News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rust removal

Started by rudyjrusa, February 03, 2007, 09:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

Hi - i need to remove some rust from the bumpers and license plate holder - are there any good products out there i can use to remove most of this rust - would like to place items in barrel with rust removal liquid - thanks

mikepmcs

If the bumpers are chrome, you might be out of luck if the rust is heavy, however if you get some number 7 or some turtle wax chrome polish and rust remover, you might be able to pretty it up a little or a lot.  Depends on how much time you spend on it and i would buff it if it's a big area with an orbital and a ton of that chrome polish.
Here's a pic of the turtle wax junk i use.

Yes, that is Marisa Tomei looking at you.  :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Ghoste

And she helps in the rust removal center...?

mikepmcs

no, that just happened to be where i snapped the picture,lol.
but i figured someone might say something about the pic so i thought i'd throw that in there. :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Ghoste

That's cool.  I thought the pic maybe served as some kind of rust removal voodoo thing that you were keeping secret from us.   :icon_smile_big:

jordyjim

she can remove my rust anytime.

Silver R/T

turtle wax...it does wonders <--thats what she's saying
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Arigmaster

If the chrome is pitted really bad start out with dry "fine steel wool" then follow with a polishing compound and finally a wax to help seal it up. You might want to try "Flitz" polish if you want to remove the tarnish and protect it in one step.