News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Family Guy

Started by 74340charger, March 20, 2007, 05:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chrgrwife

Quote from: moparsuebear on March 26, 2007, 01:36:05 AM
We are in Anchorage, at Elmendorf AFB. Is your spouse Coast Guard or Air Force? Kodiak would be the worst nightmare you could ask for!!!! At least in Anchorage there are things to do and the temps do warm up in the summer, but in Kodiak....... hmmmmm, do you like hunting? LOL 

niether he is Navy...there is a Specwar platoon out there in kodiak....now we were told it is a great place, but most things we would have to take the ferry to the mainland.  I might like hunting especially if i got to kill something that was trying to kill me....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

moparsuebear

Kodiak Island is famous for huge Kodiak brown bears, world-class sport fishing, one of the largest commercial fishing ports in the nation, and the magnificent green that the island turns during the summer--which is why Kodiak is affectionately called Alaska's Emerald Isle.

The Kodiak Island Borough, with a population of 13,900 persons includes The City of Kodiak, seven villages, the U.S. Coast Guard Base, plus several remote camps and lodges.

That's the info I got from Kodiak's visitor's website. It's a remote island. I sure wouldn't want to be stationed there! I barely survive living here in Anchorage and we're a city of about 260,000!!!!  We have 3 walmarts and a Target finally being built not far from the base. We don't have Olive Garden, Red Lobster, or K-Mart. We used to have a Kmart, but it closed down. There is an indoor putt putt golf course, and an indoor water park. and if you enjoy laying out and getting a tan.... well, get used to laying in a tanning salon instead. The sun is a fickle critter and is rather shy. Camping is great during the summer, as long as you got enough bug spray and enough bullets to fend off a bear. Fishing is great too, if you like fish. I hate fish, but I do enjoy catching the little critters and cooking them up for hubby and kids. There are some nice beaches here too, for clamming, but beware of the tides, cause if you if you're not careful, you can get caught in the tide pools which is like quicksand.
The tourists who come to Alaska wear these huge bells on their backpacks to alert any bears that they are nearby. and the big joke in Alaska is: "How can you tell bear scat (poopoo) from another animal?" and the answer is, the bear scat will have bells in it! LOL
Alaska is gorgeous, clean, safe, beautiful, and a wonderful place to raise a family. I am just used to the city life and I miss the lower 48.  Perhaps once hubby comes home and we go camping again, I will again appreciate the Big, Wild, Life of Alaska.
Go Bears!!

68chrgrwife

Quote from: moparsuebear on March 26, 2007, 01:53:34 AM
Kodiak Island is famous for huge Kodiak brown bears, world-class sport fishing, one of the largest commercial fishing ports in the nation, and the magnificent green that the island turns during the summer--which is why Kodiak is affectionately called Alaska's Emerald Isle.

The Kodiak Island Borough, with a population of 13,900 persons includes The City of Kodiak, seven villages, the U.S. Coast Guard Base, plus several remote camps and lodges.

That's the info I got from Kodiak's visitor's website. It's a remote island. I sure wouldn't want to be stationed there! I barely survive living here in Anchorage and we're a city of about 260,000!!!!  We have 3 walmarts and a Target finally being built not far from the base. We don't have Olive Garden, Red Lobster, or K-Mart. We used to have a Kmart, but it closed down. There is an indoor putt putt golf course, and an indoor water park. and if you enjoy laying out and getting a tan.... well, get used to laying in a tanning salon instead. The sun is a fickle critter and is rather shy. Camping is great during the summer, as long as you got enough bug spray and enough bullets to fend off a bear. Fishing is great too, if you like fish. I hate fish, but I do enjoy catching the little critters and cooking them up for hubby and kids. There are some nice beaches here too, for clamming, but beware of the tides, cause if you if you're not careful, you can get caught in the tide pools which is like quicksand.
The tourists who come to Alaska wear these huge bells on their backpacks to alert any bears that they are nearby. and the big joke in Alaska is: "How can you tell bear scat (poopoo) from another animal?" and the answer is, the bear scat will have bells in it! LOL
Alaska is gorgeous, clean, safe, beautiful, and a wonderful place to raise a family. I am just used to the city life and I miss the lower 48.  Perhaps once hubby comes home and we go camping again, I will again appreciate the Big, Wild, Life of Alaska.

I love that joke..I'll have to tell people that one.  Man sounds great where you are.  I don't tan...sun is soooooo BAD for you.  I lost a friend's mom to skin cancer and now hate the sun.  I'd love to camp though..out here camping is luxury..you get cabins with running water, electricity, tv and computer outlets...what kinda camping is that?
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

moparsuebear

I consider camping...... a huge bonfire for cooking, a tree for squatting behind, LOL, and a lake nearby for bathing in! I don't do "camping" with blowdryers, curling irons, microwaves, or other necessities like most other people in their cozy RV's do! We are true tent campers and ocassionally we will rent a camper from the base, but it's only for protection from bears; we still use fire for heating food and don't use electricity. Okay, I will admit, we do use propane to heat the camper as Alaskan nights do tend to get chilly even though the sun is still up. We have had many happy times camping and I can't wait til this summer for more adventures.
We bought 2 acres of land on a lake here in Alaska, in Wasilla, about 45 min from Anchorage. At this point we're not sure if we're going to retire up here or come back when we're old and grey.
Go Bears!!

AKcharger

It seems humourous, I saw a clip about the dog owing Stewie Money and Stewie beat him up and set him on fire, I was amused

Quote from: moparsuebear on March 26, 2007, 01:21:36 AM
...Love the "evil monkey in my closet". I think he lives at my house too! LOL

Hey MOPARSUEBEAR®, I have a... I don;t have to say it  :icon_smile_wink:

moparsuebear

Quote from: AKcharger on March 26, 2007, 06:46:45 AM
It seems humourous, I saw a clip about the dog owing Stewie Money and Stewie beat him up and set him on fire, I was amused

Ya, AKcharger..... but your evil monkey doesn't live in a closet though!!! teeeeheeee  :devil:
Go Bears!!

Lowprofile

Quote from: AKcharger on March 26, 2007, 06:46:45 AM

That's one of my favorite shows!  AK, here's a link to that clip................

http://www.mojoflix.com/Video/Family-Guy-Brian-Beatdown.html
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

70charger_boy

Sorry, for the bump but it's on now and it is totally friggin hilarious.  Stewie carjacked some guy in Denver and drove to rhode island :smilielol: :smilielol:

BMOTOXSTAR

Thanks man, I allmost forgot ! :cheers:
"John Foot Penis"
"My son just got into Devry!" ".What,did he have to open the door?" :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

70charger_boy

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on August 12, 2007, 08:50:35 PM
Thanks man, I allmost forgot ! :cheers:
"John Foot Penis"
"My son just got into Devry!" ".What,did he have to open the door?" :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: I laughed my ass off on that one and the part with the horse shooting the trainer :smilielol: :smilielol:

BMOTOXSTAR

I missed Americ Dad. Rats ! :RantExplode:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT