News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Navy May Deploy Anti-Terrorism Dolphins.....

Started by skip68, February 12, 2007, 09:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

What do you guys think about this article? ??? Do you think it is cruel treatment to mammals or not?  :shruggy:
http://home.bellsouth.net/s/editorial.dll?pnum=1&bfromind=2214&eeid=5126924&_sitecat=1522&dcatid=0&eetype=article&render=y&ac=2&ck=&ch=ne&rg=blsadstrgt

The wifey posted this as she is a avid dolphin lover and thought it was a good topic to ask opinions about.   ::)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MorePwr

No, seems the same as taking your dog to the park to play frizbee. what seems cruel about it?

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

nh_mopar_fan

"When a Navy dolphin detects a person in the water, it drops a beacon."

The drops part sound a lot like typical Dolphin, Chris Chambers and Marty Booker.  ;D

Arthu®

The patrolling wouldn't consern me it would be how they are cared for when they are enclosed. How large is their cage, etc. Other than that I don't really see a problem. I don't really believe that animals should live in captivity but I do have seen animals treated much worse and I think we should start solving those problems and worry about the dolphins later as I don't expect them to get abused, not fed or tortured. Which for example the dancing bears are... IMHO

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Lord Warlock

The Navy's been using dolphins for years, and its been sufficiently covered by the news channels.  They use them to place a clamp on the legs or torsos of enemy divers that emits a homing signal to divers, recover lost artifacts, patrol zones around certain ships, as well as identify mines.  They are cared for much better than a pet gerbil in a cage.  They aren't kept in little pens, in fact they are usually kept in seaside holding areas or trained to come when called.  They are only confined when transporting to a particular location.  Like the persian gulf. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

dkn1997

what if ABU just stabs the dolphin before the fish can slap the cuffs on him.  Or what if the terrorist just carry a few extra mackeral with them to distract the dolphins?

Still a pretty neat concept. 
RECHRGED