News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fellow black or dark colored charger ect owners i have a question

Started by Charger-Bodie, February 04, 2007, 03:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

just about done with my charger its the first black car ive had and im just wondering what others have found to be a good wax or polish for keeping the finish swirl free and for those pesky fine scratches that are always more noticable on black and dark colored car thanks for the advice.............ps ill be finishing the paint out with 3m perfect it 3000 im juist curios on the routine polish jobs that i know im in for with keeping black looking fresh  :icon_smile_cool:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Sinister68

I've always used either Nu Finish or Zymol.  I've tried a few others (the WORST was that "Wet" crap) but I keep coming back to Zymol.  :icon_smile_approve:
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

472 R/T SE

This Cuda owner uses Zaino Z5 on his. http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=28389.msg283384#msg283384  I'm a firm believer in Zaino's as well.  Just 69 C, our mod, got me hooked on the stuff.  I figured if it was good enuf for his ride, it would compliment mine.  ;)
Just look at that Cuda, the paints looks like it was just poured on.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

472 R/T SE

Just 6T9 CHGR

Like Mike stated Zaino Bros. all the way......once you try it you will never go back.....

www.zainobros.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

right click save.  Thanks for that info fellas. :icon_smile_big:
I have a black pickup that i'll be wanting to take swirls out of, as well as, telling my buddy(potential emloyer who owns a body shop) about this. 

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Arigmaster

I use a product called Auto Auction Prep. by Prowax. The stuff works great using a buffer or by hand... It's a bit pricey but very well worth it...   I like all their products.  Here is a link:   http://www.prowax.com/polish.shtml

tan top

best product   i have used  for the last 20 years -  after machine polishing ( mopping)  &  before waxing  is  3M imperial handglaze . 

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Troy

I think you have to be a member on Cuda-Challenger.com to see pics. I turned that "feature" off here but I know some places need to worry about bandwidth.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Bandit4142

Zaino Brothers........  PERIOD.    I've used about everything in existance and while Zaino is relatively expensive, I have found it to be vastly superior to anything else I've used (3M, Zymol, Meguire's, Mothers and others) .   I use the entire system, and yes, its time consuming, but the shine is amazing.   What truely amazed me was its LASTING power.   I live in Colorado, at an altitude of 8000' and with our sun and weather, nothing has ever lasted until now.    Also has held up to magchloride, tar, and numerous other random crap I've picked up off the road.

For Compounding, buffing, polishing, and glazing, I still use 3M.  But all my (after paint) products are Zaino.    ;)
1969 Charger - 383 mag auto - Sold and sorely missed.
1970 Charger R/T - 440 mag - sold
1969 Super Bee - 383 mag auto - sold
1969 Cornet R/T - 383 mag 4 spd - sold

Charger-Bodie

any input on what to buy to get the best results from zaino and tips for application woul also be nice thanks brian

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Joshua

Quote from: 1hot68 on February 04, 2007, 03:57:37 PM
the finish swirl free and for those pesky fine scratches that are always more noticable on black and dark colored car
One of the downfalls of a dark colored car....higher maintenance.
But it's sure hard to beat a BLACK Charger!

41husk

I was tipped off last year on here about Zaino products, since I first used it I have never used anything else.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

charger490

i use meguiars quik detailer on my car and never wax it

Charger-Bodie

ok today is the day ,  :P im doing the dreaded final buff polish and glaze here is what im doing
1 all 3 steps of the 3m perfect it 3000 swirl remover
2 zaino 5 with zfx
...........ill let everyone know how i turn out later

dkn1997

a really good product to compliment any was/polish is mr clean autodry.  my brother inlaw uses it on his black corvette and gets absolutely no water spots on it at all.  those water spots  get ground into the paint, making swirls.  obviousely, it prevents them, nothing you can do after it's swirled already besides claybar, handglaze, etc..
RECHRGED

BATMAN

I have 2 black cars and a dark blue car.  The two waxes I use are Mothers and Meguiars.  The best wax I have found is the "Meguiars Clear Coat."  It is about $13 per bottle if you can find it in a store, otherwise it is available online.  It hides all the small scratches, has an amazing shine, and lasts for long time.  I would never use Nu Finish as for some reason it just never looked good on any car I ever tried it on.  KIT is another good wax.

Charger1973

Charger-Bodie

for all of the recomendations i say thank you for those who recommended Zaino a HUGE Thank You!!!!!!!!!!! WOW ive been doing this for a long time and it takes a lot for a product to REALLY impress me but that stuff does it very very nice stuff!!

mikepmcs

Guess I know what i'm buying now.

That car is insane!!!!
Nice job brother!!!!! :METAL: :METAL: :METAL: :METAL:
You get the 4 metal salute!!!

v/r
Mike

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 24, 2007, 06:44:47 PM
Guess I know what i'm buying now.

That car is insane!!!!
Nice job brother!!!!! :METAL: :METAL: :METAL: :METAL:
You get the 4 metal salute!!!

v/r
Mike

I thank you!

mikepmcs

I'd like to see some video of that rocket ride riding round!!!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 24, 2007, 06:52:32 PM
I'd like to see some video of that rocket ride riding round!!!

i may see what i can do for ya on that when spring rolls around ! my sisters love video taping stuff and they are always uploading things DO YOU LIKE SMOKE???

mikepmcs

yeah I like the smoke!!! a LITTLE. lol