News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is the correct block and air cleaner color for '70 440 Six Pack?

Started by JR, February 06, 2007, 06:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

I need the color for the engine and breater on the 70 model six barrel. I think its EV2 Hemi Orange, but I'm not sure. Help me out please, im painting it this weekend. thanks.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Charger-Bodie

its actually not ev2 its a little less red and kinda pale compared to hemi orange we use a mid 70s jeep color called manderan orange code 9w its very close if not right on we spray them with acrilyc enamal w/hardener no sealer no primer just paint , clean the engine real good and as a final clean fill a paint gun with thinner and " pressure wash" it with that let it dry spray a nice light coat to avoid fisheyes and then continue as normal
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

JR

Thanks man, I'll be heading to the paint store this week. So The block and air cleaner are the same color I'm guessing??
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: JR on February 07, 2007, 04:36:55 PM
Thanks man, I'll be heading to the paint store this week. So The block and air cleaner are the same color I'm guessing??

in this case yes
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

gtx6970

Quote from: JR on February 07, 2007, 04:36:55 PM
\

No, they are different colors. Fram did the aircleaners and they were already sprayed before they arrived at chrysler for installs.
I'll agree on the mandarin orange for the long-block,, just not the aircleaner lid

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T