News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Famous Celebrity MoPar enthusiasts???

Started by 69chargerboy, February 07, 2007, 06:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerboy

Anyone know of any Famous Celebrities that own vintage MoPars? Well, other than Goldburg........
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

Many celebs own Vipers: http://www.allpar.com/history/celebrities.html

Steve Zahn -- '69 or '70 Roadrunner.
Bruce Willis -- had or has a '69 or '70 Charger
Big Show -- had or has a '71 Charger Superbee
Paul Sr. of American Choppers -- had a '68 Charger
Don Johnson -- had or has a '71 Plymouth Hemi Cuda
Kelsey Grammer  -- had a '93 Dodge Viper R/T-10 that he flipped while drunk. (A Mopar buddy of mine now owns the suspension, wheels and tires off that car).
Funkmaster Flex -- '71 Plymouth Duster 340 and '69 Dodge Charger R/T

69chargerboy

My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

mikepmcs

Bruce Willis
Like it or not Paul Sr from OCC
Jay Leno has I think a 66 Coronet
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

CaptMarvel

How 'bout David Spade? Isnt he a Mopar fan too?

mikepmcs

Forgot D Spade, my bad.

Doesn't Busta Rhymes own one too.  I thought I saw something on MTV once, and I remember it was Sublime Green.

WOW, I just checked out Curtis' thread(Bull).  He wins :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69bronzeT5

One of the guys from Slipknot just sold 3 of his 1973 Chargers on Ebay.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mikepmcs

I don't think Tom Wopat has anything to do with the Dukes anymore, it's just John Schneider now.  Oh yeah, Ben Jones too(Cooter)

Bones68charger

Me, but I am so none of you have heard of me.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Like others have posted here's Bruce and his '69 ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Gordie Johnson, Kevin Greene- both Charger fans.  Don't one of the Garza brothers have a Charger as well?

Chris G.

Enthusiasts is a good way of describing the people listed in this thread. Now if you said die hard or true fan of the car, only one would qualify in my book, and that would be John Schneider. The rest are Johnny come lately's, who are riding the wave.  :Twocents:

Chatt69chgr

I don't know if Tom Wopat has a Mopar or not.  But he was at the last Dukes convention in Nashville (last summer).  I don't know what Cooter did to get him there but must have been a bunch of money involved.  I was there to get autographs of all the Dukes and I really wonder if Wopat will do one of those things again.  He seemed to be grinning and bearing it.  The others seemed genuinely happy to be with their admirers.  I got in Wopat's line first since I was worried that I might never get the chance of getting his autograph again without going to New York and one of his plays----and then you probably wouldn't get the autograph. 

I doubt I will go to one of those things again.  There must have been 50,000 people there and it was very poorly organized.  I went to the one in Bristol they had a couple of years ago and kind of saw what the deal was on getting the autographs.  You have to stand in line for hours to get each one.  I took my wife with me to share this chore---she in one line and me in another.  The item I took to get autographed was the top rear fender section I cut off a totally destroyed charger----I would never do that to one that was salvageable.  I cleaned the piece up and painted it Dukes Orange and put  a flip top gas cap and trim ring on it.  Whole thing is about 4 feet long.  I got all the actors, the two stunt drivers on the TV show, and Jerry Rushing (the original Duke) to sign it.  I plan on putting it in a shadow box and hanging it in my garage/shop.  Nobody there had ever heard of anybody doing this.  Trunk lids, hoods, sun visors, glove boxes, and panel behind the grill yes---- but not this.  Everyone that saw the thing's eyes were bugging out.  Many questions were asked.  I will note that every one of the celebritys that I asked to sign the piece were just as nice as they could be.  This was a family event and there were zillions of kids there.  They absolutely love the General Lee.  I don't think the popularity of the 2nd generation Chargers will ever wane with this population coming up behind us.
Just so everyone will know, I am not building a General Lee-----just a siimple 69 RT clone but I certainly don't have any problem with folks that are.

Telvis

Telvis has a 68 Charger.  :icon_smile_big:.....I'm famous in my own mind.

69_500

You guys over looked Al Jardine of the Beach Boys. He has a 71 HEMI Cuda.

DodgeChargerNeeded

Hulk Hogan has a 68 Charger shown on his show a few times, Joe Rogan has the famous Cuda(sick fish i think).
Jeff

DodgeChargerNeeded

Oh and the guy from Sugar Ray, I don't know his name but he has a 68 charger. Saw it on Cribs
Jeff

THE CHARGER PUNK

Mike Kroeger from Nickel back has a triple black 70 charger r/t se, u can see it on the back of their latest cd :yesnod:

xs29j8Bullitt

Former US Senator from Texas, John Tower, was well known for keeping a (1972?) Charger as his personal vehicle... even had it restored while still in office.  Somewhere I have a newspaper clipping showing the Senator with his favorite car.

I just "googled" the subject, and found this: http://www.hpumc.org/files/111006.pdf

Looks like the Charger may have sold late last year in a local (Dallas) charity auction!  I wish I had known about it...

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

Mean 318

pettyfan43

Wrestilng Star John Cena has a NICE Orange Superbird AND a VERY nice all original 66 Hemi Charger.
Big Show has a purple 71 Super Bee.
Besides the 68 Charger R/T,  Hulk Hogan also has A Rumble Bee and a couple of Vipers.
Bob Seger's Base player collects Max Wedge cars. Tim Allen has a blown Hemi 56 ford F-100 Pro Street truck.

Don Coscarelli that did the Phantasm movies is  awell known Cuda Collector. He owns the 71 Coupe used in #2. The Convertible used in #3 and 4 and has a GORGEOUS Red on REd 4 speed AAR.

Charlie Carner who wrote the screenplay for the Vanishing Point Remake has an Orange 383-4 speed 70 Challenger R/T S/E AND the nice black Charger that was referred to as "the Beast" in the movie.

Jeff Foxworthy used to drive ram 4X4 trucks. Alan Jackson uses Ram Diesels on his farm and owns a COUPLE of Vipers.

Those are all that come to mind right now.

If anything comes to mnd I'll try to post it. I'm not at home right now

chargerrt

Quote from: Mean 318 on February 07, 2007, 10:50:57 PM
Quote from: CaptMarvel on February 07, 2007, 06:39:35 PM
How 'bout David Spade? Isnt he a Mopar fan too?
Does anyone know what he has?

My gues would be a '67 GTX convertible.....he's had one in two of his movies.  i.e. Tommy Boy and Joe Dirt

P.S.  Kenny Wayne Shepherd's General is the only General that I have ever truly loved....That car is niiiice