News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need advice on 727 liknage, please.

Started by dpm68, February 08, 2007, 11:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpm68

Hi, before I go wasting peoples time in the Parts Wanted section, I thought I'd get a few facts here first. I have a 440/727 that is going in my 68 R/T. The problem is that there is no linkage from the trans to the shifter. The shifter is from a 1970. What do I need to connect all of this, does it have bushings, like some others, and how difficult is it to get what I need? Have I asked enough questions yet?

Lifsgrt

Hello, there is a linkage setup on eBay currently, they're pretty proud of them lately.  I'm not sure of the linkage from the shifter to the pivot rod (not taking my console apart to look at it, sorry).  Do you already have the pivot rod that goes vertically through the floor? It has a rubber boot around it that seals the floor to the vertical rod. There is a flat steel bracket with two studs that attaches to bottom of the trans through two holes cast into the trans.  This bracket has a bushing in it that the vertical rod fits into.  Then there's a linkage piece that goes from the pivot rod to the trans with the attaching devices and pins for each end of the linkage rods.  I haven't looked at it in a while, but this should get you started.  I could crawl under the car and take some pictures if you need it.  Hope this helps.
Best time 11.07@121

dpm68

Nope, no pivot rod. Just the shifter. I suppose I need it all...thanks for the reply, and if you want to dive under your car and take pics, that's fine with me - I won't stop you.

Lifsgrt

Best time 11.07@121

Shakey

Quote from: dpm68 on February 08, 2007, 11:52:50 PM
Hi, before I go wasting peoples time in the Parts Wanted section, I thought I'd get a few facts here first. I have a 440/727 that is going in my 68 R/T. The problem is that there is no linkage from the trans to the shifter. The shifter is from a 1970. What do I need to connect all of this, does it have bushings, like some others, and how difficult is it to get what I need? Have I asked enough questions yet?

Have you looked in your Parts Manual?  If you don't have one, you should get one.  Also, the Factory Service Manual is also very helpful.

Attached is an exploded view of the shifter and it's linkage ('69 Floor Shift).  Let me know if this helps and if you need another drawing I can take a look later as I should get some work done because I'm taking an extra long lunch plus I'd like to leave early today.   :yesnod:

dpm68

I just got the shop manual - very informative, but I can't really make the kinkage jump out of the page...hell it I could do that, I might as well make a Hemi do it too. All kidding aside, I still need it, and the link on eBay (thanks) appears to be missing a bit, but it's certainly more than I have.