News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

adjustable rockers

Started by torqueflite, February 11, 2007, 01:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

torqueflite

Hi,  can anyone tell me if comp cams make ductile iron adjustable rockers similar to the crane cams ones?
If they do... a part no would be good as i can't find anything on their website.
I'm looking at getting a set for my 383 charger, not really that keen on roller rockers but I want adjustability.
Any advice/experience on this style of rocker would be great...   cheers.

is_it_EVER_done?

As far as I know, the ductile rockers (Isky, Crane, Mopar Performance, etc.) are all the same item. You can get them through Summit or Mancini (or most other parts suppliers).

I agree that they are the best way to go so as to avoid the pitfalls of rollers and aluminum, plus one set should last you forever. I have two sets that I've had for 25 + years, and used on dozens of engines and they probably have around 200,000 miles on them cumulative, but are still in perfect condition.

firefighter3931

Quote from: is_it_EVER_done? on February 11, 2007, 05:21:20 AM
As far as I know, the ductile rockers (Isky, Crane, Mopar Performance, etc.) are all the same item. You can get them through Summit or Mancini (or most other parts suppliers).

I agree that they are the best way to go so as to avoid the pitfalls of rollers and aluminum, plus one set should last you forever. I have two sets that I've had for 25 + years, and used on dozens of engines and they probably have around 200,000 miles on them cumulative, but are still in perfect condition.

:iagree: The ductile rocker arms are bullet proof and work great with flat tappet cams under .600 lift. The Isky or Cranes rockers are all most guys will ever need.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Chryco Psycho

I don`t recall a comp ductile rocker , Crane & Isky for sure , great rockers

torqueflite

cheers for the info, I have gone ahead and ordered crane rockers, rocker shafts and a set of 3/8" cup and ball pushrods which I will cut to length [ after I make an adjustable pusrod to work out the length ]
One thing I'm still not sure of .....is the position of the rocker adjuster,
I realise that the tappet must have .040" pre load, but the adjuster could be anywhere to start with.
Is there an easy way to work that one out or any tricks I could use ?

jg68

Quote from: torqueflite on February 14, 2007, 01:42:13 AM
cheers for the info, I have gone ahead and ordered crane rockers, rocker shafts and a set of 3/8" cup and ball pushrods which I will cut to length [ after I make an adjustable pusrod to work out the length ]
One thing I'm still not sure of .....is the position of the rocker adjuster,
I realise that the tappet must have .040" pre load, but the adjuster could be anywhere to start with.
Is there an easy way to work that one out or any tricks I could use ?

You want no LESS then 1 thread & no MORE then 2-2.1/2 showing on the bottom of the adjuster, if your block & heads haven't been cut much, you'll still be fine with the stock length crane adj. pushrods, no need for customs, i have found also that the rockers seem to be pretty centered on the valve stems also, you'll love these rockers, its a shame they've gone up 60.00 bucks though, just keep your eye on the adj. ball ends for wear, i'm sure all of the bads ones are gone by now, just put some assemble lube or STP on the cup end of the pushrods & stem of the valves & alittle bit of oil in the rocker shaft area around the rockers, don't fire them up dry, even on a already runned engine.

CRN. 64672-16 is the pushrods for the 383-400 with hyd. lifter adj. rockers. :icon_smile_wink:

oldkimmer

I have found if u have much of a cam u will be far better off with .010 to .020 preload, personally I run .002 to .006......Kim.....
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!