News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Update pics (April 07)

Started by Pistolpete, February 13, 2007, 07:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistolpete

Hey Gang, for those that are interested - more pics of Claudia - She's gettin there!!
Cant wait! - this spring baby!!!
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Pistolpete

few more...
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Pistolpete

and more..........hee hee
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Charger-Bodie

looking real nice whats you plan for the interior ? are you doing all the work youreself?  :icon_smile_big:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Shakey

Pistolpete

I'd love to, we'll have to see how it goes though - I have tentative plans - I'll keep you posted
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

RT

Holy Crap......did you paint her yourself?

The paint job looks awesome.

Ralph

Goldfinger71

Nice!...Gotta' where shades! :icon_smile_cool:Nice and Bright!
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Pistolpete

Thanks Guys,

unfortunately I dont have the skill or patience to do that sort of paint job myself, but I have to agree that it is turning out AWESOME!
I'll be trying to update every weekend from now on as things progress - hopefully quickly!!

Pete
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

tan top

good progress  :yesnod:    nice work :thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

RT DAVE

That new go-mango sure looks a lot better on an old charger. 
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Stentboy

Man that looks great :yesnod:. Mine will never look like that,at least while I own her.

Pistolpete

Almost forgot, interior is going back to original (almost all new) with the exception of a pistol grip instead of the stock four spd. shifter.

'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Charger_Fan

Claudia's looking b-e-a-uuutiful! :drool5:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BigBlockSam

wow! that loos smoken man. i dig the color  :thumbs:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

MichaelRW

Great color. If my car wasn't already done, I'd consider that.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Charger_Fan

Quote from: MichaelRW on February 15, 2007, 01:45:12 PM
Great color. If my car wasn't already done, I'd consider that.
Perfect excuse for another car!  :boogie:   :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

plum500

hemi-hampton

Your going to have to change your name to PistolGripPete. Whats the paint code for that Color? LEON.

jasonfromIKILLYA

that color is beautiful!
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

BB1

Delete my profile

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Back N Black

Very nice!
Thats in my top five list awesome Chargers,like the bare metal look on the springs also,I think I'll go that route with my springs.What color paint did you use on the springs?

Blakcharger440

Awesome! Gotta love 1970.  :icon_smile_big:

rt green

i see you got the black shot#40 option. rare.      LOVE THE COLOR!!!!!!!!
third string oil changer

Pistolpete

Ah yes the little known extremely rare (1 of 1) black shot # 40 option! makes this baby worth about a BAZILLION dollars at Barrett Jackson!! LOL LOL  :lolexplode:
was wondering when someone would pick that up.

oh and by the way - 1970??  :flame:

geez, everyone knows 1969 was the best ever!!!  :nutkick: :drive: :stirthepot: - hee hee

I'll post more update pics of my 1969 R/T 440 sixpack 4 spd - lol
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Pistolpete

New Update Pics
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Pistolpete

more pics
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Pistolpete

last one ..............unless anyone wants more abuse....lol ;D
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

tan top

man that is looking awesome  :scope: ......... :yesnod:    great job   :thumbs:   thanks for sharing the pictures ...
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Pistolpete

Thanks, I think she's gonna be a beauty when she's done.

Opinions please - I'm thinking of swapping out the silver headers for black (I forgot to specify black when I sent them out to be ceramic coated) - am I out of my mind or what??
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

mikepmcs

That car hurts my eyes... I love it !!!! :METAL: :METAL: :METAL:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

plum500

Abuse??!?!? Holy crap man, that's a work of art. :2thumbs:

Post em' if ya got em'.

Back N Black

Looka awesome!, your just moving right along there.Do you have Chip Foose's crew in the back working on it? :icon_smile_cool:

Hemidoug

That is one beautiful car!!! I think I just found the color I want for my 65! Can't WAIT to see it done..Good luck with it!!! (drool city!)
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

2fast4u

Pete!  If this is abuse seein' pics of your restoration. . . . . . .Then I believe I can take a whole lot more bud!   :D

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Charger-Bodie

looks like its coming together nicly more pics!!!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Pistolpete

Thanks for the kind words guys, Here's a few more for now
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Charger_Fan

Man, that car's looking sweet! :drool5:

You've gotta do yourself a favor though...PITCH THAT FRAM!!! I'm sure you don't want to run the risk of possibly ruining your brand new engine because of a $2 filter, right?
More info on Fram garbage here; http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,16878.0.html

70charginglizard

Absolutely frickin georgeous!!!

That is going to be one beautiful car! :2thumbs:
70charginglizard

Mefirst

This just SUCKS! It struck me that my ride does not look any where near as good as that ride.. Im gonna go cry now..

/Tom

Gilbert Charger

I Love that COLOR That is an awesome car

Pistolpete

Thanks again for the Kudos gang,

I'm guessing another couple of weeks and she'll be at the trim shop for the interior to be installed - cant wait!! Anyone know where I can get the moulded plastic tailight cover that goes on the inside of the trunk??

BTW the FRAM filter is there just as a place holder, I have a a K&N waiting to be installed for the initial fire up!! So everyone relax.........Claudia is in good hands.

I'll keep posting as things progress

PP

'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Pistolpete

hey gang, couple more pics....

The dash turned out even better than I hoped!!! Man am I getting excited again!!!
ps......the stock shifter is really kinda growing on me again, I already have the pistol grip ready to go though, oh well - worse problems to have I guess....? LOL

FYI looks we're starting her up next weekend!!!
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

Pistolpete

couple of notes for those of you interested

a 1969 2 spd. wiper motor does not work with a 6 pack set up - the air cleaner cover wont fit on beacause the wiper motor gets in the way, hence the 3 spd. motor you see in the pics.
I am planning on bracing the brake booster becasue she looks like she'll wobble like hell under "heavy driving conditions" not sure how we'll do it yet but seems like it might be worth it.

Does anyone know where I can get the correct paint for the tail panel in Canada? new "terrorism" laws make it very difficult to have spray paint shipped across the border.

'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

DC_1

Wow!....looks awsome!

Guess I might see it in person if I time picking up my interior right. From what I recall you are having Diamond do your interior. I remember seeing your seats over there when I dropped mine off.

Pistolpete

Yeah! looks like we start her up next weekend and hopefully have her at Gary's the following weekend to start working on the interior! Swing by if you get a chance.
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

no318

What are the headers?  TTI?  Look like they fit well.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Lowprofile

Awesome Car Bro! Can't wait to see the finished product!  :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Pistolpete

Cant wait to see the final product myself !!!
To answer some questions - I dont know what the headers are - they actually came with the car when I bought it and I've tried to stick with some of the performance items that were on the car when I got it just for nostaglia sake.
Dont know what the "actual" paint code is but it is DCX 2006 Go ManGo.

I'll post some more updates this weekend after I fire it up !!
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

472 R/T SE

Awesome color you picked.  It's lookin' great!!  I'm sure you picked a one of a kind combination.  :thumbs:

A note on the booster.  Yours looks like one of the new ones offered that comes with Hemi bracketry which puts the booster a few inches off the firewall?  If so, maybe you can eliminate the bracket which would put the booster back up against the firewall avoiding movement?  And then sell the bracketry?  Just a thought.  :shruggy:

Chargeraddict

Man, I picked the same color for my '68 and so far I only painted the engine bay.  Im glad I found your post because I think it looks friggin gorgeous! I wasnt too sure about it until now.

Pistolpete

Hey Gang,

Couple more pics for those of you still interested.

Pete
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

mikepmcs

Oh, we are interested :yesnod:

Keep em coming, it looks great.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Forza

Man thats comming along great! Doesnt look like its far away from bein on the road, good luck!

Pistolpete

Almost forgot.........if you look in the background of the second pic you can see Sydmoe's 68 R/T. Met him at the shop a couple of weeks ago and he's getting some work done by the same guys.

Pete
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

DC_1

If thats my 68 someone stole it! - mine is in my garage with no interior. Wasn't me you met Pete....although I am looking forward to the opportunity.  My interior is still at Gary's and I haven't had a chance to get over there yet. I was hoping to when your car was getting the seats installed so I could see that beauty first hand. When might that be by the way?

moparguy01

I only see one thing thats crappy on that entire car in all those pics, and its that damned fram oil filter. Your breaking my heart pete.  :'(

other than that it looks damn nice.

six-tee-nine

That is one awesome resto you're doing here.

.......RESPECT.....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

DC_1

INCREDIBLE!

I just came back from dropping my headrest off at Diamond Auto Trim and got the chance to see Pete's car first hand. They did a great job on the body and paint. What did they put 15 coats of clear? I didn't want to touch it because it still looks wet! I really like that colour

I can't wait to see it done which looks like it won't be long now unless you run out of money.

Again, great job!

Darren

The70RT

So what's it looking like now  :scratchchin:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Forza

Is that a 1930's Ford Coupe in the back of the garage?