News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Katie Couric SUPERBOWL PRE-GAME show...

Started by Charger Aficionado, February 04, 2007, 05:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

WTH happened to Couric???  (*sp)  Dude she looks like a freakin' zombie  She was pretty hott before, but now she looks..  looks... like Night of the Living Dead...  Wow.  Why do people do that crap (plastic surgery)??? 

Did I miss something?  (Did they comment that she had her wisdom teeth pulled)???  lol  Looks like they have something tied in there to pull her cheeks back...  Daaaaaamn...

Afflyer

I thought she was going to make some political slant on the game- maybe even offer us up another rehash on her colonoscopy video from years ago. 

I thought whathehell is SHE doing on the friggin set?!

CBS and their infinite liberal wisdom shines through yet again.

::)
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Charger Aficionado

I just don't get it.

ONE:  WHY DID SHE DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE???

TWO:  Why was she on the air>???

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on February 04, 2007, 11:49:22 PM
I just don't get it.

One: as proof she's not truly a serious journalist. Could you see Edward R. Morrow or Walter Cronkite there? Even Dan Rather? She holds the same postion they did. Lead anchor at a major network but still doing 'fluff' stories.

Two: because, IMHO, CBS is stil insecure about their decision in hiring her and wanting to 'get her out there among the masses to show what a regular American Gal she is.' It was about ratings and not reporting.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Afflyer

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

6pkrunner

I think you hit both nails right on the head 69CoronetRT. and she cannot be compared in the same league as the others you mentioned who devoted their entire life to serious journalism - not the tabloid TV we have today.

dkn1997

Quote from: Afflyer on February 04, 2007, 11:00:12 PM

I thought whathehell is SHE doing on the friggin set?!

::)

dude, you just summed it all up.  what the F does she have to offer as far as sports commentary?  she seems like a nice lady, but I would rather see bradshaws big fat bald head. 
RECHRGED

MichaelRW

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on February 05, 2007, 01:21:50 AM
Quote from: Charger Aficionado on February 04, 2007, 11:49:22 PM
I just don't get it.

One: as proof she's not truly a serious journalist. Could you see Edward R. Morrow or Walter Cronkite there? Even Dan Rather? She holds the same postion they did. Lead anchor at a major network but still doing 'fluff' stories.

Two: because, IMHO, CBS is stil insecure about their decision in hiring her and wanting to 'get her out there among the masses to show what a regular American Gal she is.' It was about ratings and not reporting.

I tend to agree with you but Couric just came from being among the masses while she did her multi-year stint on Good Morning America. Maybe CBS wanted to "remind" America of this (for all the good it will do). She will never get CBS out of 3rd place because she is not taken seriously as a journalist. Having her do the fluff stuff certainly doesn't enhance her image. CBS is floundering from bad decisions and may be grasping at straws.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........