News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone know what kind of wheel this is?

Started by moparnutty, February 06, 2007, 11:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparnutty

Can anyone tell me what kind of wheel this is. It says motor wheel spider on the center cap.

BMOTOXSTAR

A round one. Just kiddin'.  :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
    LOL, BMOTOXSTAR#079
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Nacho-RT74

I think was called "SPIDER". Not sure thought. In fact it does says that on center
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Brock Samson

yeah i remember the ads from back in the day, they were shown on a turbo Corvair and are indeed called "Spider".

Rallyecharger

Hi! the company is Motor Wheel Corporation and that model is the Spider.
Motor Wheel Corp. was in Lansing Michigan and the "Spider" wheel was around from '69--'73.
Aftermarket wheel with a cast aluminum center with a steel outer rim.
Hope this helps.....
Do you have one or a set?? I am trying to complete a set and would appreciate any leads...
  John.

dodgeterm

Spyder wheel..  premium wheel in the late 60s.    sponsored several drag teams...   I think they do well on eBay...

Ghoste

They used to make them right here in my little old hick hometown.  There were a lot of sets around town at one time but they seem to have all disappeared.  Plant left town too, around 1990.

BMOTOXSTAR

I think this 72' Satellite has them on it, not the same style but brand. I am working out the details on buying this Mopar.
BMOTOXSTAR#079
:METAL: :METAL: :METAL: :METAL:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

moparnutty

Thanks for the info. guys. A friend of mine found a set of these wheels and wanted to know what they were. The set he has fits Chevy's.