News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally, again, some progress on my hemi68..... more pics

Started by hemi68charger, February 06, 2007, 10:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Well, there's light at the end of the tunnel..... Took some pics of "Hemi" yesterday.... It was a great site of seeing her fenders and doors on again, albeit it's temporary.. Smitty's making sure all the lines are good, he'll remove, paint the portions needed prior to bolting on for good and painting....  Whew........... A little before, during and now......

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hemi68charger

Quote from: Silver R/T on February 06, 2007, 10:37:31 PM
nice progress

Thanks....

5 years later progress.............  But now, progress nonetheless.........
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Big Lebowski

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 06, 2007, 10:51:14 PM
nice progress

Thanks....

Looks good. I know what you mean, progress can be slow and painful, but it's fun when you see something done.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemigeno

Glad to see Smitty coming through for you Troy!  I know you have been hoping for a lot more a whole lot sooner, but at least something is happening now.

Guess you'll have to stay on him to keep the pace up, right?

:thumbs:

Shakey

Quote from: Big Lebowski on February 07, 2007, 12:08:30 AM
nice progress

Thanks....

Looks good. I know what you mean, progress can be slow and painful, but it's fun when you see something done.

:iagree:

6pkrunner

-slow and steady wins the race. Nice to see some forward momentum Troy.

tan top

Quote from: BigBlockSam on February 07, 2007, 01:23:05 AM
looks good , keep the pics coming. Rene

:iagree:     looking good  :yesnod:   would like to see more pictures                        :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Magnumcharger

Looks great!
I can only hope that mine will be in a similar shape this year! ::)
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Charger_Fan

Looks like that guy's got a few irons in the fire around there, to divert his attention.
Looks good, though. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Hemidoug

Lookin good Troy! I can't wait to see that one done! Glad she's moving in the right direction. How did you make out with Dana? Did you get her back together?
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

hemi68charger

Quote from: Hemidoug on February 07, 2007, 06:18:49 PM
Lookin good Troy! I can't wait to see that one done! Glad she's moving in the right direction. How did you make out with Dana? Did you get her back together?

I'm still waiting for the dash harness.. It was "supposedly" on back order for a week.. I'll be calling YearOne tomorrow.. I'll be sending off my dash cluster for the amp-2-volt conversion at redline this week... Didn't think it would take this long, but with a family with a tiny baby, it's amazing how time gets side-tracked with mom-n-dad things to do........
Troy

69_500

So at current pace your Daughter will be driving the car home from the shop upon its completion correct? JK

Looking good.

moparnutty

hemi68charger

Some more.. As of Monday.. It's further along since then.. I'll have more next week......  Took over the hood and trunk hinges along with the trunk torsion bars.. He'll be bolting the sheetmetal soon for alignment.. Paint is oh-so-painfully close.....

Troy
Troy

duo-stripe

Congratz T.....looks like light at the end of the MoPartunnel

Grtz Marcel
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

69charger2002

i cannot WAIT to see that car done. will it be ready for houston this year or is that pushing it?
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69charger2002 on February 24, 2007, 10:14:38 PM
i cannot WAIT to see that car done. will it be ready for houston this year or is that pushing it?
trav

Trav,,
Not sure, but whatever shape it's in, I'm bring it..... Also, I"m planning, if it's rolling, trailering her to Boerne with my C500......  The seat cover and door panel sets have been ordered via Nick's Classic Parts.. I have the headliner already and I'll be getting carpet pretty soon..... I'll send the dash cluster to Dave P..... So, things are coming together..........

Troy
Troy

duo-stripe

T,
should I take a week off of work and fly in to Houston?? let's put that Elephant 426 in buddy!

Grtz Marcel

hemi68charger

Quote from: duo-stripe on February 25, 2007, 12:04:21 PM
T,
should I take a week off of work and fly in to Houston?? let's put that Elephant 426 in buddy!

Grtz Marcel

I sort of hoping the Elephant will be tucked away under the hood before then... If not, you''ll be first in line to drive the Durango with the hemi on the trailer while I'm driving Dana,,, ORRRRRRRRR, you can drive Dana and I'll drive the Durango with the family.......  I think I can figure out which one you want....... lol
Troy

duo-stripe

Well...uhm...can I think about that for a sec???

???

Gimme Dana  ;D

hemi68charger

Here are some more pics I took today.... I just "HAD" to bring the "HEMI" badges to put on the doors.... Wanted to fill the holes up.  :icon_smile_big:
Troy

hemi68charger

Troy