News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

makeshift distributor clamp?

Started by Harlow, February 10, 2007, 11:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

Has anyone ever used something to hold down the distributor when they didn't have a clamp? I would like to start up my engine but I need something to hold the distributor down, while I order and clamp.

- Scott

Charger-Bodie

you coul fab one out of angle iron or my dad mage one once for one of his 65 satellites from a piece of alluminum square tubing it worked really good actually
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

mikepmcs

Scott

you talking about this?  If so, are there any salvage yards near you.  Isn't this something your local pep boys, auto zone, etc... would carry.

if you have access to any kind of stainless steel or sheet metal, you can fab one up yourself for the time being.

I also imagine that the distributor is seated right now and the only problem I can see is it being susceptible to move around while the engine is running.  If you can keep it still you are in business.  Be creative, zip ties, etc....
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger-Bodie

just keep in mind that the dist needs to have a good gound to the block
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Harlow

Well I made something that will work for the time being, but I'll probably end up just buying one later on, thanks for the help guys.