News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Famous Celebrity MoPar enthusiasts???

Started by 69chargerboy, February 07, 2007, 06:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Quote from: Chris G. on February 08, 2007, 05:09:58 PM... but to put him in the same class as what we all consider "famous celebrity", I think not. He does have good taste in cars though. :yesnod:

We all?  You mean yourself.  But it's okay because he does have good taste in cars and he is famous to some of us and even if you are a secret famous guy, like I said, I'm still more than happy to include you on the list.  ;D

2fast4u

Wasn't there a picture of "the Doors" with a Charger?   Does anybody have that?

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Brock Samson

THE CHARGER PUNK

Rober Goulet and the famed mystery blue 70 daytona :yesnod:

gnrl01

Yeah Tom Wopat is not a car guy at all, John Schneider is the one who is into rods...Kenny Wayne Shepard I heard sold that Extreme Lee or has it out for lease now...Wierd every time he gets a General Lee he sells it.

Bluestar

Mr. Brady drove a 1971 Barracuda Convertible one season :)

LL1 1967 Coronet

Yeah, then it changed to an abortion 1972 Barracuda convertible the following season!!

Ghoste

CaptMarvel

Also, Waylon Jennings was given a '69 Charger GL after expressing his liking for the star of DOH. I don't know where that one went.

Shooter or Jesse probably wound up with it would be my guess....

Charger1973

Quote from: CaptMarvel on February 09, 2007, 08:07:25 PM

Also, Waylon Jennings was given a '69 Charger GL after expressing his liking for the star of DOH. I don't know where that one went.

Shooter or Jesse probably wound up with it would be my guess....

I seem to remember it being sold for around $45,000

Charger1973

Quote from: 2fast4u on February 08, 2007, 11:33:18 PM

2fast

Yes there are several pictures, it is a 68 Charger.  I have always heard that car was a rental though. 

Heres one of Jim, the rest are saved on a CD but im not sure where its at right now. 

Ghoste

I thought it belonged to Densmore or Kreiger?

Mean 318

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Ghoste

Yes.  Tom Morello and I think he still has it.

Spike

Goldberg has a eight Mopars and is still looking to collect more!, 68 HEMI Dart clone, 69 HEMI Charger, 67 HEMI GTX, 63 Max Wedge Candymatic nostalgia racer, 68 GTX 440 4-speed vert, 70 Challenger 472 HEMI vert, 70 440-6 4-speed Cuda.

2fast4u

Quote from: Charger1973 on February 09, 2007, 08:25:22 PM
Quote from: 2fast4u on February 08, 2007, 11:33:18 PM

2fast

Yes there are several pictures, it is a 68 Charger.  I have always heard that car was a rental though. 

Heres one of Jim, the rest are saved on a CD but im not sure where its at right now. 

If you find that cd would you mind posting those pics?  I would like to have copies of those!

thanks   2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Ghoste

They're on here somewhere, cuz this site is where I ripped them from.  I'd put them on now but it'd be a blatant double post of pics.  (that's a bad thing btw, for any of you new folks to the site)

mikepmcs

crap, i just did that on another thread.  now i know, and i've been here a while.
:icon_smile_blackeye:
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Ghoste

Well this may not have the pics you're looking for but the thread will at least help you on your quest.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,152.0.html

chargerboy69

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on February 08, 2007, 02:57:40 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on February 08, 2007, 01:46:20 PM
Do you happen to know his name on the board?
He got the idea for his member name from his valve covers... :D

(kidding)

I agree though, it's an awesome General, I love it! The tattered flag idea is too cool. :icon_smile_cool:
Here's a couple more...

I found Kenny Wayne Sheperds board name. . It is KWS,  He was just on here yesterday. Thought that was cool.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Irisharse

Mr Brady, Ha!  I do seem to remember a 72? Satellite wagon autumn bronze with magnum 500's

Wheels of Terror

Quote from: Chris G. on February 07, 2007, 08:16:13 PM
Enthusiasts is a good way of describing the people listed in this thread. Now if you said die hard or true fan of the car, only one would qualify in my book, and that would be John Schneider. The rest are Johnny come lately's, who are riding the wave.  :Twocents:

:iagree: :2thumbs:Riding on the trend.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

pettyfan43

I can't say i agree, at some point everybody here got into cars and at some point got into Mopars and Chargers. It DIDN'T JUST HAPPEN.

I love cool cars, No matter which make (except for those riceburning, puddle jumping fartcan things some people think are cool now) or year. 

BUT my favorite cars are Mopars with the Chargers from 66-74 topping the list.  I have an appreciation for many different types of cars. But Chargers are my favorites. BELIEVE me. On my list of "IF-I-EVER-WON-THE-LOTTERY" cars, Chargers figure VERY PROMINENTLY, but there are some very cool GM, Ford and even an AMC on there!

What I can't believe is how so many people here will trash or jump on somebody else here when they have no clue about who they are or WHY they love these cars! Some of you guys jump on the young guys who just love cool cars and are the future of this hobby, you treat some of the people here like secondclass citizens just because their car isn't YOUR cup o tea!

Some people who talk about other people's attitude and arrogance REALLY need to take a look in the mirror. Look at yourself and how and why YOU became a Charger nut to begin with.

Just because you haven't seen much on Bruce Willis' car, you automatically think he is a "johnny come lately". How would you know?

YOU might not have heard about it, ot you might not know when he got into the cars, but for all you know that black Charger might be THE car he has always wanted.

Keep in mind, everybody who is famous doesn't necessarily make it public knowledge that they own that Challenger or RoadRunner. They may have owned or currently own Mopars because they have a true and deep appreciation for the cars.