News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

damn damn damn, im a moron today

Started by Lord Warlock, February 07, 2007, 06:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

Took the passenger side door panel off today in order to unbolt the right side mirror, door handle and door lock mechanism so I can sand off the paint under those pieces as well as work on them as time permits.  Realized i needed a different screwdriver to get the clip off the doorlock, and stepped on the door panel (that I had set leaning on the wheel - and it slid down) managed to punch a hole thru the damn panel  near the top of the panel.  Panel survives 30 years and one mistep and its ruined.  Looks like it'll be getting replacement door panels after all.  I'd originally planned on using them since they were still in great shape. 

Feel so stoopid.  Knew there was a reason why I put the driver panel in the back seat instead of outside the car. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Charger-Bodie

crap happens think of it this way atleast it wasnt the upper door pad!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

tan top

these things happen ,  ok it is bad that you have lost the original door panel , but at least you can get repops . witch are of awesome quality  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

chgr500

Don't be too hard on yourself.....years back I had a freind that backed his Cuda over his shaker hood air cleaner......destroyed it.

Sh$t happens....life goes on

Shakey

A similar type of story.

I had picked up some plastic trim & a radiator shroud at Year One in Atlanta, GA back in December.  I was fortunate enough to be able to smuggle these items on the plane with (the ticket agent had said that Air Canada wouldn't let me bring these oversized pieces on board) me as they would not fit in the suitcase and boxing them and checking them was not an option.

They made it through security in Atlanta, through customs in Toronto and were placed gently on the luggage cart as we (I had the Wife and Children with me) made our way to the parking garage.  As I was pushing the cart up a ramp, a bag on the top rolled off.  My Wife had the infant in her arms and was holding the hand of the toddler so a nice fellow quickly grabbed the fallen bag and proceeded to throw it on the top of the luggage pile on the cart, right on top of the radiator shroud and plastic trim.  I could hear the plastic & fibreglass make some stressing noise but luckily nothing got broken.

My Wife and I had to laugh.  These items make it home from a week in the back of the car as we toured through GA & SC, through the airport and the duration of the flight.  50 meters from the car so good Samaritan almost trashes them.

As the others had stated, shit happens.  Hell, here's a good excuse to get yourself some new trim panels.   :yesnod:

Lord Warlock

I'd always been kind of proud about how nice the factory interior was  other than the drivers seat cushion.  None of the panels had bee cut to install aftermarket speakers, it had all the armrests etc, the only thing missing was the shoulder harnesses on the seat belts.  I was surprised how brittle the panel was, it seemed to flex just fine when pulling it off, didn't crack then, but somehow managed to get it in just the wrong location.  Just behind the doors hanging from the walls at shoulder level are two hanging shelves, and i've cracked my head on the underside corner of the shelves at least a dozen times, so now I'm looking up instead of down when getting out of the car.  I'm glad to know the repops are good quality, not sure how they'll match the rest of the interior though.  I was going to have to replace the seat covers, and probably redye the kick panels now the project will be a bit more expensive.  But when it reaches that point I suppose the expense won't bother me as much since it should be nearing completion. 

LW
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

resq302

I know your pain all too well.  Check out this thead about my "accident".

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,13607.0.html

The main thing is that you learn from your mistakes so you don't do them again.  My mistake was to the tune of about $2000.  At least yours is cheaper and more easily repaired.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

SFbullitt

hey just a tip on that door handle, if you want to remove it, there is enough play in the rod to simply unscrew it if you pull it out far enough to reach them.

Bandit72

shit happens, recently i scored a 78 dodge pickup out of a farmers field for 100 bucks with a good 360/727 awesome glass and a MINT grill...which for anyone who's not familiar with these, they are the same grill that they used on the 78 lil red express's and warlocks so they can bring a decent chunk on ebay esspecially since this one was MINT....well got to pulling the engine with my winch truck when the engine caught on something on the way out...well, it let go and one way or another my winch truck rolled backwards and crushed the grill i was planning on selling to make my money back.....oh well not a big loss i guess
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....