News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Rear Window Trim - Make sure you have Left on Left and Right on Right...

Started by Mfr426, January 18, 2006, 07:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Well, the glass company came out today to remove and reinstall the rear window so that my spear trim would fit correctly. I would have bet a grand that they used too thick of butyl last year when they put the window in. After about 20 minutes of talking with the glass guy and looking at the trim we determined that the left and right corners were reversed. Sure enough when we took the trim off and reveresed them the spears fit fine. I waited a year to find this out. They installed it originally and honestly it's hard to tell that there is a difference but there is a difference. I'm just glad that they didnt have to rip the window out...

Just an FYI.

fastback

8WHEELER

74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

daytonalo

AFTER INSTALLING AUTO GLASS AND RESTORING ALL BRANDS, ONE TIP WHEN INSTALLING BUTYL TAPE IS TO TAPE THE GLASS AND FOLLOW THE EDGE OF GLASS . IT MAKES A CLEANER JOB AND THE CHROMES WILL COVER THE BUTYL

burnt69

one side is a little longer than the other , the longer side goes up. It's hard to see , but if you have 2 or 3 laying in front of you  you can tell.

darrin75

did not want  to start another thread, but how in the hell does the chrome corners go on the back glass.  Were they glued.  I iwll be damed if I do it this way.  Any help of ideas or suggestions that others may have done?  thanks
Check out New Upcoming site.
http://www.mopartraffic.com