad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180084721759&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fmotors.search.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D180084721759%26fvi%3D1

hilarious.. since the car in the pictures is a 70 and not a 68 R/T... hmmmmmm had the car for 25 years and does not have a single pic of it that he can put on ebay huh?

sorry... but that sounds fishier than all get out if you ask me.  not saying its not legit, but I am saying WTF?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

69bronzeT5

Actually if you read it, he says thats not his car in the pictures but his car looks very similar to it.

Brock Samson

seems weird to me too, that he wouldn't pick photos of the correct yr..  :-\

RD

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on February 14, 2007, 12:24:25 AM
Actually if you read it, he says thats not his car in the pictures but his car looks very similar to it.

fine.. he states that.. but what I dont understand is that he had this car for 25 years but has no photos of it... sorry, not buying it.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 14, 2007, 12:28:12 AM
seems weird to me too, that he wouldn't pick photos of the correct yr..  :-\

Ya, I have to agree but maybe it was the closest thing at the time? ???

Brock Samson

how hard can it be to do a google picture search.. letssee how long it takes me to find a red '68 r/t.....

ok two minutes..

69bronzeT5

Ya but why would he go threw all that work and even get a police report and post a reward if it was a scam?

pettyfan43

He's looking for a 68 CHarger, (440 hemi Charger WHAT!??!!??!) But the picture LOOKS TO BE a 69 (Check out the rear side markers and the trim around the taillamp panel 70 base cars didn't have that trim did they?) with apparently a 70 front clip.

WEIRD.............

RD

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on February 14, 2007, 12:48:29 AM
Ya but why would he go threw all that work and even get a police report and post a reward if it was a scam?

your naivete is astounding... trusting others is good...if you dont know who they are, its bad.  You know what they say about assuming right?

69bronzeT5

Quote from: pettyfan43 on February 14, 2007, 12:50:05 AM
He's looking for a 68 CHarger, (440 hemi Charger WHAT!??!!??!) But the picture LOOKS TO BE a 69 (Check out the rear side markers and the trim around the taillamp panel 70 base cars didn't have that trim did they?) with apparently a 70 front clip.

WEIRD.............

The ad dosent say anything about a 440 Hemi. It just says 440.

Brock Samson

it says the licence plate says "BIGHEMI"

you think there would be better pics and a better discription of the car...

by the way when i was lookin for the red '68 charger pic on google nearly half the cars listed as 1968s are actually '69s including about two dozen general lees..
and another couple dozen pics are not even chargers...  :rotz:

69bronzeT5

I have to agree but still, I personally think its legit.

pettyfan43

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on February 14, 2007, 12:58:19 AM
Quote from: pettyfan43 on February 14, 2007, 12:50:05 AM

WEIRD.............

The ad dosent say anything about a 440 Hemi. It just says 440.

THIS IS THE TOP LINE IN THE AD LISTING!

1968 Dodge Hemi Charger 68 r/t 440 STOLEN in Las Vegas

Brock Samson

sometimes they list hemi and 440 in the line to get more hits..

i found this on the web,, i never seen it before,.. You?..
http://www.musclecarblog.com/story-38-69_charger_getaway_car

and then there was this little gem..
http://today.reuters.co.uk/Misc/TopBar.aspx?adBasketType=motoring&ord=95554915

here's something fn for you guys..   :icon_smile_wink:

tan top

Quote from: Brock Samson on February 14, 2007, 01:22:46 AM

i found this on the web,, i never seen it before,.. You?..
http://www.musclecarblog.com/story-38-69_charger_getaway_car

:iagree:  me neither  intresting story  :yesnod:    thanks for the link :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Shakey

Did we all just go around in one big cirlce?   :shruggy:

69-DodgeCharger

Must not want it back if its only a $1000 reward

mikepmcs

Personally, I think it's BS.

I am offering the above mentioned Reward and in addition a Bonus (I can't tell you what it is right here right now but it will be good) ???

I was told that the car may have gone to Mexico, Phoenix, Atlanta or Calif. possibly in a enclosed trailer or with a car cover on it.  ???
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

skip68

Maybe those phone numbers are not legit and a way to get your info for some kind of scam?  :shruggy:  Look them up or go to a pay phone and call them. Or, see if a police report was actualy filed. That is public information isn't it?   
Quote from: mikepmcs on February 14, 2007, 09:26:11 AM
Personally, I think it's BS.

I am offering the above mentioned Reward and in addition a Bonus (I can't tell you what it is right here right now but it will be good) ???

I was told that the car may have gone to Mexico, Phoenix, Atlanta or Calif. possibly in a enclosed trailer or with a car cover on it. ???

That's funny,   :scratchchin:  I don't remember using an enclosed trailer.   :devil:    Chuck..........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

1BAD68

I dont see anything on there that indicates it as a scam

skip68

here's something fn for you guys.. :icon_smile_wink:

Man, looking at that cow on the Camaro brings back a sick memory that is funny but nasty. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

I just called Las Vegas Police department and the listing is valid.  So it's not a scam.
I retract my previous statement of it being BS, cause it's real.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger_Fan

Well, that's good it's not a scam. :yesnod: I wonder why he doesn't have any actual pics of his car, though. :ahum:

Nice cow, Dave. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

kripledbybuick

I saw that e-bay listing as well! Poor sucker got ripper off in his own back yard! I'm gonna install and independant security sytem to the garage with a camera and DVR setup! And what's the story on that bloated cow on the camaro?!?!? how did that happen? It looks like it was dead for a while before the video was shot. YUCK!

whitehatspecial

Sheesh, some of you guys are brutal. The poor guy gets his car ripped off and is looking for help finding out who did it. I didn't see anything that would be a scam on his part.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

mikepmcs

White Hat.
I respect your post cause you have a good point, but there are so many scams out there you just never know anymore.

They are getting so elaborate with their scam listings it becomes very easy to get skeptical.  Like I said I did call to verify and I probably should have done that before I ran my mouth. :icon_smile_blackeye:

v/r
Mike

dkn1997

Quote from: whitehatspecial on February 14, 2007, 03:30:09 PM
Sheesh, some of you guys are brutal. The poor guy gets his car ripped off and is looking for help finding out who did it. I didn't see anything that would be a scam on his part.

at least nobody got on his ass for keeping a nice car like that outside.....
RECHRGED

CHASWINGMAN2

I just read the ebay alert auction and thought it looked like he frantically typed it all up, It all seems legit to me except one minor detail,  The steering wheel on a 68 doesn't lock.  He did not mention the club or anything like that.  The wheels should be easy to manipulate no matter what.  Unless he had a chain through one of the steering wheel spokes and then attached to the floor tight like a banjo string?  kinda makes you think. 
Charger nut first, parts maker/seller second.<br />Selling top quality Mopar Restoration parts, most are licensed.  Email me for more information.<br />Working on the web site, be patient.<br />68 383 SILVER CHARGER<br />69 318 SILVER CHARGER C5X GUTS<br />69 383 4SP ROAD RUNNER<br />72 DART SWINGER, HEMI ORANGE<br />73 DART SWINGER, WHITE/BLACK<br />93 RAMCHARGER CANYON SPORT<br />99 RAM 3500<br />72 DART PROJECT<br />ETC.

mikepmcs

Naw it's all legit.  I posted up above where I called the police department.  I didn't use the number in his listing, I googled the LVMPD and it was the same number anyways.  After about 5 minutes and 5 or so transfers, I got the car theft department.  Gave the nice lady the vin and all the other info I could and she said yup it's reported stolen.
I have very good phone manners and seem to get them to tell me things sometimes.  Yes, it's a gift, pat pat pat.
By the way that's the second time i've called LVMPD for something on ebay, first one was on a porsche over a year ago, I had no information but described the listing to them and they said STAY AWAY it's a scam cause we know about that car. 
Police are awesome!

v/r
Mike

69bronzeT5

Drache

I emailed the guy and this is the reply I recieved....

QuoteDear Mopar fans thanks for all of your replys,,,

I?m in the process of frantically getting my cars actual photos from out of state and will repost them as soon as they arrive, the ebay photo is a similar photo

My car is is a 1968 440 auto, not a rt or a hemi, we just put that in the headlines to get people that may be looking for any mopar related items cars ect to help get the word out and so that they don?t pay big money for my car and then get caught with it,

the overall look, style, color and wheels are about the same.

Thanks to ebay I have been getting replies from Law enforcement personal and concerned enthusiast around the USA

Also I'm starting up a website for others looking for their cars, please look at www.stolenmusclecars.com

I wanted to thank everybody for their help so far, and let this be a good lesson for all of us to super Lock your cars down.

Also if you are the people that have my car why don?t you drop it off so it can be recovered, a lot of Police around the country are already on the look out for it as well as my own recovery team.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Charger_Fan

QuoteI'm in the process of frantically getting my cars actual photos from out of state and will repost them as soon as they arrive, the ebay photo is a similar photo
I see why he didn't put any pics of his actual car in now. He was just trying to spread the word as fast as he could, before the car got too far away...can't blame him there. :yesnod:

Poor guy, I hope he gets it back in one piece & soon.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Brock Samson

well i was thinking it was a '68 hemi pretty rare and easy to spot...
i didnt think the facts added up as given... but  we are on the lookout..  :scope: huh guys?.

mikepmcs

That sucks and I hope he gets it back. The good thing here is there are so many people on this site and covering the whole world basically.  If the car stays in relatively the same condition, it will be hard to get by the gurus on here.  You guys know way too much!! :icon_smile_big:

Something should be posted on Moparts too.  I don't belong to that forum but maybe someone here can post something on there.

v/r
Mike

Charger-Bodie

i sent the guy an email with some info that may be nothing but, monday night i was talking to a friend of mine from waterloo ia and he says to me , i saw a red 68-70 charger on a trailer today that something you guys are waiting to have dropped off ? and i said so and didnt think about it again til reading this post anyway it was on the road on a trailer heading who knows where anyway and probley wasnt even the same car but who knows right?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 1hot68 on February 14, 2007, 07:52:06 PM
and probley wasnt even the same car but who knows right?
Right, who knows.
You never know, hopefully someone out there will put 2 & 2 together when they see it.

4cruzin

Sad story.  Hope it turns up soon!   >:(
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

ACUDANUT

I don't know about you guys, but I have not taken pictures of my cars in many years.  When I do get them out, I just shake the car cover off and forget about the bottom layer of dust and drive my car around a few blocks. Then, it's back to the barn.  I never seem to have time to wash and detail my cars in order to get a nice photo of it.  I know I am not the only one who does this.  I bet most photo's of people's cars are 5-10 years old.

GreenGo1973

Well, it said something about bounty hunters.... maybe i should message him and say that I'm Boba Fett, and I found his car frozen in carbonite in Jabba's Palace. :icon_smile_big:
"This is either the greatest idea ever, or the stupidest thing we've ever done..."
                             -Harold and Kumar

ACUDANUT

Greengo, What are you trying to say ???  You lost me. Is that line from some Bogus Si-Fi film. ??

mikepmcs

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 15, 2007, 07:07:08 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I have not taken pictures of my cars in many years.  When I do get them out, I just shake the car cover off and forget about the bottom layer of dust and drive my car around a few blocks. Then, it's back to the barn.  I never seem to have time to wash and detail my cars in order to get a nice photo of it.  I know I am not the only one who does this.  I bet most photo's of people's cars are 5-10 years old.

Yup, right here, I'm guilty!!!!

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

h76

Unbelievable-Shows that there are still some honest and helpful people in the world.
Good for the owner-see guys ebay ain't totally evil! :icon_smile_big:

70charger_boy

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69bronzeT5

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

69-DodgeCharger

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 03, 2007, 11:49:00 PM
Somebody bid $1 on it & won.   ::)

LMAO prob did that as a joke!  :D

but this is def a happy ending

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: roscoe_p.coltrane on March 03, 2007, 05:46:35 PM
Maybe, Chip Foose stole the car.
I hope not, he might do more damage then the thiefs.  :stirthepot: I'm glad to see he got his car back. A happy ending. :icon_smile_big:

TruckDriver

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 03, 2007, 11:49:00 PM
Somebody bid $1 on it & won.   ::)

Probably the guys who stoled it to begin with ::)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

400/6/PAC

I wonder what the bonus was :icon_smile_question:
Anyway, glad he got it back.

Charger_Fan

Good for him!
I was hoping that second auction would have actual pics of the car. ;D